FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

While we wait for new commissioners...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: While we wait for new commissioners...
    Posted: 10 January 2018 at 10:14am
Shrimp trawling never stops in Pamlico Sound. It just pauses on the weekend so crabs can remove the dead and dying from the battlefield.
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 1:27pm
Second part is now up.

More about eel insdustry...

Edited by Ray Brown - 11 January 2018 at 1:28pm
Shrimp trawling never stops in Pamlico Sound. It just pauses on the weekend so crabs can remove the dead and dying from the battlefield.
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:44pm
Wow!

Double wow!!

Triple wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shocked

Great story and she is a great writer.  That really took some digging.

Can't wait for part 3

Does anybody know if the eel farm is up and running?    Or was this all just an excuse to................Wink

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:35pm
Hey look, there is Steinburg again...
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 4:53pm
What is VERY curious to me is the publication that this comes from.

The OBX voice is exceptionally pro-commercial fishing. In fact, they seem to regularly offer stories that almost sound like they were written by a publicist for NCFA. At least it looks that way to me.

So... if the OBX voice is writing about a problem commercial fishing industry... I wonder what NCFA's position is on this eel fishery?
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 4:57pm
Steinberg is everywhere!   I think it is a good article.   It shows how much pressure the legislature puts on the DMF and how in spite of their rhetoric about letting science be the guide, many coastal legislators believe the only guide they need...is themselves!

Steinberg is now running for Bill Cook's Senate seat which includes Dare County. If you know anyone up there who will listen, you may want to tell them about "the white Rosa Parks". (He called himself that in public.)
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 5:46pm
I wonder if Allyn provided contributions to the Steinburger? I imagine if he did it would have been in the article too.

Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 4:29pm
Part three.

New Rules

Edited by Ray Brown - 12 January 2018 at 4:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic