FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking Outboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking Outboard
    Posted: 07 March 2018 at 12:47am
Well I worked on the old outboard and went with some suggestions from those that replied and with the help of God who kept me qualm and thinking heres what I done that I hoped stopped the problem,I had changed out the VRO pump without stopping the excessive smoke,that did not help,so I went with a name brand oil which was synthetic (Penzoil) I had used Walmart brand oil for years with no problems,but what the hell try a change with no results on the smoke,I used 360 uel additive and others including Seafoam nothing still smoking,I pulled the cover and found some wet spots around some of the hoses mainly fuel hoses,I either cut the ends off which were soft or replaced the hoses,I changed the fuel water seperator and all its hoses from the filter to the motor,I changed the primer ball and that hose as well and for the last few years when I changed the water fuel seperator I had to fill the seperator up with fuel before I could get the ball to pump fuel to the motor to start it and it would stay about half soft,after I put the new ball on I could pump it and fuel would go to motor and the ball would get and stay hard.So last weekend I took boat out of storage topped the old girl up with ethanol free gas and put two cans of Seafoam in it like suggested and changed the plugs,prayed and fired her up,no smoke anywhere except from where it was suppose to be and it was normal,no pee hole smoke and it was a chilly enough day to see it if it came from there,thank God and you guys for the help,hopefully it is good now.
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic