FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morehead City 4/29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morehead City 4/29
    Posted: 29 April 2017 at 7:11pm
Rough! Really rough in the morning. Headed south but couldn't get to where we wanted to go because the Capt (😉) couldn't take anymore pounding. So we put in around the Rise and pushed offshore. Put a nice black fin and a medium gaffer in the boat in 240 feet. Then trolled south and lost a nice Hoo behind the boat. Back in under 200 feet and added a 55 lb Hoo.Then put 2 more gaffers and 2 small black fin in the box. Not a bad day, not a great day. New boat handeled the seas fine but I missed the extra 6 feet the Jarrett Bay gave me.

Edited by Dog Daze - 30 April 2017 at 5:06am
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
fishing fever View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 7:20pm
Better then working
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
Fish Angel View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:00pm
I also missed those extra six feet. You were kind not to mention your great crew that set records for getting things tangled.
kmacker69 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmacker69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:29pm
Had and offer to go on a 30'er and declined...  I bet they were hating life if you were getting beat up!
Hoo-King'em Again,
Scott

Scott
Fish Angel View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by kmacker69 kmacker69 wrote:

Had and offer to go on a 30'er and declined...  I bet they were hating life if you were getting beat up!
You chose wisely!
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 5:05am
Actually got pretty nice for a few hours around mid morning, then kicked back up about noon. Ride in was good with the following seas. I'm wondering if they even made it out in a 30.

Edited by Dog Daze - 30 April 2017 at 5:05am
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic