FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you go from here????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bread Man 1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bread Man 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you go from here????
    Posted: 06 October 2016 at 6:49pm
In Carolina we have a problem with several of our Finfish stocks as you know......
Red drum, despite good spawning, entire year classes are absent from our estuaries, some areas experience total localized depletion
Speckled trout....Where to start on this one... the speckled trout should be the most abundant fish in our estuaries year round depsite "cold stuns" "cycles" on so on. They are not, even though senior staff over at NCDMF has declared the speckled trout recovered and viable thanks to new bogus assessment models
Southern flounder, overfished and depleted

What do all of the problems with these fish have in common? A price on their heads via the gill net fishery. No other state has the severity of the problems we have here. What is the one thing that is different from any other state? The gill net. How are we supposed to have anything? Winter is coming, soon strike netters will be setting in the heads of the creeks killing next year's speckled trout and the "good" spawning classes of red drum before they are ever even close to being legal slot size. How can this continue? When are we going to do something about it? What are we going to do? It is clear the system is broken and I really don't take any politicians word on any of this. We have been given excuses for years.

I ask all of you, what are we going to do? Playing nice and playing the system has not worked at all.......has it? There is one common gear that is the problem in all of these fisheries, the gill net.
Florida and Louisiana have a rod and reel speckled trout fishery. In North Carolina it is illegal to harvest speckled trout or red drum with a rod and reel commercially. A gill net must be used......kind of says it all doesn't it. What are you going to do?

Edited by Bread Man 1 - 06 October 2016 at 6:52pm
Big Basstard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 7:30am
Well...

You are up against and industry that in 2015 collected about $947,174.29 from the commercial fishermen and only God knows how much the fish houses kicked in...

With that kind of loot they can buy a bunch of influence.

And it appears that there are elements out there who are not against using highly illegal intimidation tactics to keep recs from "rocking the boat" too much....

So to answer your question of..." Where do you go from here????"...one must first be honest with themselves and ask...."What are we willing to do"?
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 2:44pm
I'm so much waiting for this to happen to me that I can hardly wait......

"And it appears that there are elements out there who are not against using highly illegal intimidation tactics to keep recs from "rocking the boat" too much"...
Some people might be afraid of this kind of thing and it probably one of the reasons that there's not more recs speaking out against the problems,I am not one of those people !
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
Big Basstard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2016 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by CapRandy CapRandy wrote:

I'm so much waiting for this to happen to me that I can hardly wait......

"And it appears that there are elements out there who are not against using highly illegal intimidation tactics to keep recs from "rocking the boat" too much"...
Some people might be afraid of this kind of thing and it probably one of the reasons that there's not more recs speaking out against the problems,I am not one of those people !

You know what Randy....

I believe what you say....
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 8:51am
Smacks of spoiling for an actual fight. Randy, I've watched enough westerns to warn you that you might get what you ask for. Also, if you pack heat, which we know Randy that you make a good candidate for doing, you immediately lose standing as a citizen in good faith if you start wishing to be a hero with that piece so understand it's a thin blue line between seeing the world for what it is and becoming everyon's enemy yourself. I personally would cut loose on you verbally if I thought you really want to throw down on some pitiful skull who wants to shut you up. OK, your man is lying there gasping and crying mommy, and you turn and exhort us to back your play and tell the world what a great guy you are, and guess what? You'll be a perp despite any argument you can think up. You will be society's enemy. You'll make it difficult to be a good concealed carry guy for everybody who is your friend now, because you will instantly assert, in hurting some dummy who gets your dander up, that your career ended in a clear, rehearsed Charles Bronson look alike contest, where you wished it up yourself and by association, US.How will you dispell for us the notion that you see the citizen as enemy? This is OUR problem with police officers today- do you respond to citizens as a military occupier and we are the enemy, or are you a career PEACE OFFICER? If you don't answer, I know you understand these words because it took much greater men than me to think them up, and any thoughtful packer of heat should know them or be ashamed. Don't tell us you are gonna shoot some tit head for being a dingleberry, when we already know there will be routes of escape.THE LAW will inquire as to whether you considered this before you jerked leather! Even hostile people don't indicate it's a good time to kill, rather, your lack of an alternative to having them hurt you is your only justification to jack that punk into the stratosphere, which you better stop contemplating and return to your training in civility, as a peace loving man would do.    Edited to fight the auto spelling mangler program.

Edited by cnaff - 10 October 2016 at 8:55am
V/H Dog
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 9:30am
Anyone who has attended a concealed carry class, should be all too familiar with when one can use deadly force without being prosecuted-and there are not many.  Pretty much in your house, in your car or boat.  If you use deadly force out of those circumstances (such as self defense) you have to defend yourself in court, to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Putting a hole in an assailants hull or Yamaha is much cheaper than putting a hole in the asshole.

Moreover, what will the guys are work think?  Maybe I better be careful what I say to Rufus, he killed somebody because of a difference of opinion.

It is a last option, the very last option. 

The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 11:20pm
Wow, this went from not being intimidated by someone to shooting someone, really? I have found over the years that if you stand up to someone you may reap the whirlwind, but better that than to be intimidated, opinions are one thing someone telling you what you can do or say is another thing or someone taking the stance its their way or the highway for you, not going to transpire. Firearms instructor for years, conceal carry, know the rules and how they work. You can choose to sit on your hands like a girl or stand up for yourself without discharging a firearm,certain people have had their way for years bullying and intimidating people over the fishery issue and I guess they have come to the conclusion they can continue their ways because theres no reply that gets their attention,well its time for that to stop.
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 11:24pm
And there's no problem with the majority of police officers today, just a few like any other group,the problem is people want to break the law and not comply to a command which would have a better outcome,as far as being a occupier I do not think that's the case but if something is not done about upholding the law and obeying it it might well come to that,but that's the publics decision.
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 7:29am
Randy,
Since you are a firearms instructor, maybe you know the answer to this question.

Of the handgun owners in NC, what percentage have taken the concealed carry class?

The reason I asked, is that after I took it, I thought parts of the class might be appropriately required for handgun ownership.  
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 9:03am
Hey Randy. You cool man. I just wish I had the final solution to the intimidation problem so firmly in hand that I knew it wasn't a problem for me. You consistently imply a feeling of authority! As a policeman, I know you have enjoyed the state's monopoly on lethal force. We don't enjoy that feeling as civilian anglers, nor do I wish violent force upon anyone at a fisheries meeting. I know it is a nice fantasy to imagine setting things right, but a fish mafia will require other than the Klausewitzian policy to which you allude, in order For us to achieve parity, if ever. In fact, lots of video units in the faithful hands of would- be Edward R. Murrows trumps all the tuffees of any side. As far as it goes, if it floats your boat, go out and ventilate a few perps. Just don't do it at a fisheries meeting. Please! Popping holes in a boat? Doctor Chris, tha feedback on that would still dwarf the benefits from doing so. It would obviate one's right to carry , at the very least. My most fervent wish is that the fish biologists who we pay be insulated from the intimidation of the comm-industrial-political complex and that they, under strict public supervision and input, under a public set of principles not to be changed by process or fiat, and that they hold a virtual gun to the heads of the power structure of the state, who have seriously called their own morality and competence into realms way past doubt. Kill off the structure that causes the constant problem for the resource and its utilization. Train a few fisheries professionals in the art of whistle blowing. From where I sit, they all support the status quo. That's more annoying than a bunch of yahoos fighting in the parking lot, but bloodletting is decidedly out of the scope of the constructive role we wish to play
V/H Dog
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 9:11am
If a 38% cut on a stock that is in trouble is arbitrary and capricious maybe a no harvest/mortality decision is the solution.
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 3:49pm
Cnaff,
Not advocating popping holes in a boat.  However, popping holes in a boat might allow one to exit a situation without chase and would certainly better be than popping holes in somebody.

Edited by chriselk - 11 October 2016 at 3:49pm
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 10:18am
Actually, Chris, I will acquiesce to the idea that killing is sometimes necessary. Further I suggest that theft is almost never a thing a civilized person commits and retains civility( very rare). But property destruction and its utter misappropriation- I leave that to our government! They prove best at the job. They're good at killing and theft, too. Hey, that's why we're here on this board. Full circle on killing and theft by the state! Yippee.
V/H Dog
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 2:11pm
I'm not sure,theres classes ongoing all the time and as far as reporting the numbers of concealed carry permits it would be a thing that the court of authority has control over and whether they are required to make a report and to whom,since law enforcemenent has to be told who has them and be able to check them I would think the State Police would have a number since the holder information is usually on a NCIC or a VCIN server that dispatchers run checks for law enforcement when they have someone stopped etc.
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 2:24pm
I do not advocate violence to anyone anyway at any kind of meeting and I am fully aware of when and when not to use a firearm,I have not enjoyed a monopoly of nor have I used lethal force in this country that lead to the termination of someone's life,I will say this,as far as law enforcement officer supposed monopoly on leathel force I would say that there have been so many times that a law enforcement officer could have used lethal force and have been justified that the count would be amazing to all those who hate the police and accuse them of excessive force when they sit home eating popcorn and watching CNN for entertainment. Everyone that is not a convicted felon which they brought upon themselves is allowed to bear and carry arms,they are also allowed to be free to go to and from in their daily travels and be safe in those,they are free to protect themselves and their families in whatever way is necessary after doing whatever they can to avoid a confrontation as well, but sometimes you just cannot do that because of someone who just keeps pushing when they should have acted like they had some since,someone who thinks they are above the law and the law enforcement community has no power over them
seastreet View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seastreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2016 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by chriselk chriselk wrote:

Cnaff,
Not advocating popping holes in a boat.  However, popping holes in a boat might allow one to exit a situation without chase and would certainly better be than popping holes in somebody.

I concur. Carrying concealed is a responsibility to keep it under wraps until a point that you MUST skin that smokewagon in order to prevent death or great bodily harm.

NEVER pull it with an intention to intimidate someone. If I can use it to retreat to a point of safety without having to poke holes, then that is my goal. But that should always be a LAST RESORT.

"Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think."

cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 9:33am
This thread is a loud, redounding, thud on the reputation of our state for its criminal collusion and cronyism which might make some chicago operators envious. We have ordinary citizens who happen to angle and find such distress in their own wasted efforts because the water is relatively bare. The cronies have minions who intimidate, vandalize. Fear strikes silence into otherwise ethical operators who would like to coexist with the varied users, but anti-intellectual forces who run the show, at county, state, and industry level, have honed the fear tactic to appear as if the citizenry just supports this methodology. I believe enough coastal people do support this, that really, it's a kind of civil war where we are waiting, with bated breath, for who's gonna pull that trigger and make good on hostilities that have burned a long time.              Edited by poster, added word: for

Edited by cnaff - 25 October 2016 at 9:35am
V/H Dog
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 9:40am
Make that trigger a nuclear tour de force in law where the malfeasance and theft are brought into light by rapacious litigators who lay waste and destroy this system which has been utterly supported by hollowmen like Roy Cooper and his rival, the governor.
V/H Dog
cnaff View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cnaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 9:45am
And may God rest his hand on the shoulder of all who have helped this deeply corrupt system by pretending to serve the citizens of this state as they blithely pick the coins off its stinking carcass.

That relegates us to the ignominy of tardy vultures.
V/H Dog
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 2:16pm
WOW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic