FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offshore Morehead 5/17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offshore Morehead 5/17
    Posted: 17 May 2017 at 5:57pm
The plan was to go south but the weatherman missed the call, again! Too rough to go south so headed for the big rock. Found a nice change, rip, weed , in about 120 feet . Picked up 4 right away and then the outboard Armada showed up in force. And the bite shut off immediately. So headed offshore picked one up at about 150 feet, then picked up another one in 170 feet. All the while I was keeping an eye on that weed line and rip behind us and listening to the people on the radio saying there were no fish there. Eventually all the outboards pushed off shore and we turned around and snuck back to that we line, and had Iy all to ourself for about an hour. And we picked up another six or seven fish. Well somebody spotted us, and we soon had more company than we needed so we just snuck off again and kind of follow that rip up to the north eventually up to the 700 line or so. All the while picking away, getting a fish here and there. At 1 PM we had 20 nice gaffers in the box and decided to call it an early day. The fish seem to be a little spooky, and if there's more than two boats in the same area they won't bite. I listen to people working the same we line I was working say they hadn't caught a fish all day, hadn't even seen a fish. Pretty darn good day considering the bite was so terrible.

Edited by Dog Daze - 17 May 2017 at 5:59pm
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
fishing fever View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:23pm
You the man nice work reading the fish
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
fishing fever View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:25pm
Headed out this weekend. I,ll remember your post
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
Bite Me 05 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bite Me 05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 7:29pm
Damn good job finding them captain. And some damn pretty fish in the box too!!

fiogf49gjkf0d
Support your local hooker
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:59am
Hoping to get out there next week. Fingers crossed. 
CAPT PICKLE View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPT PICKLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:20pm
Good job Dog !!! I may try Saturday... goin down tomorrow to repair my boat after the last calm forecast LOL ill  THANKS FOR THE REPORT!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic