FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tackle Shops Atlatic Beach or Emerald Isle area.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bird_hunter66 View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackle Shops Atlatic Beach or Emerald Isle area.
    Posted: 04 August 2016 at 2:18pm
Any suggestions on the best tackle shops in the Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, or Moreahead City areas?  I will be traveling from Raleigh to the area and any tackle shops on the way that are good please send suggestions.  Looking for inshore fishing tackle.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 6:28pm
It is 4-6 miles out of your way but no one has more fishing stuff than ez bait and tackle in Goldsboro
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 6:41pm
EJW's on Arendell, Joe Shute's, Chasing Tales and Freeman's on the Atlantic Beach Causeway.
Enjoy every sandwich - Warren Zevon

I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.
j.willis View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.willis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 9:07pm
Think Joe Shute's old place is now called SALTWATER BAIT AND TACKLE (same location). Matt Zook is the owner.

Joe owns Cape Lookout Fly Shop if you're into fly fishing- located at the opposite end of the same building.
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 11:05pm
Thanks. Jan

CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 6:02am
Chasin Tails
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 8:50am
Thanks for the suggestions.  I've been to Chasing Tales and Freeman's.  I'll have to check out
EJW's on Arendell and Joe Shute's. I've heard that there is a good tackle shop down at Emerald Isle.  Anyone know the name of the place or location?  I'll have to check out EZ in Goldsboro if I have time on the trip down as well.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 10:15am
Reel Outdoors at EI on the main drag. Nice shop.
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 3:21pm
Thanks KShivar
bmac View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 9:06am
X 2 on Reel Outdoors. Great selection. Good folks.
kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 11:58am
U R WELCOME. CATCH SOME. BTW IT'S WORTH A TRIP BY EZ IN GOLDSBORO JUST TO SEE AND BROWSE. IF THEY DON'T HAVE IT, IT MUST NOT BE MADE.
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 2:25pm
EZ Bait & Tackle if you stop on the way down and hands down Chasin Tails on the At Beach Causeway and Reel Outdoors in EI.

All 3 have banners here on NCW so just click on the banner on left hand side of page and go directly to their sites.

Good Fishing!!!
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 8:56am
Hat a great trip to Atlantic Beach.  I went to Chasing Tales and Freeman's on the Atlantic Beach, Reel Outdoors in Emerald Isle, The Fly Shop and The Saltwater Tackle Shop on the Causeway.  All great shops.  I spent most of my time at Chasing Tails and Freeman's since they were the closest to where I was staying.  I bought a new Star Plasma medium power rod and a Diawa Ballistic 3000.  Great outfit and very smooth.  I feel like I can cast a mile with the Plasma rod.  Thanks to the guys at Chasing Tails for all the help.  Also bought a Medium Light power rod made by Fenwich HMG for my Penn Battle II reel.  I think I am good for several years for inshore fishing.  Now I just need to get some more tackle and gear up for the fall fishing.  Thanks to everyone for the suggestions of the tackle shops in the area.  I enjoyed all of them. 
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bird_hunter66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 9:02am
Also forgot to mention that the blues were biting and I caught several from the surf and some off the Oceanic Fishing Pier on Gotcha lures.  Also went shark fishing one evening on the Capt. Stacy head boat.  I caught six sharks but only two were keepers.  One young man 12-14yrs old caught a 150lbs shark right before we headed in.  It was a lot of fun and the mates were very helpful.  I would give it a try if I were you and wanted and evening of fishing.  Will have to do that again the next time I go down.  
Dog Daze View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dog Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 7:00am
You stopped at all those shops and didn't stop at EJW!? EJW is the best of the lot and you drive right by them on your way through Morehead.

Edited by Dog Daze - 28 April 2017 at 3:01pm
47 Buddy Davis "Wet Dream"
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 9:08pm
EJW, opinions
bmac View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 8:58am
All good shops. I will note that Reel Outdoors and Chasin' Tails have both been very supportive of local conservation organizations and have contributed very generously to local charitable events such as kids fishing days & wounded warrior events. That matters a lot to me.
dontcatchmany View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 10:03am
Lots of good ones pointed out above.

Dudley's in Swansboro is near Emerald Isle.
Straits, N.C.

"..... shall not be infringed."

MilitaryAppreciationDay.org One, Simple, THANKS!
JD Dallas View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:14pm
Been going to Freemans for over 35 years !
Bonella Time - 23ft Parker
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:54pm
Freemans has changed hands from what I heard,I stopped going in there because you could not breath for the smoking,it may have changed.
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:56pm
Freeman's is fine.  Always found employees friendly and helpful.

Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 10:53am
its worth the exit to check out EZ Bait and Tackle...

De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 8:57pm
I pass EZ tackle on my way down,I might run in there next trip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic