FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boat rewiring Carteret County Area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dontcatchmany View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat rewiring Carteret County Area
    Posted: 21 September 2016 at 1:16pm
Any of you folks have a recommendation for someone in the Morehead City / Beaufort area that can rewire a boat? Also going to put in a new sounder/chart plotter at the same time.

I am getting too old to crawl all over a boat any more and this is a 25 ft Carolina Skiff.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dontcatchmany - 21 September 2016 at 1:16pm
Straits, N.C.

"..... shall not be infringed."

MilitaryAppreciationDay.org One, Simple, THANKS!
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 2:17pm
Are you talking about a switch panel or just pulling wires for a few things ?
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 3:34pm
Joe Ward in Newport

252-241-2474

Edited by 23Mako - 21 September 2016 at 3:35pm
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 6:44pm
Joe Ward is deceased for about a year and a half. I knew him fairly well. He and I fished together a few times. His father used to be my mother's physician.

I need complete re-wiring...what ever that takes. Panel/new wires run, things that have a good chance of going kaput when on the water.

A few names and maybe numbers and I will contact them and see what they can do.

Thanks!

Boat is almost 9 years old and over that time some of the wiring has seemed to go down hill and/or new stuff was done non-professionally.
Straits, N.C.

23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 8:08am
Wow DCM I was not aware that Joe had passed. He did some great work on my boat. 
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 12:26pm
Ryan Allred, Carolina Marine, did an stereo, GPS/Sounder, VHF install and cleaned up the wiring in my SeaPro bay boat.  252-241-4907   ABYC certified.
I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by BaitWaster BaitWaster wrote:

Ryan Allred, Carolina Marine, did an stereo, GPS/Sounder, VHF install and cleaned up the wiring in my SeaPro bay boat.  252-241-4907   ABYC certified.

Dang Bernie! I have a DUH Dummy moment here.

Ryan has worked on my boats in the past before he went on his own.....aaarrrgghhh. He s a good young man and has done good work.

And he helped me one time when I had a medical problem at the ramp.

His shop is a couple of miles from me (as I look to see).

Thanks!

Now to find the time frame.....and, of course, to talk with him so that trout season and other fishing is not interrupted.... LOL!

Straits, N.C.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic