FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H894 Filed Today: Rebuild Southern Flounder Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H894 Filed Today: Rebuild Southern Flounder Stocks
    Posted: 05 May 2021 at 3:12pm
Deadline for co-sponsors is tomorrow. Please ask your House member to consider being a co-sponsor. This bill has bi-partisan sponsorship. It has appropriations, which means it carries over to next year's short-session if not passed in the long-session.

Note: House Majority Leader John Bell is a primary sponsor.

http://ncleg.gov/BillLookUp/2021/H894

Edited by Rick - 05 May 2021 at 3:32pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 6:50pm
Rick, I and others used to post almost daily on the fishing report section of this site.  I check back from time to time and immediatley read all your posts.  Thank you for your hard work staying on top of these important topics and keeping us all informed.  
"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by paulg1 paulg1 wrote:

Rick, I and others used to post almost daily on the fishing report section of this site.  I check back from time to time and immediatley read all your posts.  Thank you for your hard work staying on top of these important topics and keeping us all informed.  

You're welcome.

There are a lot of us still involved and working on "the issues" weekly and at times it seems like almost daily.  We are going to get there...if the division's Management Through Collapse doesn't win first. 
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 3:42pm
Did they stuff the lawmakers full of cash after they filed? If not, this is worthless just like all the other activities we have attempted to run to save our resources the past 10 years.
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 6:04pm
Stump1187, I was thinking the same thing: time to raise some campaign donations. This Bill is going nowhere.

bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 9:01am
If commercial harvest continues, the half a million pound limit in this bill will pretty much mean that all harvest will go to the commercial side.  You can't keep pound nets open or the limit will be hit really fast.

Also -- I don't understand the wait to 2028.  Why not 2024 or 2023?  This collapse could leave nothing by 2028 if the commercials keep hitting them for half a million pounds a year that end up being reported.   We all know half a million pounds of reporting really equals 1 million pounds of harvest from commercial gear. 

I wish they'd just declare a 5 year moratorium for everyone right now.  

Oh well - hope this bill passes ---- but i'm not holding my breath.

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic