FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting #7 coming up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meeting #7 coming up
    Posted: 30 June 2018 at 11:40am
I can't wait until tomorrow's announcement of the new MFC members. We are finally going to see some change!!  Now please excuse me while I go searching for a promised nickelWink

6 out of 16 MFC meetings have now passed for the current administration and nothing has changed so it's now time to #$%& or get off the pot.

Or do we need to wait until after the long session..................LOL
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 7:51pm
It could get much worse. If amendment passes in fall then legislature could make all the appointments. Everywhere.
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 9:57pm
Tom... you are exactly right and most people only think it is about judges.
Shrimp trawling never stops in Pamlico Sound. It just pauses on the weekend so crabs can remove the dead and dying from the battlefield.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 10:30pm
Lord Acton "power corrupts- absolute power corrupts absolutely"
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 9:03am
The appointments were due on the 1st and the next meeting is August 15.

So once again, we are waiting.............

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 9:26am
I wish Cooper would focus on this instead of trying to block things like the voter ID bill.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 9:46am
Cooper’s worried about not being re-elected if he makes the wrong appointment.
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 10:28am
Cooper will make the appointments in plenty of time for the August meeting.

Who he will appoint remains a mystery as it should be I guess.   Until proven otherwise I still think he will build an MFC that if they choose to flex their muscle can fulfill his white paper.

If they are afraid to use their muscle because someone might object and Heaven forbid that the motion and second may not pass, or because their decision may cause a lawsuit by someone who doesn't want change, then the fault lies either in Cooper for making a weak appointment or in the MFC for the decision they collectively and individually failed to make.

The striper issue in the CMA has been known for several years and the MFC has never made an official motion to clean it up and yet somehow the blame has fallen elsewhere.   At least the MFC can take themselves out of the potential guilty if they officially try to correct things, but they haven't as of yet.
Shrimp trawling never stops in Pamlico Sound. It just pauses on the weekend so crabs can remove the dead and dying from the battlefield.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 10:36am
I hereby volunteer to serve on MFC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic