FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cast net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cast net
    Posted: 03 April 2019 at 10:41am
I bought the Barracuda 10’ 3/4 mess. Best net i’ve thrown but I have not thrown the Morado. It was unavailable and no 3/4.
fulchermb View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fulchermb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2019 at 10:00am
Barracuda 10' 5/8" mesh new net
Calusa 10' 5/8" mesh older net
I also like the Betts Morada 10' 5/8" mesh.
All throw great, but I really like the necks on the Barracuda and Betts best. I bought the Barracuda and I really like it, loads easy, throws great, sinks fast… Repeat. The only thing I can say negative about the Barracuda is I would like the handline to be more pliable and coil better. Other than that it's one of the best nets I've thrown and I was catching pogies last year in the sound 4-13' and in the ocean in 25-30' It WORKS!!
Mike Fulcher Jr.
Sea Pro SV2100
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2019 at 8:39am
This is the net I use:

https://justcastnets.com/products/bait-buster-menhaden-cast-net-5-8-sq-mesh

9 Footer.

It works really well in the 10-20 depth for catch pogs. I imagine the 8 would achieve similar results. I can't say enough good things about that net.

Well...I tried to separate the link out and make it "clickable." But no-go. So just copy and paste the link into your browser works.

Edited by Moderator1 - 03 April 2019 at 12:55pm
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:35pm
Thanks Spooled and Mako. What size and weight are you throwing?
SpooledRotten View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpooledRotten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:23pm
Barracuda cast nets, best net Ive ever owned.
Living a champagne life on a beer budget
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 10:54am
Lee fisher bait buster
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 3:38pm
In my winter doldrums i’m Thinking of spring. I need a new 8’ cast net for pogeys, etc. medium weights(i’m old’). What’s everyone like these days?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic