FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spec cold stun/kill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kknudsen View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kknudsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spec cold stun/kill
    Posted: 05 January 2018 at 1:03pm
Has anybody been able to determine the extent of the damage due to the current cold/blizzard on the trout?
The best days to fish are always yesterday and tomorrow.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 3:22pm
tens of thousands floating from the White Oak river to Havelock and New Bern. it's bad  
kknudsen View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kknudsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 4:02pm
I was afraid that would be the case.
The best days to fish are always yesterday and tomorrow.
rkok View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 10:25am
Wanted to checkout the damage myself but was sure the ramps would be to icy.
Rick
Dr. Oc View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Oc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 1:11pm
2 friends of mine are hunting near Whortonsville on Broad Creek.  Report hundreds of keeper sized trout floating or caught in ice.  Very bad in that area
theramrod View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theramrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 3:55pm
How is this possible? I've been reading this and other forums and according to them the trout were all wiped out by nets in Nov and Dec.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 4:53pm
I read this forum daily and never read that. That’s just a wet dream that commercial fishermen have-to kill the last fish.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2018 at 10:20am
You might check this page out.  It looks like the flounder got hit hard also.

fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic