FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CSMA - Striper Bill Filed - Write your legislator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 5:13pm
Dizzy?   That's nothing, I saw a bill die and be resurrected in an hour or so all because someone asked what a few hundred boats on trailers moving at less than 5 mph would do to traffic in Raleigh about 5 pm one weekday as WRAL and others circled overhead.
Some trawl operator will be forced to change in order to reduce bycatch. If you worry about that more than stopping the bycatch then the resource is secondary to you. Recovery has one less advocate.
FishCommander View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 8:50pm
That may be on the horizon. Thumbs Up And it would sure be ugly.
mrbearhunt View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbearhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2017 at 8:50pm
Spoke to my rep today.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 7:47am
Political inbreeding spreads in fits and spurts its way right on inland and makes a right good mess out of what might be a decent reputation for the people of what coulda been a great place to live if wasn't for the fact that our "leaders"believe in the fish house fairy over having healthy fisheries. Republicans and democrats are damnably inbred and so deserved by those who love them, and spreading the disease is foremost among their talents. Only God could squash em now, but he seems to be on their side, as some have tried to tell us all along.
V/H Dog
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 8:09am
I suppose if I was going to contact a state politician, it would be utterly disingenuous, as I think they are pretty much symptomatic effluvium from the drainpipe of a wasted collective brain stem which morphed years ago into a freestanding GI tract and just spews its gut, often as it can, right into the internal waters, where we net it up and wear it like jewelry to proclaim how damned stupid we are as a group. I could call Beaverly Boswell of the busted button bunch, but that would subject me to smelling her dumb greasy drivel flowing through otherwise breathable air into my personal space which is filled with the hope of one day seeing decent fishery management for the resource. I guess I'll just hold my natural optimism close to the vest while I wait for the voters of Dare county to install somebody in that hole who isn't dumber than a mud stump.
V/H Dog
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 10:07am
So it is out of the deadend?
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2017 at 7:52am
To paraphrase the previous republican war minister- "there's nothing left but dead enders. We'll just go house to house, mopping them up as we go". That's precisely why they can't get this done. For these guys, it's about screwing people, not about keeping one's own house in order. They ram us good for a number of years as if they have the imprimatur of God to do whatever, then struggle with their own mortality, coming up with a plan to recapture their youthful verve, and get caught eating donuts off the naked bodies of various interns. We rely on these guys to fix the broken MFC and DMF? We are beset by the disgusting and flawed class known as politicians. To hold them forth as resource people is analogous to taking their foul lies into ones own mouth, and regurgitating the words which constitute their unmitigated lying.
V/H Dog
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 8:16am
On top of this, there is the longstanding hatred of the south by the republicans. North Carolina happens to be a southern state. Witness the wanton destruction and murder, rape, plunder and mayhem the union committed during the late war of totalitarian aggression over 150 years ago. This treatment is celebrated to this day by these ravenous bastards, who would rather get you over a barrel, and then do what it takes to make themselves happy. Think about how easily they can be worked into a raging bloodlust, and describe the dead civilians as "collateral damage", when the entirety of the operation was based on intervention. Freedom loving leaders never came from democrats and republicans, for they exist as political instruments to deceive you and take your productivity for their own enrichment and aggrandizement. The idea that these mongers of total bullcrap really represent anything but hell and death to liberty and publicly held resources is a screaming joke. Please make your case that these people have it in them to produce any kind of justice for the citizens they supposedly represent. Billy Richardson, et al, certainly fly in the face of our way of life here in good ol different, and good on em for trying to help the bereaved resource and those who wish it was alive. But the modus operandi is way too evident by the longstanding actions of this evil, duplicitous horde, if you paid attention during any of that time.
V/H Dog
themoose View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by cnaff cnaff wrote:

On top of this, there is the longstanding hatred of the south by the republicans. North Carolina happens to be a southern state. Witness the wanton destruction and murder, rape, plunder and mayhem the union committed during the late war of totalitarian aggression over 150 years ago. This treatment is celebrated to this day by these ravenous bastards, who would rather get you over a barrel, and then do what it takes to make themselves happy. Think about how easily they can be worked into a raging bloodlust, and describe the dead civilians as "collateral damage", when the entirety of the operation was based on intervention. Freedom loving leaders never came from democrats and republicans, for they exist as political instruments to deceive you and take your productivity for their own enrichment and aggrandizement. The idea that these mongers of total bullcrap really represent anything but hell and death to liberty and publicly held resources is a screaming joke. Please make your case that these people have it in them to produce any kind of justice for the citizens they supposedly represent. Billy Richardson, et al, certainly fly in the face of our way of life here in good ol different, and good on em for trying to help the bereaved resource and those who wish it was alive. But the modus operandi is way too evident by the longstanding actions of this evil, duplicitous horde, if you paid attention during any of that time.

Your knowledge of history is surpassed only by your ability to communicate clearly in your posts.

Edited by themoose - 17 April 2017 at 12:18pm
sea byrd View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sea byrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Ray Brown Ray Brown wrote:

Dizzy?   That's nothing, I saw a bill die and be resurrected in an hour or so all because someone asked what a few hundred boats on trailers moving at less than 5 mph would do to traffic in Raleigh about 5 pm one weekday as WRAL and others circled overhead.

just give me about 24 hours notice to get my Skimmer from the beach.
fiogf49gjkf0d
Favorite pastime. Catching fish and eating the few fish I am allowed to keep. At least I am not killing four times the number I eat.
Glacierbaze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glacierbaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 6:25pm
Don't even need the boats. I think that the trailers would suffice.
"You can never elevate your own character by stepping on someone else's."

"Never argue with a man who loves the sound of his own voice."
marker39 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marker39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Ray Brown Ray Brown wrote:

I truly wish someone would organize something like this.

I know how hard it is to get recs to act in unison. Good lord I tried for a long time.

But this would be attention getting big time.

The problem is, recs will puff and pout on a message board, but when it comes time for the rubber to meet the road everyone is "too busy".

CCA, NC Wildlife, whomever...... Someone do it and I promise to be there.

Who is going to accept the challenge?

BW #2
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 7:32pm
I believe that you can copy and paste the list below into your address bar on an email and you will be able to email every member of the house.

Senate emails will come later - i hope

please let them know how you feel about this bill - it needs co-sponsors and broad support to get it out of the dead bill committee that it was sent to by our republican leadership

"Rep. Gale Adcock" <Gale.Adcock@ncleg.net>,
John.Ager@ncleg.net,
Kelly.Alexander@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Dean Arp" <Dean.Arp@ncleg.net>,
John.Autry@ncleg.net,
Cynthia.Ball@ncleg.net,
Chaz.Beasley@ncleg.net,
Mary.Belk@ncleg.net,
"Rep. John Bell" <John.Bell@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Larry Bell" <Larry.Bell@ncleg.net>,
MaryAnn.Black@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Hugh Blackwell" <Hugh.Blackwell@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. John M. Blust" <John.Blust@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Jamie Boles, Jr" <Jamie.Boles@ncleg.net>,
Beverly.Boswell@ncleg.net,
John.Bradford@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Bill Brawley" <Bill.Brawley@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. William Brisson" <William.Brisson@ncleg.net>,
Cecil.Brockman@ncleg.net,
Mark.Brody@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Dana Bumgardner" <Dana.Bumgardner@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Justin Burr" <Justin.Burr@ncleg.net>,
Deb.Butler@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Becky Carney" <Becky.Carney@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Mike Clampitt" <Mike.Clampitt@ncleg.net>,
George.Cleveland@ncleg.net,
Jeff.Collins@ncleg.net,
Debra.Conrad@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Kevin Corbin" <Kevin.Corbin@ncleg.net>,
Carla.Cunningham@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Ted Davis" <Ted.Davis@ncleg.net>,
"Cc: Rep. Jimmy Dixon" <Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Josh Dobson" <Josh.Dobson@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Nelson Dollar" <Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Andy Dulin" <Andy.Dulin@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Beverly Earle" <Beverly.Earle@ncleg.net>,
Jeffrey.Elmore@ncleg.net,
"Rep. John Faircloth" <John.Faircloth@ncleg.net>,
Jean.Farmer-Butterfield@ncleg.net,
Susan.Fisher@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Elmer Floyd" <Elmer.Floyd@ncleg.net>,
Carl.Ford@ncleg.net,
"Rep. John Fraley" <John.Fraley@ncleg.net>,
Terry.Garrison@ncleg.net,
Rosa.Gill@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Ken Goodman" <Ken.Goodman@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Charles Graham" <Charles.Graham@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. George Graham" <George.Graham@ncleg.net>,
Holly.Grange@ncleg.net,
Destin.Hall@ncleg.net,
Duane.Hall@ncleg.net,
Kyle.Hall@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Edward Hanes" <Edward.Hanes@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Jon Hardister" <Jon.Hardister@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Pricey Harrison" <Pricey.Harrison@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Kelly Hastings" <Kelly.Hastings@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Cody Henson" <Cody.Henson@ncleg.net>,
Yvonne.Holley@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Craig Horn" <Craig.Horn@ncleg.net>,
Julia.Howard@ncleg.net,
Howard.Hunter@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Pat Hurley" <Pat.Hurley@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Frank Iler" <Frank.Iler@ncleg.net>,
Verla.Insko@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Darren Jackson" <Darren.Jackson@ncleg.net>,
Joe.John@ncleg.net,
Linda.Johnson2@ncleg.net,
Bert.Jones@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Brenden Jones" <Brenden.Jones@ncleg.net>,
Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Donny Lambeth" <Donny.Lambeth@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. David Lewis" <David.Lewis@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Marvin Lucas" <Marvin.Lucas@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Chris Malone" <Chris.Malone@ncleg.net>,
Grier.Martin@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Susan Martin" <Susan.Martin@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Pat McElraft" <Pat.McElraft@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Chuck McGrady" <Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net>,
Allen.McNeill@ncleg.net,
Graig.Meyer@ncleg.net,
Mickey.Michaux@ncleg.net,
Chris.Millis@ncleg.net,
Rodney.Moore@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Tim Moore" <Tim.Moore@ncleg.net>,
Marcia.Morey@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Gregory Murphy" <Gregory.Murphy@ncleg.net>,
Garland.Pierce@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Larry Pittman" <Larry.Pittman@ncleg.net>,
Larry.Potts@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Michele Presnell" <Michele.Presnell@ncleg.net>,
Amos.Quick@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Robert Reives" <Robert.Reives@ncleg.net>,
Bobbie.Richardson@ncleg.net,
"Rep. William Richardson" <William.Richardson@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Dennis Riddell" <Dennis.Riddell@ncleg.net>,
David.Rogers@ncleg.net,
Stephen.Ross@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Jason Saine" <Jason.Saine@ncleg.net>,
John.Sauls@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Mitchell Setzer" <Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Phil Shepard" <Phil.Shepard@ncleg.net>,
Michael.Speciale@ncleg.net,
Bob.Steinburg@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Sarah Stevens" <Sarah.Stevens@ncleg.net>,
Scott.Stone@ncleg.net,
Larry.Strickland@ncleg.net,
"Rep. John Szoka" <John.Szoka@ncleg.net>,
Evelyn.Terry@ncleg.net,
"Rep. John Torbett" <John.Torbett@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Brian Turner" <Brian.Turner@ncleg.net>,
Rena.Turner@ncleg.net,
Harry.Warren@ncleg.net,
Sam.Watford@ncleg.net,
Donna.White@ncleg.net,
Linda.Williams@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Shelly Willingham" <Shelly.Willingham@ncleg.net>,
"Rep. Michael Wray" <Michael.Wray@ncleg.net>,
Larry.Yarborough@ncleg.net,
Lee.Zachary@ncleg.net,
"Rep. Jay Adams" <Jay.Adams@ncleg.net>
"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 9:18am
Carolinawoodduck - didn't someone do something like this years ago re: hogwaste? Whomever did that may have the organizational skill set to herd us cats.
FishCommander View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 9:44am
todobien..... I remember the event. Do not remember who organized. Agree if timed right would bring
chaos to downtown Raleigh. The current press is dialed in to events like this and it would probably 
generate worldwide attention if it happened. If this bill is ignored (which it probably will be) it may be     time to trailer to Raleigh. Thumbs Up
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 10:19am
How long is too long to let it be ignored? I'm not sure how things work on Jones St. NCFA is great at doing things like this and it seems to influence people.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:12pm
I'm hearing no warm and fuzzies on this bill.   As of now, it appears that HB 853 has been gilled to died in the net of Raleigh politics.

The Rules committee is scheduled to meet today.

It wouldn't hurt to make a few phone calls and might just help-

Start with-
Speaker Moore's Office-  919-733-3451
Rep. Bell's office-
919-715-3017
Rules Committee Chairman Rep. Lewis' office-
919-715-3015
Rules Committee Vice-Chairman Davis' office-
919-733-5786
Rules Committee Vice-Chairman Steven's office- 919-715-1883
Rules Committee Vice-Chairman Szoka's office-
919-733-9892
Rules Committee Vice-Chairman Torbett's Office-
919-733-5868

Edited by Rick - 20 April 2017 at 12:24pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 9:23am
Rules Committee meets today at 10am Room 544, which does have a live audio feed.

The Striper Bill is not on the agenda.  Tomorrow is the deadline.
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
bakesta View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 8:46am
For those of you who care, the CSMA Striper bill is officially dead.  The "crossover deadline" has passed and the bill never even got discussed.

The bill was filed before Easter and was instantly assigned to the "dead bill committee" by house leadership.

Why?

No other bill made more sense than this one and they killed it without even a discussion.

"Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest." --- Mark Twain
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 8:59am
Originally posted by bakesta bakesta wrote:

For those of you who care, the CSMA Striper bill is officially dead.  The "crossover deadline" has passed and the bill never even got discussed.

The bill was filed before Easter and was instantly assigned to the "dead bill committee" by house leadership.

Why?

No other bill made more sense than this one and they killed it without even a discussion.

What do you expect with pockets being padded?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic