FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constitutional Amendment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Get Bowed Up View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Bowed Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 9:47pm
I'm not attacking any organization nor it's members. Last I heard they were seeking legal opinion, but then was told against but hadn't seen anything. I've defended organizations choice to NOT take a position, I understand the reasonings why. But, many people look for informative advise from those in the know.

Rick, I'm finding your leg work being very informative.
Redfisher View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by marker39 marker39 wrote:

Funny thing is there was a push many years ago to get a gill net ban on the ballot.

A famous poster here pooped all over it because of  his "mob rule" objection.

Haven't heard any objections over this crap.

Can you imagine an amendment that protects traditional commercial methods???

Hopefully I'll be retiring soon and I'll promise you I'll be moving a little south.

BW #2

Amen, Bobby.  
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2018 at 11:19am
The concept that an amendment can solve any of our fishery abuses is a non-starter. Our state power base won't allow us to do anything positive to conserve the resource, and they will not ever change. GBU used his aloof allusions to open mindedness to conservation as his raison d'etre here, yet his position is hidden, despite repeated, specific queries by Rick to reveal just what GBU thinks. The truth lay somewhere in the ducks we see and hear; tinpots push the state fishery bureau to do their bidding. State industry organizations push the bureaucrats to do their bidding, reinforced by the inside line they have to the tinpots. Teams of biologists that joined up to conserve fish for THEIR kid's kids are forced to support a regime of plunder and obfuscation, where debate becomes anathema to the histrionic need of the fisheries triumvirate to maintain status quo, and things like threats, intimidation and destruction of property become the coin of that realm, where debate and intelligent designs of people of equanimity, who want a well rounded estuarine biomass, that would benefit small time fishermen and anglers, are not only ignored, but vilified. GBU is indistinguishable from DE in terms of helpful input. I admit I'm not as helpful as I am pissed.
V/H Dog
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 10:39am
A true disappointment... Too many read the title and not the words of the amendment.  And many friends in the Greensboro/Charlotte area dismissed my concerns about commercial salt water fishing because they don't go fishing at the coast, but do go hunting with dogs and want to ensure that stays legal.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic