FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She's a better caller than me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
weekender View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She's a better caller than me
    Posted: 15 April 2018 at 11:51am
My wife had done her scouting and picked a good spot for opening morning. Yesterday evening we watched from a distance as 3 long beards paraded by her planned set just before dark.
 She snuck in and was set up before first light. She said the gobblers were sounding off 30 minutes before sunrise but had covered some ground before flying up to roost the evening before.
 She had near constant gobbling from several birds from 6:15 AM till 8:45 when 19 lb. 9" bearded gobbler mistook her homemade wing bone clucks for a willing hen. She was hunting a food plot we had started last year after a ton of work to prepare new ground for planting. She worked the bird up to about 30 yards and put load of #6 to his noggin.
 The gobbler came into the plot close to the first power pole, crossed the plot strutting, then worked up the right edge. She said he would strut, the take a few steps forward, then repeat.

mak'n do
Bite Me 05 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bite Me 05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 6:38pm
Pretty bird!!  
fiogf49gjkf0d
Support your local hooker
clt_capt View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clt_capt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2018 at 8:38pm
Nice shootin Ms Kay
FishCommander View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 9:16am
Congratulations! Nice Tom !!  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic