FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiped Bass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ugly Boat View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ugly Boat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiped Bass
    Posted: 01 November 2018 at 5:18pm
The regulations are so complicated now I want to make sure I am understanding them correctly. If I am understanding the regs - the change for 26"+ fish is only for the section of the Pungo north of the 264 bridge.

Does this mean it is still 18" - 22" with a limit of two and 1 of which can be over 27" everywhere else in the Pungo and Pamlico??? Or did that change too?

I wanted to go fishing this weekend without my lawyer....     
220 Bay Scout 200 Yamaha
plugneck View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plugneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2018 at 8:27pm
It covers all inland waters of the central-southern striped bass management area. Here is a link to ncwrc.
 https://www.ncwildlife.org/News/new-striped-bass-size-limit-in-inland-waters-of-the-tar-neuse-and-pungo-rivers

Here is a link to maps of designated coastal, joint, and inland waters.
http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/coastal-joint-inland-waters
vtbluegrass View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtbluegrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2018 at 8:46am
In the Pungo River it will also include basically all tributaries with the exception of Slades and Fortescue which are considered coastal waters in their entirety.

There is a lot of water that is designated as inland that is mostly fished for saltwater species which can add to confusion so take a good look at the maps that plugneck linked above.
Ugly Boat View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ugly Boat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 1:13pm
Thanks, y'all. This clarifies it a little better for me from DMF - http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/recreational-fishing-striped-bass-information
I'm glad they're trying to give them a chance to spawn.
220 Bay Scout 200 Yamaha
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 2:33pm
Or to be larger when they encounter "cryptic mortality"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic