FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spring fishing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring fishing
    Posted: 30 April 2019 at 10:07am
Where are all the fishing reports? Anecdotal evidence of the sorry state of our resource. Pretty soon a comm sympathizer will show and tell me I just don’t know how to fish. The good news is I don’t need any new tackle.
olsaltydog View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olsaltydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:09am
Honestly, I don't really fish the coast on these long weekends. If I do I do it early, but this weekend ended up going up to the mountains and fished for trout. It was a good weekend up there.
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2019 at 1:14pm
I went to Pennsylvania and fished for trout.  It was fantastic.  

Western Pamlico has been so dead that i've not gotten the boat wet this spring.  i went in last fall and the ramp at campbell had 4 or 5 trailers in it on a weekend day.  that's a sign that there's not much to catch.

but i'll try again soon - i'm stubbornLOL
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
Ham_1975 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham_1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 3:35pm
Nothing but stripers and the occasional channel cat right now for me. Haven’t made it as far as swift or Campbell’s creek yet.

Edited by Ham_1975 - 02 June 2019 at 3:36pm
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 9:00pm
Got the boat wet today.

Fished Blounts Creek from 730 to 1130 - three of us beating the water - NOT ONE BITE!

Even Maul's point produced zilch, which is kind of amazing.

When 3 guys can't lose a tail on a gulp swimming mullet in 4 hours you know the place is dead.DeadDeadDead

Trolling motor broke and we'd had enough after 4 hours so we went home.

Edited by bakesta - 03 June 2019 at 12:48pm
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic