FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

People try and ignore fishery laws everywhere

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People try and ignore fishery laws everywhere
    Posted: 30 August 2019 at 3:36pm
Will NC enforce the upcoming flounder season with the degree it needs? And are our fines and penalties strong enough to be a deterrent? If not, why not?

Illegal stripers...
I am a native of NC. The "bycatch captial of the east coast of the US". Our legislature lets us kill more fish for no reason than any other Atlantic Coast state. I hope they are proud.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Ray Brown Ray Brown wrote:

Will NC enforce the upcoming flounder season with the degree it needs? And are our fines and penalties strong enough to be a deterrent? If not, why not?

Illegal stripers...

Ray is that rhetorical?
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2019 at 7:53am
Kshivar. Rhetorical or not, enforcement is one area where NC is historically challenged. The federal presence of officers is extraordinarily rarified, and the state apparatus seeks cover from federal purview by, what rhetorical stratagem other than fully eschewing joint enforcement of its fishery laws. This enables the state to color its enforcement activities in its own terms, which on this board took the form of sciaenops offering to have me flayed in a windowless room in Morehead by some crepuscular commandant he invoked as the defender of the DMF's chaste history where I had challenged their lack of joint enforcement, and the consequent appearance of good faith on the division's part. His high dudgeon revealed itself in his need to have me set straight. His rhetorical intent, l believe, was to fend off the idea of minimized federal overview and imply, without example or supporting rhetoric, that a rubber hose or some other rhetorical device, would amply clear up the question of whether the DMF cooperates with federal law enforcement to fully invigorate it's questionable efforts to watch closely certain piscatorial exercises taken within its waters where in all other states and territories, including Guam, wholeheartedly cooperate with a program of joint enforcement. Only NC, of all those jurisdictions, does not. Perhaps a threat to have me debriefed with a cheese grater would have filled the rhetorical bill more effectively, and therefore supported the idea of rhetorical enforcement, although it's physical manifestations are open to debate, as we lack joint enforcement, at the very least.

V/H Dog
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2019 at 9:02pm
And if u read aboUT deep dropping on THT u will see the names of snowy and golden masters out of Hatteras.....
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2019 at 9:04pm
And where was he all these years on observers......new leaf turned over or double sent as things like shrimp petitions keep failing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic