FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Death of a Friend, Vibrio vulnificus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Death of a Friend, Vibrio vulnificus
    Posted: 27 December 2016 at 2:02pm
On November 29th, a real good friend and fishing buddy died, Mark Goard of Danville Virginia, we met each other by fishing and spent many a day on the water from Kerr lake to Atlantic Beach, Mark was the exact opposite of me in that he never cursed or talked about anyone, very humble man, had a lot of goodness in him, someone dyeing does not bring to much of a rise to many people except to those who knew him but I thought I would tell you how he died so you may avoid the same death. Back around the time that before hurricane Matthew had come through or right after mark was fishing when he was stuck by a hook or fish or something on the leg while fishing, like us all it did not mean much until it became infected, so he went to a local emergency care place in the AB/Morehead City area and received treatment which included antibiotics, his condition did not improve, he went to doctor at home and had no improvement and finally ended up in VCU in Richmond Virginia where he died of a infection that could not be stopped, this was possibly a marine borne infection that killed him, he fought the fight and lost. So when you go fishing please be careful, take a first aid kit and some kind of antibiotic was and treat any wound you get and go as soon as you can to a hospital emergency room not a doc in a box if you have issues. There is a marine infection that is in warm water and its there all the time, the same thing that makes you sick if you eat uncooked seafood, a terrible way to die, it eats you alive from what I am told, good man died from something so simple as a small wound that let the infection in.
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 2:56pm
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend but grateful that you have shared this information.
Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic