FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It had to be said

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It had to be said
    Posted: 22 November 2020 at 8:59am
After listening to a repeated misnomer by Commissioners holding a commercial MFC seat, Chairman Rob Bizzell spoke up.  The misnomer that Commercial fishermen holding MFC Commercial fishing designated seats "represented" their fishermen we have heard heard repeatedly over the years.

Addressing the last speaker, the Chairman told him in no uncertain terms, but politely, that he did not represent commercial fishermen.  That all Commissioners represented the resource.  The Primacy of protecting the public trust resource was the job of all Commissioners, regardless of which seat they were in.

Well for me, that was a refreshing.  Rob is known for being as neutral as possible on topics and to run the meeting as professionally as he can, biting his tongue on topics that are dear to his heart.  If you do not think this to be true, just think back about former MFC Chairpersons.

Thanks Rob

Edited by chriselk - 22 November 2020 at 9:59am
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
Get Bowed Up View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Bowed Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 1:07pm
I noted that too Chris but honestly thought he was speaking to both Commissioners one directly and the other indirectly. The position argument and rebuttal were both grounded in each other's user groups.

Honestly, I agree with the fish resource being at the heart, but applied as a blanket over all management decision-making I fear nulls arguments on allocations and or gear use, if confronted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic