FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The End of Recreational Flounder Access

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The End of Recreational Flounder Access
    Posted: 01 October 2020 at 9:21am
I note the passing of our recreational season on flounder yesterday and would like to know how this forum's membership did in catching summer flounder,and southern flounder.I managed to hook a number of summers around Oregon Inlet during the season, but none hit my target minimum length of 16 - 17". On the southern flounder side, I caught and released several respectable fish in the 3LB range EARLY in the sumer before it got so hot that my sandals started melting on the deck. Since the season came in, no southern flounder of any size graced my gunwhale. It would appear that those fish will now begin moving through area waters toward the inlet, where they will certainly be safe from our depredations, but I hope your keeper season was much better than my own. Any reports on success, failure or words to recap this interestingly timed season and closure to place our access to these fish in perspective?
V/H Dog
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2020 at 11:47am
Any reports on the commercial catch
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 8:30am
I released a 3.5 pounder Saturday. I saw an 8 pounder on display at the fish house yesterday. The wind probably has them moving.

Edited by cnaff - 07 October 2020 at 8:31am
V/H Dog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic