FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BI South Sunday Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BI South Sunday Report
    Posted: 12 June 2017 at 8:35am
Good friend invited my son and his college roommates to fish on Sunday.  I went along to drive the boat. 

We cleared BI about 5:00 with a nice South swell that made going a little rough until it flatten out about twenty miles out.  We pushed South fifty miles toward the warm water and dropped in the lines on a nice rip on a temp break. 

Picked up a couple of slingers, found a little grass and started working it.  Picked up a couple of blackfin and a nice gaffer.  Headed towards what Sirius was showing to be a temp change at the break to the South of the 100 fathom line.  Picked up another rip and weed line giving up a couple more slingers, two gafters and three more blackfins. 

Pushed out hoping to find a billfish, but found no love.  Picked up, ran back in ten miles to a weed line, lost two gaffers at the boat and put one in the box to call it a day.  Biggest gaffer was about twenty-five pounds. 

It was a great day driving the boat while watching my friend help my son and his friends work the baits and fish.  There couldn't have been any better conditions offshore- great company and put a little meat in the box.

Edited by Rick - 12 June 2017 at 8:38am
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
fishing fever View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2017 at 9:04am
Nice we could not not buy a bite where I was . North of the big rock
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic