FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A DMF kind of day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A DMF kind of day
    Posted: 25 May 2020 at 11:31am
Went to Campbell Creek yesterday  with my son.  Was a little concerned that we might be too late for a parking spot since it was a beautiful day on a holiday weekend.  7:30 AM = 8 trailers in the lot.   Now that's a DMF kind of day!!  Keep those recs OFF the water.

Caught 10 red drum and all were 15 inches.  That's a DMF kind of day -- no keepers - make sure they stay to be killed in gillnets.

Caught 1 flounder that was 18 inches.  Another DMF kind of day as I threw it back to ensure that the commercial side will have something to slaughter next fall.

Got back to the ramp around noon and there were only 6 trailers left.  Thank you DMF for keep the boat ramps empty on holiday weekends!

Talked to one pair of guys who pulled up as we were leaving.  They asked if we had cleaned them all out.  We laughed and said nope - somebody beat us to it.  They said they caught 2 trout and a few small drum.  I told them about our flounder and they said they didn't see one.  So they also had a DMF kind of day.

The fishing was so good that we went home at noon.  My wife sends a special thanks to the DMF for getting me home early enough to work around the house!

Cheers!

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic