FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raleigh MFC Meeting Agenda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrbearhunt View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbearhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raleigh MFC Meeting Agenda
    Posted: 31 July 2017 at 5:42pm
I've been looking for the agenda for the Raleigh meeting, has anyone seen it or has it not been released? 
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 8:09am
Its too early. There won't be anything of substance since it is in Raleigh. Meaningful stuff is covered on Outer Banks or in New Bern to make sure they have the home field advantage.
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2017 at 9:58am
An interesting thing will be seeing what Commissioners show up as the terms of 3 of them have expired and I think at least 1 has said he doesn't want to continue. Only time will tell if the Gov will step out on a limb and announce his appointments before the meeting and open himself up to everything that brings.
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 2:02pm
The new members have already been chosen I expect,just waiting for right time to announce,same old caca
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 9:58am
Then, the machinations for stocking that august panel with ringers has long since commenced and no doubt maneuvers proceed apace to assure status quo in keeping conservation and recreationals out of the fiefdom. Fishing on collapsed southern flounder with an expanded net regime, more pounds and gill nets than ever; the WIlliam Burroughs-esque litany of extolling shrimp bounty on the ashes of a decades-trampled nursery;superior minds like Brad who would feed us escherichia coli laden oysters or some such endeavor if they'd only let him move them around first; Canadian maritime industrialists outright taking our HERITAGE from the upright palms of the asinine bloviators we host as representatives for someone else's wet dreams of a society of compliant morons such as ourselves who wring our hands and say uncle with the regularity that milk of magnesia would provide, except this is supposed to be an estuary, not the alimentary canal of NC corruption where whole populations of fish, and huge swathes of rationality go to die.    Coop to the rescue????
V/H Dog
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 11:53am
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 7:01am
Bump.

Starts today at 2:00

Link to live streaming can be found here:

Let's see what happens for the resource.
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by j.willis j.willis wrote:

Let's see what happens for the resource.

From recent history, I am afraid that nothing will happen FOR the resource, but plenty will happen TO the resource. :(
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 3:14pm
Webinar is not available.

Anyone at the meeting to give us a play by play?
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 6:37pm
Citizen's Science facebook page is posting the following on the reported problems with WebEX technical issue:

"Director Davis-

NCWRC's WebEx is not limited to 200ppl and it works well."

https://www.facebook.com/citizensscience/

So what's going on????
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 6:42pm
http://forum.citizensscience.org/index.php/topic,618.msg0.html#new
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 4:34pm
Jan I can't get that to come up. Any news
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 4:56pm
What a strange occurrence for this site to be down at the same time of all this going on...
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 8:00pm
Tom, I wasn't at the mfc meeting and have not heard anything- good or bad. Webinar did not work today either. Was looking forward to hearing any of the issues from Commissioners. 

The link below is Citizen's Science on facebook with the post claiming WebEx was not experiencing any statewide outage (as claimed by DMF) :

TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 8:21pm
DMF claims a lot of things😡 Maybe we will get update Friday.
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 9:05am
For the life of me I cannot figure out why this commission only meets on weekdays and mostly on the coast (heavy sarcasm). 
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Stump1187 Stump1187 wrote:

What a strange occurrence for this site to be down at the same time of all this going on...

I've noticed that in the past.

Wondered about ddos attacks... For a site like this, you could get a bot attack to take it down very cheaply. Probably 80% success rate. It's a simple site.

Not saying that anyone is doing this.... just saying it can be done.
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 12:31pm
Meeting?

What meeting?

.......never happened. .........move along folks. ......nothing to see here......move along

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
mrbearhunt View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbearhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 7:45am
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 8:09am
I don't see a name attributed to the editor of the Beaufort Observer article. Anyone know who it is?
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 9:18am
I will give them a little credit... While they are incredibly biased and parrot the NCFA line, they are allowing comments against their article... then attacking those comments with the weak NCFA line. Funny.
Redfisher View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 11:07am

Let the law of supply and demand solve the problem?  Pure idiocy.

Glacierbaze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierbaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 11:27am
Yes, the editor obviously doesn't understand that law very well, or assumes that his readers won't realize the part that he left out.  When supply is low, and demand is high, price goes up.  Editor implies that it won't be worth fishing on low supply of fish. I guess he doesn't realize how much effort fishermen expend to try to catch one blue fin tuna for market.

His view of S&D also implies that the threshold for profit is the same, or higher, than the threshold for a successful rebound for the breeding stock that is left.

Edited by Glacierbaze - 24 August 2017 at 11:32am
"You can never elevate your own character by stepping on someone else's."

"Never argue with a man who loves the sound of his own voice."
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 8:22pm
Instead of stocking stripers in the Neuse and Tar/Pam, perhaps a better use of funds might be to stock fish in the Cape Fear, where there is a no harvest rule.  Naturally one would use genetic stock from the CF.

I do commend the MFC for their efforts in trying to do some meaningful, substantive measures.  However, right now the intense netting in the Central region will prevent recovery (see newest study by WRC) even if the MFC implemented a moratorium.  

I fully expect the MFC in the next few years to address this issue and greatly appreciate their attention.  We have so much information since the last FMP.  
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 9:14am
Stock them in the Neuse but put them in Falls Lake. SOme will make it downstream through the gates but those that don't will be available to the folks paying for them.

Put the Tar portion into the Cape Fear. Some in Jordan if it will support a larger stocking and the rest into the river.

Edited by todobien - 25 August 2017 at 9:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic