FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pitchkettle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fishing fever View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pitchkettle
    Posted: 04 March 2017 at 8:32am
Worked the creek yesterday. No fish in the back. But shad were hitting at the mouth. Not killing them but did get about 10 . With some big one,s .guy beside me getting a nice white. All mine hickorys.
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 6:57pm
We have been doing well on the Neuse too. We were the first in the water today at Maple Cypress.
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 8:27pm
What time did you arrive??? Clap

Good Fishing!!!
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 8:31am
Was there from 10 -2 friday.
You Can,t catch a fish unless your lines in the water ( 21 cuddy cab trophy )Water Bug Also 14 ft John boat
jbafishing View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbafishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 9:04am
I did really well at maple cypress last Sunday and Friday with my dad. I seen chuck catching them on fly.
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 2:30pm
On Saturday we had the boat off the trailer and in the water just after 6:00 a.m. Lot faster trip on Saturday not dealing with School Buses!
fiogf49gjkf0d
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2017 at 7:10pm
Maybe I should try farther up river. Just can't seem to get on them good this year. Batchlors has been a bust so far. Going again Tuesday after getting a tooth pulled. Yeah I know. But better sitting in the boat with a numb face then at home. Not sure where to go.
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 9:59am
I do not think they are running up the creeks this year with how low the water is FF. 
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 8:01pm
Went to pitchkettle. Shad were biting at the mouth. But not killing them. Moved to the back to try out a new bass rod. Got 11 out of 22 hits on buzzbait 1- 4 lbs plus couple in the 3 lb range only 1 under 12 inchs. Left around 2 to get to the dentist. Had a missed call from them appointment canceled.   Hit batchlors on the way home since I now had more time. Shad finally showed up. Got 24 in 2 hours
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 8:15pm
I stand corrected!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:49am
Still some at the creek mouths on the Neuse.

Good Fishing!!!

Edited by Chuck Laughridge - 08 March 2017 at 11:51am
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 8:58pm
More shad today at batchlors. Landed 12 in 2 hours. Missed and lost more
rkok View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 11:49pm
we were also at batchlors today, we passed you by the bridge. We got there at 12:30 and left at 4:30. I wish I could launch there at the bridge where you put in. I had to run in from New Bern. We caught about 15 and also missed and lost more, the ones we did catch were good size. 
Rick
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 4:54pm
Still biting with a nice mix of whites and big hick roes.  Weekend looks a bit iffy weather wise.

Good Fishing!!!
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 5:14pm
Chuck, could you post a picture of the "go to" fly?
fiogf49gjkf0d
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 5:24pm
It,s a tricky landing 4wd is a must. Had to lock it in yesterday. Not as bad if the waters high. Been catching mine just past the house on piling.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 7:01pm
Mbob try red over yellow maribou size 6 hook about 1.5 inches long. Hot pink same pattern.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 7:04pm
Forgot gold head
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 8:39pm
Like TomM said ----- for size reference, that's 1X tippet (11.2lb test I think).

Good Fishing!!!

Edited by Chuck Laughridge - 09 March 2017 at 8:41pm
rkok View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 10:31am
    WE CAUGHT MOST OF OURS BY THE POWER LINES, HAD ALOT OF HITS UP BY THE HOUSE BUT ONLY LANDED A FEW THERE.
Rick
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 4:08pm
Thank you for the fly pattern. I'll tie up a few and add it to the stash!

Caught a few American Shad today. (Could not load picture) Used Ultra light spinning rig as the wind was gusting to 20 mph and that would mean trouble if I were flinging the flies.

Edited by Mechanic Bob - 10 March 2017 at 4:24pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 8:09am
Great morning yesterday with Hubert Parrott and Tom Segrave.Big smile

And the little flies that did the trick ---- usually in red/yellow with size 4/6 hooks and no idea what Bob Clouser called em when he showed em to Capt Jack Eudy years ago, but I call em "Tiny Dancers".  They come alive in the water and the shad can't leave em alone!Wink

Good Fishing!!! 

Edited by Chuck Laughridge - 11 March 2017 at 8:13am
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbafishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 12:50pm
Got about 50 this morning above maple cypress
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishing fever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 7:50pm
Worked all day . May try tomorrow after the blizzard
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbafishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2017 at 9:00pm
We fished from 6:30 till 6:30 lol. Probably had 200-300
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 8:06am
Thanks Chuck. Look like another trip to GOPCO for more tying material!
fiogf49gjkf0d
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 11:40am
You can get maribou at your craft store. Lot cheaper
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:29pm
Thank you Tom!
fiogf49gjkf0d
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 6:46am
Not PK, but in the same zip code.  Fished a spot I hadn't been able to get to most of the season and spanked em pretty good with Hubert Parrott and Albert Bruno.  Glad they talked me into going, rest of the week is gonna be kinda snotty.

Good Fishing!!!

Edited by Chuck Laughridge - 14 March 2017 at 6:50am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic