FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chuck.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2018 at 10:43pm
The marine fisheries reform needed in North Carolina will not come from ACs.

The votes for reform are supposedly on the MFC right now.   But they have not voted.  If they are now going to claim that they are waiting for advice from an AC, then they are just stalling.  

There are very BLATANT issues that need to be addressed immediately.  JUST DO IT ALREADY. 

Or tell us once again why we need to wait for............  the next meeting - the short session - the election - the DMF - the long session - the FMP - the new appointments - the solar eclipse - the monkey to fly out of my butt ..........................

Do it.

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
Get Bowed Up View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Bowed Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 8:11am
Originally posted by jtoler jtoler wrote:

Originally posted by Get Bowed Up Get Bowed Up wrote:

No problem at on timing of reply. Please don't think my thought is founded in the belief the MFC should be mandated to adopt AC's suggestions. But, as the chair disclosed, he use to have several applications on file, now he has very few. That's a real problem.

I believe the resource, users, and industry all benefit from an educated and involved public.

Until those educated and involved members of the public fall victim to the criminal retaliations and/or publicized threats on their life, home, pets, and personal property. The commercial fishing industry players have been allowed to do what they do for so long with so little consequence, they truly believe that they are entitled to have whatever they want, no matter what it does to the resource or the environment.

Are you saying you or someone you know were victim's of these actions and law enforcement/judge wouldn't do anything bc they people were commercial??? S

jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:31am
I am saying that the described behavior is commonplace and reality. Slashed tires at boat ramps, on the water incidents that come very close to causing the loss of life, threats of property damage and/or loss of life if evidence of illegal activity is made public. Much like "bycatch" drum and striper being taken, packed, and shipped under the cover of darkness, the above mentioned incidents take place in the same manner. It's nothing more than a report; if that, made to a local law enforcement officer after the incident has occured. Then it's high fives and "atta boy" congratulatory pats on the back to the offender.  

Now let's get to the law enforcement/judge criminal investigation and conviction business. 
Cue the crickets. 

Are you applying to be on an AC? 

Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 11:06am
GetBowedUp

Billy...I don't believe you've replied to my post below.  For someone that has strong "broad" opinions...why don't drill-in on some specifics by addressing the following-

Originally posted by Rick Rick wrote:

If you truly believe in something, you should be willing you put your name on it.

So...Billy, as a person who lobbied hard to get the recreational industry seat that went to Cameron Boltes and one obviously interested in "fisheries issues" that doesn't mind sharing his opinion, I would be interested to know your detailed thoughts on-

1- Inshore shrimp trawling
2- The large mesh southern flounder gillnet fishery
3- Expanding pound net southern flounder fishery
4- Expanding water column leases north of Core Sound
5- Zero reported annual landings on close to 60% of all active SCFL/RSCFL
6- The CSMA Striped Bass Fishery
7- Allowing non-resident commercial fishermen to do in NC waters what they can't do in their home state

Edited by Rick - 03 September 2018 at 11:07am
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Bowed Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 11:36am

I am saying that the described behavior is commonplace and reality. Slashed tires at boat ramps, on the water incidents that come very close to causing the loss of life, threats of property damage and/or loss of life if evidence of illegal activity is made public. Much like "bycatch" drum and striper being taken, packed, and shipped under the cover of darkness, the above mentioned incidents take place in the same manner. It's nothing more than a report; if that, made to a local law enforcement officer after the incident has occured. Then it's high fives and "atta boy" congratulatory pats on the back to the offender.  

Now let's get to the law enforcement/judge criminal investigation and conviction business. 
Cue the crickets. 

I believe I will and have encouraged many others to do so as well. I'm on two AP's at the fed level but one is being removed due to removing cobia to the AS.
FLOUDERMN View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLOUDERMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 11:57am

Cue the crickets. 

Oh horse hockey,has any of the mess you speak of happened to you or are you just repeating what others have told you?Funny thing thats not happening up this way and everyone knows Dare County has all the bad apples so ya'll say anyway!!

Edited by FLOUDERMN - 03 September 2018 at 11:58am
18 PRIVATEER 26ft Willis Harkers Island 27ft Broadwater                 commercial fishing support it or import it
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:13pm
Bad apples everywhere flounder and documented. Tires slashed boat lifts vandalized nails in driveways. Threats on phones and in person. Sad
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Bowed Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:25pm
Dear "Rick", I must give you credit for taking as long as you did to once again copy and paste your comment where you wrongly accuse me of doing something I did not do. For the record that was the bases for my comment, and ask you either edit the comment or stop reposting.

Again, if your going to name someone by name and accuse them of something on a highly view website, I believe the accused should know who is making the accusation & the accuser should be willing to put their own name on the line. However the rules of this site do not require such and I'll just have to accept that.

I do hope you had a great weekend and maybe we can meet (again?) At the November MFC meeting where I will be happily sitting in the designated public seating area. ;)
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 1:38pm

you wrongly accuse me of doing something I did not do. For the record that was the bases for my comment, and ask you either edit the comment or stop reposting.

Billy- I've asked you this before for which you failed to respond.  Are you denying that you filed an application to be considered for the Recreational Industry Seat on the commission?  Are you denying that you actively sought that position?  Did others seek that position for you on your behalf?

Edited by Rick - 03 September 2018 at 2:18pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by FLOUDERMN FLOUDERMN wrote:

Cue the crickets. 

Oh horse hockey,has any of the mess you speak of happened to you or are you just repeating what others have told you?Funny thing thats not happening up this way and everyone knows Dare County has all the bad apples so ya'll say anyway!!

How I wish none of it were true floundermn. I'll give you one to ponder. Myself and a friend attended the big meeting in New Bern regarding nursery areas in estuarine waters. As we were walking up to the door to enter the convention center, there were people congregating adjacent to the entrance. Those people were handing out stickers for folks to wear. The sticker indicated that the person wearing the sticker supported shrimp trawling as it is and desired no changes. We both declined the sticker. At a break in the meeting, my friend got up to go to the restroom. If you have ever been in the ladies room when it is crowded you know that there is a lot of chatter, observations, and displays of true character; women are not always sugar, spice, and everything nice. During this simple trip to the restroom, my friend was called the "B" word by another woman who was wearing a sticker and noticed my friend was not. 
Classy, don't you think.
Jill
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 8:48pm
Personally, I will be glad when the "user conflict" method of fisheries management is laid to rest and the "for the good of the resource" method is employed. 
Every person who fishes either commercially or recreationally should have more than a few questions for the DMF, MFC, each AC, and the legislators who suddenly have an interest in fisheries management. Why aren't our state managed fish in better shape? What is each of those entities doing to restore the stocks? Who is against restoring the stocks and why? At this point, there should be so much data that identifies the problem, and if our state agency can't suggest a solution, well, maybe we should find someone who will help. Does anyone actually believe that DMF staff don't know how bad it is? More importantly, why haven't they done their best to correct it? 
The whole thing reminds me of a little kid who doesn't want to eat what's on the supper plate. Just push it around the plate and hide it under the mashed potatoes. It's time to clean the plate y'all!
Jill
FLOUDERMN View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLOUDERMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by TomM TomM wrote:

Bad apples everywhere flounder and documented. Tires slashed boat lifts vandalized nails in driveways. Threats on phones and in person. Sad
Funny thing is we have just as many Recs and Comms putting over at ramps here and none of this happens here like ya'll claim now Duck season is a diffirent story!I think you boys and girls like to speak of what you have heard about happening not knowing if it truth or not but since a Commercial Fisherman was mentioned ya'll run with the BS spreading horse hockey.Just like every other story by the time it reaches the 4th and 5th person only about 15% of the story is correct!!
18 PRIVATEER 26ft Willis Harkers Island 27ft Broadwater                 commercial fishing support it or import it
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get Bowed Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:30pm
"Rick", I've addressed what parts of your statements are false, if you wish, your more than welcome to message, email, or call me as as I told so few of my applications it appears you maybe aware of something I am not. Unless you have other motives for your repeated attempts to seemingly "out" and or discredit me? Either way, it's a side show to the real issues.

Thanks
FLOUDERMN View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLOUDERMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by FLOUDERMN FLOUDERMN wrote:

Cue the crickets. 

How I wish none of it were true floundermn. I'll give you one to ponder. Myself and a friend attended the big meeting in New Bern regarding nursery areas in estuarine waters. As we were walking up to the door to enter the convention center, there were people congregating adjacent to the entrance. Those people were handing out stickers for folks to wear. The sticker indicated that the person wearing the sticker supported shrimp trawling as it is and desired no changes. We both declined the sticker. At a break in the meeting, my friend got up to go to the restroom. If you have ever been in the ladies room when it is crowded you know that there is a lot of chatter, observations, and displays of true character; women are not always sugar, spice, and everything nice. During this simple trip to the restroom, my friend was called the "B" word by another woman who was wearing a sticker and noticed my friend was not. 
Classy, don't you think.
Did you see it or hear it yourself???No you didn't your friend could be telling little fibbs the old saying comes true believe nothing you hear and half what you see and trust no one!!Wink
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 10:58pm
No, no floundermn, I made her swear it on a stack of bibles. Wink
Jill
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Ray Brown Ray Brown wrote:

Bakesta….the MFC can not change FRA '97. Until that is changed the system is what it is so you can either be part of it, barnacle about it, ignore it, or whatever.

For anyone out there who wishes to volunteer and I know some have since the earlier post this morning. Please go to the link below and at the bottom of the page you can print out a Word or PDF application and where to send it is explained.   You can ask for a specific committee or simply say you'll help where needed. Shrimp is coming up I'm sure and others will be too as well as replacements for others as people drop out.

You are reimbursed for mileage and meals in certain circumstances so the only thing this will cost you is your time. If you aren't willing to give up one night a month as an Advisor then I honestly do question how sincere you are in wishing reform to occur unless you have a physical or business reason that precludes you from driving at night.

Application info for MFC advisor
   My app is in. i hope to be chosen
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 1:26pm
Good for you and good luck on being chosen.
Shrimp trawling never stops in Pamlico Sound. It just pauses on the weekend so crabs can remove the dead and dying from the battlefield.
francoind View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francoind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2018 at 2:52pm
I have been vandalized on the water but as soon as they realized "Mr. Ruger" was my lawyer, they backed off. Has happened twice, but not for a long time. Nobody wants to attack a crazy man.

fiogf49gjkf0d
A FISHIN ROD and a BROKEN HEART
BrackishWater View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrackishWater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 10:11am
I put out a little weekly e-newsletter I call Carolina Tidelines that goes out to over 100,000 email addresses. I can give you plenty of examples of threats and intimidation Flounderman. This is just the latest example:

Thu 8/30/2018 12:12 AM
awh6045@gmail.com
Re: Carolina TIDELINES (‎8/29/2018)

You are a loser, do the world a favor and Kill yourself 

Sent from my iPhone

Thu 8/30/2018 12:18 AM
awh6045@gmail.com
Re: Carolina TIDELINES (‎8/29/2018)

Gosh I have so much more to say but do ME a favor and commit suicide  

Sent from my iPhone

I have no illusions that everyone agrees with everything I write, but this is the type of discourse I receive from commercial supporters.

A rising tide lifts all boats...
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 9:39am
Interesting tactic that the antagonist uses. It's quite a bit like the promise of Caligula used often in Robert Graves's work about Caesar Augustus's family in administering Rome. But the implication was much bigger than, "...go kill yourself!" You see, the emperor made his "suggestion"fast with the promise that praetorian guards would follow you home to make sure you completed the deed. That is absolutely the implication here, that the antagonist will assuredly continue with his program, all others be damned. And the program is supported by the state, just in case you don't disappear by your own hand...... Which brings up the idea that AC participants are allowed to know that they can always just go away, and since they face the thinly veiled wrath of a shadow organization backed by the power of the state, fade away they evidently always do. That, my friends, is corruption writ deep in the fabric of our society, and it cries out for sunshine and fresh air. Let''s have some suggestions for staffing these positions. I nominate Nancy Fish for the commander of the praetorian guard. But that job floats well according to the situation, so, certainly the well formed enunciation of the MFC chairs has been in this spirit as well. Ol' scienops used his semi-anonymous ID here to threaten me over joint enforcement, and Corbett the Just seemed to have that in him, any flies off that wall still flitting around?
V/H Dog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic