FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It ain't rocket science, it is willpower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It ain't rocket science, it is willpower
    Posted: 12 April 2019 at 8:15am
I encourage you to read comments by a guy named Pat Hudson. I don't know him, but I certainly understand him.

Write them up!
I am a native of NC. The "bycatch captial of the east coast of the US". Our legislature lets us kill more fish for no reason than any other Atlantic Coast state. I hope they are proud.
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2019 at 9:35am
Reminds me of this recent article by F&S: 

"They’re the sweetest meat you can pull from the river, and the memory of a single good day is enough to keep you coming back for years. Gordon Leisch, who has been fishing the Potomac for 75 years, remembers when the run when lasted for nearly two months. “You could fill a 5-gallon bucket every day of it in a couple of hours,” he says. Those days are gone. The run these days is spotty and short, about two weeks. If you can catch it at all. If the river is high or the water cold, the perch almost seem to not come at all. The commercial netters downstream catch them in huge numbers. The recreational angler—lacking organization, a lobby, and the money it takes to make your voice heard—is lucky to catch enough in a full day to get dinner. This can break your heart if you think about it too hard."

Edited by 23Mako - 12 April 2019 at 9:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic