FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wooden nickels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wooden nickels
    Posted: 19 November 2018 at 8:10pm
The latest MFC meeting really caused me to examine where we are and where we should be.  And the thought that first came to mind was that I really believed something would have changed by now.  Governor Cooper was elected in November of 2016  by a very narrow margin after a very late campaign promise to fix our marine fisheries.  It sounded great and gave me hope.  I ran to look for the nickel on the dresser.

The governor had a great opportunity to make a statement with his first MFC appointments and immediately begin to follow through on his campaign promise.  For some reason, he didn't do it.  He even allowed the seat vacated by Joe Shute to remain empty for 3 meetings in 2017.  That curious inaction ensured that a deciding vote in favor of the resource did not enter the picture, and it foreshadowed what was to come. Confused

The July appointment time arrived in 2017 and - surprise!! -  the chair seat stayed commercial for an extra year. We have now had 9 MFC meetings under the Cooper administration and we've seen no change.  And from what I've seen, I think things have gotten worse.    The new chair looks a lot like a prior chair and the addition of a strongly pro-commercial at-large seat in 2018 has ensured that the MFC is going to accomplish nothing.  The commercial side now has 4 guaranteed votes. Any doubt of that disappeared at the last MFC meeting.  The remaining 5 players are now each a crucial swing vote, and that has always preserved status quo on the MFC.

But the MFC was not the governor's only opportunity.  He had an even more important position to fill when he hired a permanent DMF director.  Instead of bringing change, he hired a long time DMF insider, gauranteeing that commercial fishing would be protected first and the fish are an after thought.  The new director's statements in the NCFA letter Tradewinds has made his opinion pretty clear and the commercial side loves it.  The DMF's latest report on CMSA striped bass blatantly showed they are not willing to budge. That agency is now more firmly in the hands of the commercial side then it ever has been.  I almost long for the days of the prior director - almost.Wink

Now some can say that the governor has been handcuffed by the crazies in the legislature, and that is true on many issues.  However, marine fisheries management was one area where he really could have made a difference without being blocked - if he wanted to.   Instead - he just decided to support status quo.Angry

I'm sad to say that after his campaign promise, I had some hope.  This tired cynic wanted to believe.  Yes - I really thought the nickel might actually be on the dresser this time but it's obvious now that I once again have been fooled (shame on me!).  

So now what??

While the governor has done nothing to improve marine fisheries and seems to have ensured the commercial side has remained in control, he has accomplished one thing that I never thought was possible.  

He has lost my vote.  

Those who know me know that I lean left of center and can't stand most of the loons who control this state. But I'll vow here and now - and thus totally paint myself into a corner - that I will NOT vote for governor Cooper again unless a MAJOR and IMMEDIATE change happens regarding gillnets or shrimp trawls.   I'm not saying  I'll vote for his opponent (no chance) but I will leave that box blank on my ballot simply as a way of showing my disgust at his broken marine fisheries promise.  

I never dreamed it would come to this but if he's lost the vote of a left-leaning moderate like me, his next campaign is truly a waste of time and money.   

Yes -- I'm thoroughly disgusted.

And our marine fisheries are still dead with no chance of improvement anywhere in site.Dead

Edited by bakesta - 19 November 2018 at 8:13pm
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 9:05am
You are right that those with rec or conservation interest on the MFC need to really think about the resource and not about their "political" future or how much they like being there. I've always been told the current chair is a political figure and will steer in the direction they are told. There are others that I thought would have done more but seem to be interested in making deals. If you look at the history of how the comm seats have voted they aren't into making deals they are into voting as a block and very effectively use deals to splinter the other side and end up with deals that lead to no or very little change.

As far as the Governor and the direction that the MFC will be steered, I fear that more money has come to the table and through the use of PACs it is being used to stay the course of status quo.

It may be time that folks with conservation/rec interests start telling their reps on the MFC that they will oppose any future extension of their appointments if they don't see a change in their actions. As we know, with whom to fill the seats is shopped around to various groups before any decision is made.

Edited by todobien - 20 November 2018 at 9:08am
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 10:10am
Bakesta! You are merely feeling the hollow ache of having supported a thing that turned out to be a mockery of what you thought you were supporting. Your willingness to vote for this rectal rinse bag if he straightens up pegs you as a future dupe to these same tricks and the certainty of the resource's defeat lay in your words, because, if you are a supposed gimlet-eyed pessimist(of the supposedly left of center pessimists)you are giving these people support by even voting for any of them until they actually act in such a way to warrant it. The real stupidity is that you and millions of others think your battle is right vs left, which is a horse hockey game thought up by the two pos parties because they want you to think it is a civic responsibility to engage in that (non)debate. The fact is, there's a whole lot of conservatives and liberals, however stupidly they buy into those moronic designations, who are actually on the same page with you, and the factional rhetoric only serves to deny you, and us, the opportunity to politically punish these weasels(this governor)by denying them the power to control our minds and resources. The way to do that is to withdraw all support from the rigged bull dance, and make your mark upon the other supposedly like minded left of centers you hope would fall in line with your way of thinking. But they aren't any damn smarter than the next fill in the blank political supporter, because that paradigm IS the rape machine the state structure has become. To suggest party affiliation could possibly affect change in this miasma of inbreeding sluts on both "sides" is the antithesis of learning from one's mistakes. Otherwise, I'm sure we agree on the huge bulk of what ails this estuary, but don't think that hand wringing over party affiliation is ever going to really bring understanding to a dying biomass being chewed by the people you promise to vote for if they fundamentally change who and what they are.

Edited by cnaff - 20 November 2018 at 10:12am
V/H Dog
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 11:08am
I lean slightly right but swore i’d Vote for Cooper next time if he made good on promises as to marine resources. Not now.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 11:28am
I hear your dissatisfaction!

The QUESTION is DOES THE GOVERNOR?

Either you're actively engaged trying to make a difference or you're just ballyhooing on the internet.  Which is it? Wink

You should be sending an email politely explaining your concerns to:

Edited by Rick - 20 November 2018 at 11:45am
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 3:08pm
Or do we send our dissatisfaction and a check to move NC forward?
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 5:51pm
I'm so disenchanted with the long hot process, that ignorance of these actors is therapy for my soul. I live outside the paradigm of any possible therapy for the resource from the dwellers at @nc.gov. That said, I am not unreachable, just confident within this pessimistic view. But you suggest Stephen Bryant as a contact. Why? Who is he? Is he affiliated with a party? Does he want what I've got to say? I doubt it. But I have an open mind if he is somehow not a political operative. As well, I don't consider my concerns to be polite at all. How does one address the slough of pigs in a polite manner, when the message would be to stop being pigs. Convince me this guy has the wherewithal and the gitupandgo to make it worthwhile to send the plea for uncorrupted fish management. Who is Stephen Bryant?
V/H Dog
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 7:10pm
Press Release on January 10th, 2017

Gov. Roy Cooper announced more staff hires on Tuesday, filling out his senior staff with longtime aides whose state government experience dates back to the Hunt administration, and expanding his communications office.

Jenni Owen will be the governor’s policy director. She has been the director of policy engagement at the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University. Previously, Owen was a senior policy adviser in Gov. Jim Hunt’s office and with the state Division of Social Services.

Stephen Bryant and Julia White, both longtime aides to Cooper in the state Department of Justice, were named deputy chiefs of staff. Bryant was also executive assistant to Hunt and ran Cooper’s 2008 campaign for attorney general. White worked for the state Senate before working on Cooper’s 2000 campaign.

White will be responsible for policy, communications and budget. Bryant will supervise intergovernmental issues, appointments — including boards and commissions — and constituent services.

fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 11:01am

Either you're actively engaged trying to make a difference or you're just ballyhooing on the internet.  Which is it? Wink

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style='margin: 0px; color: black; font-family: "Verdana",sans-serif; font-size: 9pt;'><a>Stephen.bryant@nc.gov</a></span>

<p style="margin: 0px;"><span style='margin: 0px; color: black; font-family: "Verdana",sans-serif; font-size: 9pt;'>
</span>

<p style="margin: 0px;">

[/QUOTE]

Edited by kshivar - 21 November 2018 at 11:03am
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 11:06am
I wrote Bryant and have gotten no reply. In their arrogance they don’t care what we want or think. They just want re-election. Let’s do our part to make this good for nothing governor a one term waste of our time.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 11:31am
Dear Stephen Bryant, thank you for attending the governor's appointments to the MFC with reason and acumen! In your single minded attention, I detect a thrust toward allowing the continued degradation of our estuarine resources by unchecked use of unattended gill nets on all species of fish, including supposedly non targeted species which likewise enjoy specific targeting, such as stocked striped bass in the CSMA, speckled trout systemwide, and of course red drum. The incidence of gray trout in the system is particularly precarious, but I know you can assure us the ones that remain are likely to flow out to us in the fishhouse boxes, too. I'm also appreciative of how you steadfastly husband the nursery bottom in the great Pamlico complex, encouraging the oceanic draggers to maintain position with crew for the northeast scallop fishery by crushing benthic creatures and plants with two hundred feet of head rope each, as they also crush the ex-vessel price for small boat fisherman who might be solvent if your team had forgotten to let the big draggers in, too, at all costs. As well, it's not as if I expect you to consider those aforementioned gray trout which used to reside as juveniles in those same waters with the croakers and spot, too, because shrimp are evidently most pleasing to city people all over, and I'm sure gray trout, croaker and spot lost their panache long ago where the sublime connoisseur such as yourself and the governor reside. Again, it is with a satisfied aire that I tell you good show on the maintenance of a collapsed southern flounder fishery by enabling considerable increase in the killing and selling of what broodstock remains, while a dimmer light may have guessed that some upstart bunch of greeners could have been so dispassionately smug as to think that a tiny respite from rapacity in our waters might help out all those various n'er-do-wells who angled or fished for profit before your master plan to enrich the Canadians and see Mikey Daniel's prognostication for the distribution of fish to the people come true. One thing stands out as for sure-you guys sure as heck aren't greeners! You are doing one rousing good job, by all these measures and more.[URL= ][/URL]
V/H Dog
marker39 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marker39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

I have sent letters and emails and have served in the process on multiple advisory committees over the course of a couple of decades, not to mention the web sites and activism  I have been involved in during the past 30 years.

But,,,,,, I just did it one more time......

And to what avail......

The process is broken.

My son thinks catching a couple of 17"  trout is a good day.

My two beautiful grandchildren probably won't even see that success in their lifetime.

I'll let you know if I hear back from the gov.

But I highly doubt it.

We all got snookered for a vote.

BW #2
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 8:32pm
At this point, I tend to agree. If we give up trying, we're just ballyhooing on the Internet.

Edited by Rick - 26 November 2018 at 8:32pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:00am
Booballyhooe on the Internet happens to be the mode by which we communicate to each other our thoughts on the larger world. Relating as an interested group allows us to compare notes and receive information that we can take at face, or carry further afield. Frustration with our booballyhooe government is real and stems from the recalcitrance of our so-called leaders' to effectively represent our interests in the state, which they not only fail at, but arguably relish in denying the citizens at large their propers, and even more, double up in their effort to give the whole enchilada to a bunch of crybaby millionaires who now emanate from foreign countries and still use their local pawns to incite and commit vandalism and intimidation wherever citizens have the temerity to claim what is due them. When does throwing one's words down a black hole, in the territory of the enemy(that is, our decidedly evil governor and his like minded system of political operators in the ga),become just that? My guess is at least 29 years ago, which predates my conscious ascendency to muster the words which might have swayed the thuggish and barnacled system back when it was productive to do so? Looks to me that we have only this kind of forum in which to describe both our wishes and our frustration, but to blame the beaten for the absolute corruption of our beaters misses the purpose of this board. The fact that you keep us apprised of the things you post, provides an expose' we use to understand this corrupted system, but nothing we find gives hope for change in that system, because it seems thoroughly and completely bereft of the possibility to do anything good for its subjects, but consistently holds us in thrall to its controllers who seem to be pulling the strings from hidden places, and Canada. We have also been repeatedly told that movers and shakers watch this forum. Does that make us dim bulbs for using the board to sound off?

Edited by cnaff - 27 November 2018 at 10:03am
V/H Dog
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by cnaff cnaff wrote:

We have also been repeatedly told that movers and shakers watch this forum. Does that make us dim bulbs for using the board to sound off?

Doesn't sound like you've given up trying.

In regards to the Southern Flounder Supplement in 2015, under public comment, there where-

986 emails written
260 letters mailed
3,976 petition signatures
-------
5,222 public comments in writing

How many people filled the rooms to speak?

That tremendous show of public involvement supporting positive change to our fisheries was driven by the dissemination of information on forums like this.

Can we generate that public response today?  I don't think so.

The "system" (the buzz word today for Delay) failed the public and the resource.

We must re-engage the public.  Let's make that happen sooner rather than later.

Just the voters interested in Southern flounder and the Governor's promises could have determined the 2016 election.  

Edited by Rick - 03 December 2018 at 12:01pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 1:13pm
Rick,
Given that the latest peer reviewed flounder assessment is worse than before, perhaps that might be motivation to get folks to reengage.  Certainly the prior effort worked at the MFC level.  One of the few times it has.
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by chriselk chriselk wrote:

Rick,
Given that the latest peer reviewed flounder assessment is worse than before, perhaps that might be motivation to get folks to reengage.  Certainly the prior effort worked at the MFC level.  One of the few times it has.

Absolutely it worked at the MFC level...but then the "system" that everyone worked so hard under failed the process. 

I do hope people re-engage- the Trawl Petition and Southern Flounder need that support.

Edited by Rick - 27 November 2018 at 1:47pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 3:32pm
What is the current status of the trawl petition? It has been almost two years correct?
BrackishWater View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrackishWater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 5:52pm
I will be attending the Southern Flounder FMP AC meeting in Washington tomorrow night. We need to stay on this "process" if DMF really expects us to trust it.
A rising tide lifts all boats...
marker39 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marker39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 8:06pm
Never heard from Mr. Bryant or the guv......

But, I guess they expect us to continue to be the lemmings in the process.

Or better yet, the arctic male penguin silently and steadfastly holding  the egg between his  feet hoping relief will come soon......

BW #2
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 9:53pm
Have not had a reply from either. Same ol
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 10:26am
Arctic penguins are in such short supply, they've never been discovered yet! Sounds like conservation in NC. Or politicians of North Carolina who support fisheries conservation. Or a commercial fishing waterfront in NC that gives a crap about conserving its actual heritage, of fish. Or a population of coastal NC voters who vote to protect devasted fish resources in their own back yards. Or NCDMF enforcers who enforce laws against poaching of fish resources by commercial fishermen who masquerade as charter netters and send their poaching clients home with poached nets full of speckled trout which were targeted as a bycatch only species because they were poaching. Or like an MFC meeting where the commercial side accepts any responsibility to conserve depleted fish stocks which might ensure their survival as a demographic past 2025. Or a fish house magnate who places the interests of the resource ahead of his own bank account. Or a coastal NC news organ that reports on conservation of fish in such a manner that would suggest conservation of those fish is not a direct attack on the sustainability of the "fishing community". These are "species" which do not exist.
V/H Dog
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by kshivar kshivar wrote:

I wrote Bryant and have gotten no reply. In their arrogance they don’t care what we want or think. They just want re-election. Let’s do our part to make this good for nothing governor a one term waste of our time.
I wrote him again and he did reply. He told me what a great job they were doing and that it “has only been two years.” I told him I disagreed about them doing a good Job. The new Director has clearly aligned himself with commercial interests, we continue put and take on stripers and trawling is killing the important nursery in Pamlico Sound. I have not had a response to that. Pondering a class action lawsuit against DEQ and DMF. Suing commercial fishermen more problematic and not sure of a cause of action. Sue the State and settlement is almost guaranteed for a couple of reasons.
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 1:37pm
BRACKISH how was flounder meeting
BrackishWater View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrackishWater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 2:41pm
As you would expect the commercial reps had a coordinated effort to try to discredit the science. Bradley Styron pushed for a three year electronic tagging study. Joe Romano tried to get them to move the threshold and target lines. To their credit, lead biologist Mike Loeffler and AC chair Fred Scharf stuck to their guns. “Must do something to reduce mortality “ = “reduce harvest”.

The problem is the timeline for “the process” would mean February 2020 before any management changes take effect. Dr. Scharf is pushing for faster action but there is little he can do to change the timeline. There are few voices speaking up for the resource on the AC. Thankfully we have Tom Roller and Mike Oppegaard at the table but they will have few allies.
A rising tide lifts all boats...
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 3:29pm
I'm sure Bradley's proposed "study" will be paid for and led by a commercial industry work group- de ja vu the delaying action during the last Shrimp FMP...the by-catch reduction study.

Applause for Scharf, maybe Buckel and Fodrie will take note.

Edited by Rick - 01 December 2018 at 3:30pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 10:42am
I just had a copy of a nice reply from Bryant forwarded to me by a guy that wrote a good letter.  Maybe some of you will be getting replies also.

Below is a screen shot of a motion made at the Nov 2018 MFC meeting.  It is a perfect example of why we must be communicating with the Governor's office.

A successful vote for the resource is tenuous at best now.  The Governor needs to send a clear message to his recent appointees-

Hendrickson voted with the commercials on both votes.  Bizzell was the swing vote on both motions.

I'll be the first to admit- The optics on the Governor concerning fisheries reform have certainly done close to a 180 since he issued his marine fisheries policy paper and made his Jan-18 appointments to the MFC.

Let's look at Doug Cross the recent MFC appointment to the Commercial Industry seat-

Cross comes out of the commercial fishing mold that we hoped was broken when Gov. Cooper was elected.

When Deny, Defend, Deflect, Delay isn't working- Cross doesn't mind Intimidation and outright lies.

Some of you may remember Cross' personal attack on me in an op-ed that he did for the Pamlico County Compass.

If it was up to Doug Cross-  We'd be managing weakfish as a Global stock...talk about Denial or Lies, which is it?

The truth is that weakfish are a GLOBAL species.  Found all over the world and especially fished for in South America.  Directed fishing has not occurred in NC for many years ever since the fly net ban closed the fishery and gave it the “end all of solutions for weakfish” as so pushed for by the CCA and indeed individuals such as Mr. Sasser.

Weakfish have so many factors affecting their numbers that a small area, such as Pamlico Sound, has so little effect, that it can’t even be quantified as a percentage problem.  State’s data show that our numbers are the same (if not better than surrounding states) that do not have inshore fisheries.

The Governor could and should have done better than Doug Cross.  

What happened to the Governor's promise-

As Governor, Roy Cooper will put in place agency managers and Marine Fisheries Commission members who will make decisions in accordance with the best scientific evidence available and conservative principles to enhance the resource. 

Please, write those letters.

Edited by Rick - 03 December 2018 at 11:10am
fiogf49gjkf0d
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 12:22pm
Cross and his father were financial supporters of the guv.

chasintrout View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasintrout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 8:37pm
Why not keep out of state boats out of Pamlico Sound. That would be a good place to start
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by chasintrout chasintrout wrote:

Why not keep out of state boats out of Pamlico Sound. That would be a good place to start

That would be part of a good start...not happening if the commercial movers and shakers keep having their way.

The more the merrier. The bigger the vessel, the bigber the catch. $2 shrimp dockside means more profit for the few dealers controlling NC fisheries. Out of state boats at your fish house dock locks in that volume to help hold down the price for locals. Lower price dockside means less "$hare" for the crew of your company owned boats.

Edited by Rick - 03 December 2018 at 10:08pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic