FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tred Barta- NC Fisheries Association

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tred Barta- NC Fisheries Association
    Posted: 20 June 2018 at 3:42pm

Y'all may remember we had a good thread on this site after Jerry (NCFA) hired Barta to write for Tradewinds.  There was discussion of whether the recreational community would continue to support the Boys and Girls Club Tournament given Barta's ties to the NC Fisheries Association.

That thread has either been removed or rolled off...it is possible my search skills are lacking.

It seems Barta is no longer involved with the tournament.

Where I had a problem is you can't have a tournament supporting "the kids" and "sustainable fisheries" while being on the payroll at the NC Fisheries Association. Ain't happening. Kind of reminds me of the "recreational" tournament that the NCFA tried to throw last year.

I was looking at Barta's Facebook page and saw this pic...wow...I remember those fish.  You could catch them under the Oregon Inlet bridge.  The bridge tunnel was the most consistent spot.

Until we stop killing our juveniles in the shrimp trawl fishery, we will continue to have truncated age classes and never rebuild the weakfish stock.

If Barta ever wants to see gray trout (weakfish to you Yankees) again like these, he better get off Jerry's payroll and start fighting to end the highly unsustainable fishery of inshore shrimp trawling in the Pamlico Sound-

Edited by Rick - 20 June 2018 at 3:45pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 4:34pm
Oregon inlet live spot. Way back of Hatteras inlet where it dropped to 15-20 feet thanks to old guy Capt Albert. Best at bay for me(Capt Jack) ways under low rise on buck tails at night till word got out. My kids loved cape channel behind Frisco Also bay and oyster where you jig for mile and not lose the school. Gone now but good memories.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2019 at 9:06am

For those interested-  Barta died this week.

From his FB page-

“This is Travis H. Brown, the admin and agent of Capt. Tred Barta’s Facebook account. Many are now learning about his passing in an automotive accident in Canada. Until we have further details to share as directed from his family, we are not commenting further.”
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic