FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Catcraft 18 ft Catamaran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
drumwagon1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumwagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catcraft 18 ft Catamaran
    Posted: 29 October 2017 at 3:56pm
I just purchased a 2004 single engine Catcraft 18ft with a 115 Yamaha. Just wanted to know if anybody here had one of these and what prop pitch are you running.
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 8:08am
Two or four stroke?
I had a 20' G3, which I would assume is lighter than your with a jack plate and had a 115 four stroke and was running a 19 pitch.
I would suggest at least an 18 pitch in a stainless 3 blade prop.
If someone does not respond with an answer, you could get an Alum. Prop to test and then up grade to a SS and keep the Alum. for a spare.
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
drumwagon1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumwagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 7:49pm
I tried a 13x17 stainless 3 blade and it blows out bad.
Mine is a 4 Stroke, I'm running a 4 blade 4x13.75x17 aluminum till I find the right prop and will switch to stainless, wide open throttle is 4800-4900rpm, not enough, but blowout ventilation is much better with the combination I have now but not perfect.
Ventilation on these single cats are tough and tricky to correct. I installed a permatrim and it helped ALOT with ventilation. I contacted powertech props and they are advising me to run a stainless RXB4R14PYM90 hard for me to sink $400 bucks into something to try. Jerry Macon at fort macon marina use to sell these boats back in the day and I spoke with him and he said he never got rid of all the ventilation. I was hoping someone on here maybe had one of these cats or knew someone that had one that had tried different props and got theres tweaked about good as they could.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic