FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awful on Thursday!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awful on Thursday!
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 5:38pm
Weatherman missed it completely! Fish wouldn't bite. Ended up with 2 Mahi, lost 3. Also caught 5 false albies for 80 lbs of cat food.

Edited by Dog Daze - 11 May 2017 at 5:38pm
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
Fish Angel View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 6:29pm
You sugar coated it, it was exactly what you said, but it was even worst than that, since we fished most of the local ocean.  
Bite Me 05 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bite Me 05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:07pm
Yeah but I got to ride on an awesome boat. Thanks for the trip!!
fiogf49gjkf0d
Support your local hooker
fishing fever View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 7:13pm
Glad I went yesterday.You,ll get them next time
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
kmacker69 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmacker69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:35am
It was pretty slow for us also!  Got one drop on a good grouper hole with one grouper on the first drop...  Went back and current and wind were now pushing us at 3.5knts...  Back to trolling.  Ended up with 7 gaffers with only 2 in the am, and a small blackfin.  Slow day and a little bouncy! 

Tried to raise you on the radio, but couldn't ever get ya DD.
Hoo-King'em Again,
Scott

Scott
CAPT PICKLE View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPT PICKLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 2:26pm
Yup a beat yourself up day for us too ...went up above the big rock found a killer weed line in 300 ft and not a bite... went off to 140 fathoms and nada ...trolled back in to 200 ft and caught one around 10 lost a sail ... then got in a couple schools of lost mahi and ended up with 10 total by 2pm all between 180 and 200ft heard 3 billfish released near us on the radio one captain said he could see mahi swim by his boat just had lockjaw .... everyone had been catchin 20 to 30... full moon or just a bad day no east wind not sure what to blame that on... today is good day for ibuprofin and tv!!!
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bite Me 05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:31pm
I was really thinking the full moon had something to do with it too.
fiogf49gjkf0d
kmacker69 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmacker69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 8:43pm
Full moon was a big factor!  The fish were so fatty that my knife was beading water and it got tough to hold it at times cleaning the fish this morning!  Full moon fish are harder to catch, but always taste better due to the extra fat...  So at least we got that going for us with our bruises and sore muscles!  Wink
Hoo-King'em Again,
Scott

Scott
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 8:39pm
Full moon was it,full moon kills a bite in the daytime,they eat all night because the bait is easier to catch,so eat all night and do not bite during the day,as it goes back to dark of moon the bite will increase,now before someone says it,they all don't do the same thing.
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bite Me 05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 8:50pm
We will see about Wed or Thursday next week. Gonna be a killin I hope!!
fiogf49gjkf0d
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 11:26am
Anyone ever fished at night during the full moon offshore?

Edited by 23Mako - 06 June 2017 at 11:26am
Glacierbaze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierbaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 11:52am
Did anyone happen to notice what the barometer was doing during the day, when the fish had lockjaw? Some of you must keep detailed fishing logs.
And for the scientists in the crowd, does air pressure have any measurable effect under water?

Edited by Glacierbaze - 06 June 2017 at 11:53am
"You can never elevate your own character by stepping on someone else's."

"Never argue with a man who loves the sound of his own voice."
Fish Angel View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Glacierbaze Glacierbaze wrote:

Did anyone happen to notice what the barometer was doing during the day, when the fish had lockjaw? Some of you must keep detailed fishing logs.
And for the scientists in the crowd, does air pressure have any measurable effect under water?
There was a front approaching that day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic