FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

here's a question!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
willis1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: here's a question!
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:26pm
So I live in Durham and would like to know the most up to date/accurate marine weather around Harkers and Cape Lookout in order to decide when to make the drive down. Obviously want to avoid bad wind/seas, etc.

What forecast or app do you think gives the best idea of forecasted conditions 1-3 days out for Harkers/Lookout/eastside? I generally use NOAA marine forecast but would like others if there are better ones. . . .

Fishweather, Windyty, or what?

Many thanks for any advice - - I'd love to know when I can head down there. . . . 

Cheers, and thanks again,
John
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:51pm
None are 100% but I use Fishweather and looking out the window since I'm blessed to live here.

Good Fishing!!!

willis1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:11pm
Thanks Chuck! Do you ever compare Fishweather to NOAA - - if so, which is better/more accurate?
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:08am
'Bout the same.  Do like My Radar app and use it more than some weather apps.  If Fish Weather would add radar, I'd a real happy old man.

Good Fishing!!!
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:07am
Wind alert is good, has radar, vapor loop and color wind forecast in 3 hour increments up to 72 hours out, and longer. It's the "parent" app to fish weather, and both are really functional pleasures on a desktop, but the app is still really useful on the kiddie computer, too. They just upgraded the main sites and their wind flow data is triple neato if you like to examine specific wind forecasts and their true flow direction tendency. That degree of specificity really helps predict actual fishable locations when you live right in the wind tunnel.
V/H Dog
willis1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:49pm
Thanks so much for the advice - I just got Wind Alert and it looks fantastic, both on my laptop and on my phone!!!! Super cool, and I can also get the NOAA forecasts there too for comparisons!
Cooter View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:52pm
Call Chuck and have him look out his window before you drive all the way down here. He wont give you a guess at is going on. Seems like it is always blowing 20+ down here. I haven't been out in four days just waiting for a semi calm day.
Politicians and diapers must be changed often for the same reason. Mark Twain
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:52pm
I fished the last four days and the weatherman as usual was incorrect, when he says 12 SSW its really 15 and white capping,It was rough for me andf as the day went on it got worse,no baitballs and the Spanish that were castable to at the Cape were no longer there like the were on Tuesday,we caught Spanish casting up to 7 pounds and were culling.
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
willis1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:40am
Maybe Chuck could post a daily weather conditions report based on his view out his window and experience?!?!?!?!
Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 10:56am
Yall haven't figured it out yet.. its not Chuck foretelling the weather, its the dogs getting it right. If there tail sticks up, light wind, if it sticks straight out its 15, tucked under its body... hurricane.
De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 8:55pm
What if the dog does not have a tail
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic