FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One of my pet peeves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One of my pet peeves
    Posted: 27 November 2019 at 12:26am
Is the attempt by some in the blind defense of commercial fishing practices in NC to constantly warn us of the health danger of imported seafood. The trouble is I have never seen articles regarding imported shrimp like this, have you?

Obviously, cheap Asian Tiger shrimp are a safer meal than vegetables from California.

I am thankful for fresh local seafood, but harvested within reason and be damned if anyone should lie just to harvest indiscriminately.

Lettuce much worse than imported shrimp.
I am a native of NC. The "bycatch captial of the east coast of the US". Our legislature lets us kill more fish for no reason than any other Atlantic Coast state. I hope they are proud.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 8:11am
...and it’s easy to point a finger when theirs is inspected and yours is not.

Let’s fight to have ALL seafood inspected!

The NCFA is just fighting to take seafood off Americans plates and make it a delicacy again for the rich and famous...or those politicians who get a cooler delivered to their front door.

Edited by Rick - 27 November 2019 at 8:14am
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2019 at 11:46pm
http://portal.ncdenr.org/c/document_library/get_file?p_l_id=1169848&folderId=33374115&name=DLFE-141905.pdf

Third slide (although entire presentation is worth viewing)

From MFC meeting this month.

That being said, Seafood illness is a drop in the bucket compared to other sources.

Edited by chriselk - 28 November 2019 at 12:21am
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic