FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's Over

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's Over
    Posted: 07 August 2017 at 12:51pm
boys and girls save yourselves further angst and despair. it's getting worse not better in spite of the efforts of many. it seems as though every action to save the resource has resulted in a more powerful anti-resource reaction by commercials and their friends in government. stop fighting  when they have destroyed the resource such that there is nothing left for them to kill it will begin to recover slowly. I've sold my bay boat. not gonna do it to myself anymore. 
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 2:08pm
We missing something that the general public do not know yet?

jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 2:22pm
I think the next action by the MFC should be to eliminate all fisheries regulations. No commercial regs, no recreational regs, nothing. Everybody can catch, keep, or sell whatever they want. That should take care of the problems. Remember, according to the commercial fishing industry, there were no turtles in nets until there were observers on boats. Seems to me if we don't have to suffer through another waste of time stock assessment, we won't have anything to fight for or feel bad about. 
Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
FishCommander View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 2:56pm
kshivar ...... I don't think so. But I do think it is past time that we put a moratorium on all coastal
                   waters for everybody until it is managed properly. How do we do that? File a law suit
                   against the state of North Carolina. Ouch Thumbs Down
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 3:44pm
Image result for was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 3:47pm
Can someone fill people who are at work and want to know? At least a damn PM or something?
bmac View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:31am
Keep fighting and stand up for what is right. Eventually, right will prevail. Of course the commercial lobby & their political lackeys want to demoralize you so you'll shut up. Don't.
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:33am
I expect he believes a second coming is merely a retread. Don't cast a bank sinker into that wind! It may come back at you.
Some trawl operator will be forced to change in order to reduce bycatch. If you worry about that more than stopping the bycatch then the resource is secondary to you. Recovery has one less advocate.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 11:24am
The past twenty-five years have seen a host of enumerated outrages perpetrated by the state against legitimate users and stakeholders, who include vacationing anglers and their families. The resistance among active fishery reformers on this site, to litigation, has been steadfast and seemingly, to those people, lawsuits are anathema. Handled felicitously, such action could provide BOTH a showcase for the innumerable abuses at state and private hands, but also their collusion together to disenfranchise all other players/stakeholders for the sake of unsustainable over capitalization and monopolization of the resource, all the while compounding the fatality of the sin by the scorched-earth tactic of declaring collapsed fish populations such as southern flounder as viable. Competent lawyering could reposition the onus of verity upon the state, in view of the rampant abuse we have witnessed over the years. Effective attorneys might express these things in a way that sways the legal regime toward a more reasonable approach to these resources, where the fishery becomes something other than merely a spoils system allocated to Canadian industrialists, regional fish houses, and ministered by the hoary, stench-ridden republicans and democrats who maintain the present system. That is, almost any change would be an improvement over the current state of resource collapse and malappropriation under which we labor so assiduously.
V/H Dog
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:11am
A definition of insanity is "repeating the same behavior expecting a different result". That what we have been doing. Unless we change our approach we are doomed along with our fisheries. If a reasonable cause of action could be brought that might bring change or at least attention. I have managed lawsuits for a living for 40 years and it's possible. I will never see another spot run but maybe my grandson will.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:31am
Kshivar, what would it take to have an assessment of the abuses chronicled herein in the light of potential lawsuits? Do the attorneys in this world simply ignore such a possibility and wait passively for the plaintiffs to line up, money in hand, or, are there any lawyers out there who have any connection to these situations who might simply offer suggestions about strategies to bring the state structure of abuse in line with principles of equal protection, etc? I am a contributor in waiting if we have the gravitas to get it going.
V/H Dog
Glacierbaze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierbaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 11:09am
"..........are there any lawyers out there who have any connection to these situations........"

How many lawyers are there in the state legislature?
"You can never elevate your own character by stepping on someone else's."

"Never argue with a man who loves the sound of his own voice."
mattrich21 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattrich21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Glacierbaze Glacierbaze wrote:

"..........are there any lawyers out there who have any connection to these
situations........"

How many lawyers are there in the state legislature?

Not nearly as many as there once was. We are not favored as a species by those in the majority.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 1:41pm
I mean, if the lawyers who angle or enjoy the salt in any way give a crap, and/or have a stake here, why would there be no input from them? I suppose they don't give a crap unless they are on the resource abuse side of this, which qualifies you guy's comment. I will readily admit to being an idiot generally, but I can't understand a whole damn state full of fishing lawyers who just sit by as spectators. What a ridiculous , f'd up situation. Every bit of ridicule and name calling that anyone can conjure might apply to us, the lawyers of nc who fish, the GA, and the entire state government, and the leeches who drive the system. We hardly deserve a Christian burial with the legacy that we are tolerating. I am utterly filled with shame to be one of the helpless m-f-ers who fill our damnable ranks, here in nc.

Edited by cnaff - 09 August 2017 at 9:10pm
V/H Dog
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 10:40am
If there are no other options you eventually have to make a choice. Laughing gulls change plumage in different seasons so maybe this would be a different season.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 9:53am
Yep. If they cram that bird up our ass again, we'll have no choice but simply to laugh. I must lament that while all my own morbid, bleating, disillusioned blather about how damnably worthless and anti-ethical the state and its corollary operators are, especially elected officials and the fish house/big dragger complex(which are inextricably linked to mr. Gasser Saunders, et al), has been correct, I heartily wish that the generally optimistic, pragmatic, and well constructed thoughts of Ray Brown, and the once optimistic outlook of our dear leader, Chuck, had not taken the hard lumps from the disgusting reality that is NC fisheries policy, If their reasoned optimism were reflected in any, even a tiny way, by the state structure, I could relax a bit and know that the potential for reform and logical husbandry of this resource is retained. As it is, if THE GOVERNOR reappoints scienops to lord his godless visage over our fecus stained faces, we'll deserve that damn Yankee Korean bomb right here in nc, where God has forsaken us in our desperate need for something decent to cling to, while heaven spews the sadistic logic of criminally inclined m-o-r-o-n-s upon us as if there is no tomorrow.
V/H Dog
WaterDog View Drop Down
NCW Official Sponsor
NCW Official Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaterDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by todobien todobien wrote:

If there are no other options you eventually have to make a choice. Laughing gulls change plumage in different seasons so maybe this would be a different season.

But regardless of season it's still the same seagull.  Ill believe it when i see it.
Capt. Tom Roller
WaterDog Guide Service
Beaufort/Atlantic Beach, NC
252 728 7907
919 423 6310
boxer dog View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boxer dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 1:30pm
I feel your pain kshiver but I got to keep trying for my grandson.
I have written, called, give MONEY, joined this and that group, pulled boat to Raleigh
for our children and grandchildren. I am like you sick and tired of being lied to,
seeing what is happening to our fish and the future of NC Fish. 
I even written to federal people and they have nothing to do with NC Fish but want 
my vote and money just like the rest. 
The past Director of NCDMF had to be the best person the Commercial interest ever had,
he closed the trout season for recreational and let the netters kill the rest for a DOLLAR during 
a cold stun, kill. Someone said he is on our side now!!! I got some ocean front property in Lenoir County.
I wish I had the answer, money to stop this rape of NC Water until then I will just enjoy every minute
I spend with my grandson on the water. I pray one day he can take his children some where other than an Aquarium to see the fish in NC Waters.

Edited by boxer dog - 11 August 2017 at 2:00pm
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 7:50pm
When I responded to this thread initially I was addressing another person and another position. Little did I know about the most recent rumor.

Sometimes things are too easy and too sad to pass up. Evidently upper management at the DMF is directing traffic again.

Go empty old assets!

Edited by Ray Brown - 11 August 2017 at 7:50pm
Some trawl operator will be forced to change in order to reduce bycatch. If you worry about that more than stopping the bycatch then the resource is secondary to you. Recovery has one less advocate.
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:40pm
Isn't it ironice that DMF employees are under the Dept. of ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic