FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Johnson Outboards- Smiling from the grave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Johnson Outboards- Smiling from the grave
    Posted: 12 January 2017 at 7:10pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 9:26pm
I have a 2000 or so 90 hp that I would trust anywhere. This over 4 stroke with weight and hole shot. Course I am anal anal about maintaince.
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2017 at 10:31pm
I have a special place in my heart for a Johnson.  I'm still running a 1977 6hp on a duck boat. My mom and dad made the mistake of leaving home over the 4th of July that year to visit my aunt in Mt. Pleasant. I commandeered the garage to start on a little project that I had been eyeing over the winter. I had fallen in love with Zack Taylor's plan for a sneakbox in his book Sucessful Waterfowling. I finished the boat in September and spent a little less than $400 of that summer's tobacco money on the 6hp. I wanted a 9hp but the dealer refused to sell it to me after seeing the boat. I still have both. Sweet motor that still purrs. A lot of great memory's with that motor. My son's shot their first ducks with it. When they were little and I was between boats, we took it and a 14' jon boat to Buxton. We stayed in a house right off the dredge hole and caught crabs and trout galore that week.

For those wondering what a Zack Taylor sneakbox looks like, this link shows it. (This is not my boat or my thread, just an example of the build and finished boat.)

http://www.duckboats.net/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=209264;page=2;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25

Edited by Rick - 13 January 2017 at 5:01pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
FishCommander View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2017 at 8:02pm
A duck hunting machine! Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic