FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Rock 5/9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Rock 5/9
    Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:10pm
Fished the big rock area today, and it just didn't seem like much was going on. We did find fish, in about 180 feet of water in scattered grass. The water is blended, there are no temp breaks or hard edges. The water was much cooler today than the satellite shot I looked at yesterday. The 90 foot drop was only 71.5° but it warms up quickly. Try to find water that's at least 74°   And all of the fish that we caught were close to or in the scatterd grass. If you would asked me on the way in I would've said fishing wasn't very good, but we ended up with 21 fish. Never had a double, just picked away, single after single. All Mahi. Five fish were about 20 pounds, five fish were nice fish maybe 12 to 15 pounds and the rest were slingers. We did see Thomas wood on the dancin outlaw release a nice Marlin in about 200 feet of water. Never had a hit on the planer rod and was in some nice water where there should've been some Wahoo. Seas were a little different today only about a 2 foot swell but a little confused I guess you would say. All in all a great day and the guys worked really hard for their fish

Edited by Dog Daze - 09 May 2017 at 6:29pm
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
Bite Me 05 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bite Me 05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:33pm
Just more fish left for Thursday I guess LOL

Edited by Bite Me 05 - 09 May 2017 at 6:35pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
Support your local hooker
CAPT PICKLE View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAPT PICKLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:35pm
Thanks for the report I might try Thurs if the forecast is drier and for old folks!!!
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:01pm
We are planning on Thurs,
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
kmacker69 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmacker69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:17pm
Hope to see ya out there DD, I'll be on a buddies 33 Grady "Resuscitation."  I give ya a call if I see anything.  They were fishing near ya all day most likely today, but only got a few because they a had a pesky blue one messing with their dredge for 2 hours, but wouldn't eat a bait... 
Hoo-King'em Again,
Scott

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic