FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OI Offshore Saturday 1/21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kknudsen View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kknudsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OI Offshore Saturday 1/21
    Posted: 26 January 2017 at 12:54pm
Captain Brynner Parks of the OI docked Smoker called me last week and said a good weather window opened up for Saturday and that some YFT had been caught lately. I gathered up a last minute crew and we went down Friday night. Rooms at the Comport Inn South Hags Head were less than $30/man for the night. We had a great dinner at the Blue Water Grill over the Pirate's Cove Ship's Store, went to bed and were up in time to go to the fishing center for a 5:15 start. There were only 3 or four boats making the trip. We had lines in the water at 7:30 and had the first fish in the boat before we could get all the baits in the water. Despite losing a couple which pulled hooks at the boat and some missed hookups and breakoffs, we had a full limit by 1:00 and were back at the dock by 3. Great day! I have given up trying to post pics as it never seems to work.

Edited by kknudsen - 26 January 2017 at 12:57pm
The best days to fish are always yesterday and tomorrow.
kknudsen View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kknudsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 1:02pm
http://www.oregon-inlet.com/journal/images/4359image2-33-012117-1.jpg

Link to photo.
The best days to fish are always yesterday and tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic