FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Entitlement Generation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Big Basstard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Entitlement Generation
    Posted: 03 August 2016 at 12:55am
It appears that there is a grand amount people in our country who for some odd reason BELIEVE that they are OWED just about everything under the sun for free.

Many, many years ago......I was absolutely shocked when I found out that that the government actually gave out great big blocks of cheese and butter.

What I found amazing was that there was a great long line of people who sere waiting their turn to get their share of "Uncle Sugar's Horn Of Plenty"....yet were not on welfare or public assistance.

These days there is grand talk coming out of the democrats that college should not cost anything and THEY call it "FREE".

First off.....nothing in this world is free...and a college education is one of them...

Right now there is about 7 million people who went to college and don't pay even a penny each month towards their student loan......and their monthly payment averages out to around $300.00 per month.

Each month these defaulted loans come out to be 2 billion,100 million (2,100,000,000.00) per month and each year it's 25 billion,200 million..(25,200,000,000.00).......and seeing that the average loan lasts 10 years that comes to 252 billion dollar (252,000,000,000.00)...that the democrats appear to be saying that they want the American Taxpayer to foot the bill for.....

....and then some....

Years back....I remember that a kid had to be pretty smart to get into college.....these days it appears that just about anyone's idiot son or daughter can avail themselves to government loans to fund them to an added 4 years of drinking...doing drugs....and possibly taking classes to get a degree in "Fine Arts" that there has never been jobs for....and when it's all said and done...default on their loans with hopes that the democrats can get the working class to pay for them.....

Just something to keep in mind when you vote for the next president this fall...

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 2:43pm
...and if that isn't enough to frost your corn flakes....

The US spends well OVER 1 TRILLION dollars each year on welfare....

And for those of you who simply can't fathom what a Trillion dollars actually is....$1,000,000,000,000.00..

..or basically one million piles of one million dollars in each pile.

OR....four million piles of a quarter million dollars.

OR...10 million piles of one hundred thousand dollars.

OR...50 million piles of twenty thousand dollars.

...and yet the democrats still insist that it just isn't enough and want to spend more money that they just don't have...right now anyway!

Keep that in mind when you vote this fall...
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 7:13pm
And for some odd reason...

The US gubmint sees fit to throw away another 35+ billion dollars per year in "Foreign Aid"...

Just what the hell is "Foreign Aid" anyway?

Why is it that "Uncle Sugar" see's fit to send money to counties that probably hate us anyway?

We really do need to TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK....in a great big way.

Why are we giving Iran...a country who comes right out and says that they want to kill us all...when some kid in Appalachia is suffering from malnutrition and his parents aren't on drugs?

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 7:50pm
The current democrat gubmint feels "entitled" to throw your money away at an almost incomprehensible rate...

Here's just some of their insanity...

The six categories of wasteful and unnecessary spending are:
1.Programs that should be devolved to state and local governments;
2.Programs that could be better performed by the private sector;
3.Mistargeted programs whose recipients should not be entitled to government benefits;
4.Outdated and unnecessary programs;
5.Duplicative programs; and
6.Inefficiency, mismanagement, and fraud.

The first four categories are generally subjective, and reasonable people can disagree on whether a given federal program falls under their purview. Yet the final two categories -- duplication and inefficiency, mismanagement, and fraud -- are comparatively easy to identify and oppose. Thus, they are heavily represented in the examples of government waste below:

1.The federal government made at least $72 billion in improper payments in 2008.[1]

2.Washington spends $92 billion on corporate welfare (excluding TARP) versus $71 billion on homeland security.[2]

3.Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties.[3]

4.Government auditors spent the past five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them -- costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually -- fail to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.[4]

5.The Congressional Budget Office published a "Budget Options" series identifying more than $100 billion in potential spending cuts.[5]

6.Examples from multiple Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports of wasteful duplication include 342 economic development programs; 130 programs serving the disabled; 130 programs serving at-risk youth; 90 early childhood development programs; 75 programs funding international education, cultural, and training exchange activities; and 72 safe water programs.[6]

7.Washington will spend $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.[7]

8.A GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples of taxpayer-funded purchases include gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, Xboxes, jewelry, Internet dating services, and Hawaiian vacations. In one extraordinary example, the Postal Service spent $13,500 on one dinner at a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, including "over 200 appetizers and over $3,000 of alcohol, including more than 40 bottles of wine costing more than $50 each and brand-name liquor such as Courvoisier, Belvedere and Johnny Walker Gold." The 81 guests consumed an average of $167 worth of food and drink apiece.[8]

9.Federal agencies are delinquent on nearly 20 percent of employee travel charge cards, costing taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars annually.[9]

10.The Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.[10]

11.The Pentagon recently spent $998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida.[11]

12. Over half of all farm subsidies go to commercial farms, which report average household incomes of $200,000.[12]

13.Health care fraud is estimated to cost taxpayers more than $60 billion annually.[13]

14.A GAO audit found that 95 Pentagon weapons systems suffered from a combined $295 billion in cost overruns.[14]

15.The refusal of many federal employees to fly coach costs taxpayers $146 million annually in flight upgrades.[15]

16.Washington will spend $126 million in 2009 to enhance the Kennedy family legacy in Massachusetts. Additionally, Senator John Kerry (D-MA) diverted $20 million from the 2010 defense budget to subsidize a new Edward M. Kennedy Institute.[16]

17.Federal investigators have launched more than 20 criminal fraud investigations related to the TARP financial bailout.[17]

18.Despite trillion-dollar deficits, last year's 10,160 earmarks included $200,000 for a tattoo removal program in Mission Hills, California; $190,000 for the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming; and $75,000 for the Totally Teen Zone in Albany, Georgia.[18]

19.The federal government owns more than 50,000 vacant homes.[19]

20.The Federal Communications Commission spent $350,000 to sponsor NASCAR driver David Gilliland.[20]

21.Members of Congress have spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars supplying their offices with popcorn machines, plasma televisions, DVD equipment, ionic air fresheners, camcorders, and signature machines -- plus $24,730 leasing a Lexus, $1,434 on a digital camera, and $84,000 on personalized calendars.[21]

22.More than $13 billion in Iraq aid has been classified as wasted or stolen. Another $7.8 billion cannot be accounted for.[22]

23.Fraud related to Hurricane Katrina spending is estimated to top $2 billion. In addition, debit cards provided to hurricane victims were used to pay for Caribbean vacations, NFL tickets, Dom Perignon champagne, "Girls Gone Wild" videos, and at least one sex change operation.[23]

24.Auditors discovered that 900,000 of the 2.5 million recipients of emergency Katrina assistance provided false names, addresses, or Social Security numbers or submitted multiple applications.[24]

25.Congress recently gave Alaska Airlines $500,000 to paint a Chinook salmon on a Boeing 737.[25]

26.The Transportation Department will subsidize up to $2,000 per flight for direct flights between Washington, D.C., and the small hometown of Congressman Hal Rogers (R-KY) -- but only on Monday mornings and Friday evenings, when lawmakers, staff, and lobbyists usually fly. Rogers is a member of the Appropriations Committee, which writes the Transportation Department's budget.[26]

27.Washington has spent $3 billion re-sanding beaches -- even as this new sand washes back into the ocean.[27]

28.A Department of Agriculture report concedes that much of the $2.5 billion in "stimulus" funding for broadband Internet will be wasted.[28]

29.The Defense Department wasted $100 million on unused flight tickets and never bothered to collect refunds even though the tickets were refundable.[29]

30.Washington spends $60,000 per hour shooting Air Force One photo-ops in front of national landmarks.[30]

31.Over one recent 18-month period, Air Force and Navy personnel used government-funded credit cards to charge at least $102,400 on admission to entertainment events, $48,250 on gambling, $69,300 on cruises, and $73,950 on exotic dance clubs and prostitutes.[31]

32.Members of Congress are set to pay themselves $90 million to increase their franked mailings for the 2010 election year.[32]

33.Congress has ignored efficiency recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services that would save $9 billion annually.[33]

34.Taxpayers are funding paintings of high-ranking government officials at a cost of up to $50,000 apiece.[34]

35.The state of Washington sent $1 food stamp checks to 250,000 households in order to raise state caseload figures and trigger $43 million in additional federal funds.[35]

36. Suburban families are receiving large farm subsidies for the grass in their backyards -- subsidies that many of these families never requested and do not want. [36]

37.Congress appropriated $20 million for "commemoration of success" celebrations related to Iraq and Afghanistan.[37]

38.Homeland Security employee purchases include 63-inch plasma TVs, iPods, and $230 for a beer brewing kit.[38]

39.Two drafting errors in the 2005 Deficit Reduction Act resulted in a $2 billion taxpayer cost.[39]

40.North Ridgeville, Ohio, received $800,000 in "stimulus" funds for a project that its mayor described as "a long way from the top priority."[40]

41.The National Institutes of Health spends $1.3 million per month to rent a lab that it cannot use.[41]

42.Congress recently spent $2.4 billion on 10 new jets that the Pentagon insists it does not need and will not use.[42]

43.Lawmakers diverted $13 million from Hurricane Katrina relief spending to build a museum celebrating the Army Corps of Engineers -- the agency partially responsible for the failed levees that flooded New Orleans.[43]

44. Medicare officials recently mailed $50 million in erroneous refunds to 230,000 Medicare recipients.[44]

45.Audits showed $34 billion worth of Department of Homeland Security contracts contained significant waste, fraud, and abuse.[45]

46.Washington recently spent $1.8 million to help build a private golf course in Atlanta, Georgia.[46]

47.The Advanced Technology Program spends $150 million annually subsidizing private businesses; 40 percent of this funding goes to Fortune 500 companies.[47]

48.Congressional investigators were able to receive $55,000 in federal student loan funding for a fictional college they created to test the Department of Education.[48]

49.The Conservation Reserve program pays farmers $2 billion annually not to farm their land.[49]

50.The Commerce Department has lost 1,137 computers since 2001, many containing Americans' personal data.[50]

...and this is just some of the waste done by the democrats...
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 8:41pm
I total agree to the "I am entitled" theme.
Parents are no longer parents. They want to be the brats friend and not their parent.
"It's not fair" statement drives me up the wall, along with "It's not their fault".

How many "Kids" are moving back home and then bringing the grand kids with them. Well guess what Mom and Dad, that is what you raised.

Marriage didn't work out, too frick'n bad, figure it out. Pull yourself up by your boot straps and get on with it. Life is tough, then get a helmet. 

Free College, heck the public education system sucks and then how would college be any better? Will I be reimburse for my college cost or the cost I paid for my kids or the loan my daughter took out to be a MD? 

Some people really need help, the the free loaders, well just &*&*^*&^#^%.

Bottom Line, nothing is free!
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 5:06am
"BOB".....

You said a mouthful there....and everyone who has any "vision" at all should be compelled to agree.

As far as an answer to your question of ..."Will I be reimburse for my college cost or the cost I paid for my kids or the loan my daughter took out to be a MD?"...goes...the answer to that would be...."Hell no Bob"....they got your money that you worked for already and if they gave yours back then who would pay for all those who don't work at all?

I will say that I am all for helping all Americans who simply can not work due to being injured or old and feeble.

But "free" college for everyone?....Not a chance in hell....

....for the children of fallen military ...ABSOLUTELY...
Fish Angel View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fish Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 6:13pm
My brother is a mechanic, he deals with machines, not people. He works for a large city in the suburbs of Salt Lake and had to go to a day's training on: "How to deal with milliniums!" Like he will ever see one in the shop or garage, but he still had to go and log the training.  The point is that this next generation just orders their coffee on their celphone and pays $.50 extra to do it. They have no interpersonal skills (great computer skills), very few life skills, even fewer financial skills and are spoiled rotten. It is really sad that we (our society) are now just accepting this and teaching employees how to deal with it, instead of fixing it.
"It is not getting any smarter out there. You have to learn how to deal with stupid and find ways to make it work for you!" Frank Zappa 
"Life is tough, but it is even tougher when you are stupid." John Wayne (Sgt Striker)
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 9:50pm
Fish Angel...

I read your post and started scratching my head cause I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about....

"How to deal with milliniums!" ?????...So I goggled it and asked what it was and it came back with ..."a person reaching young adulthood around the year 2000"...

I have had some experience with people of this age(s) and have come to the conclusion that MOST I would not want to go into combat with...they constantly need their newest edition of a smart phone on them and be using it for things other than work AT WORK....

They incessantly complain....about everything....including the pizza that you bought the whole crew for lunch out of your pocket....simply because you didn't get one smothered in pineapples and ghost peppers....that they don't get paid enough...they work too hard...yada...yada...yada...

....and the sad part is that they are allowed to vote....
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 11:23pm
In the past 8 years I have wondered if it is at even at all possible to save what is left of our country.....let alone re-build it back into greatness where people actually work for everything they have?

The 109,631,000 living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled 35.4 percent of all 309,467,000 people living in the United States at that time.

Think about it...more than 1/3 of this country is on welfare.

Gee! I wonder how they are going to vote?
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 8:45pm
Big bastard,you know where this is going to eventually lead,things are going to get short because everything is being given away,the working class of people are going to gradually be non existent and there will be no one left to provide things,so those of us who have hoarded up a arsenal and prepared ourselves will be fighting for what we have against lowlifes that want it and theres no government left to stop it either as soon as Clinton finishes screwing us all.
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 4:28pm
I understand what you are saying CapRandy, but I really hope it does not happen!
No doubt those that are receiving, will vote for Lie-a-lly, and those few that are honest and working will vote for Donald.
I really hope I am "Worm Food" when all H E double hockey sticks break out. 
I have said this for the longest time with Social Security and those who have NOT saved. (Oh, the Smith's do not have any savings, so they need your S.S. Bob. Not our fault you did not take vacations to Aruba, France, CanCun,  or buy a new car every year, but the Smith's just don't have any savings.) Let's be fair.
Just seems we are trending that way.
Grasshopper and the Ant.
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 4:53pm
Right now....

Through corruption and graft...the Clintons are worth over 100 million dollars...mostly by donations from countries and people who absolutely hate the USA....and in reality...The American Middle Class...

Without the "middle class"...The USA will turn into some half azzed banana republic over night...with the absolute worst of the lower class being the foot soldiers and homeland guardians of the democrat upper class who give them blocks of "FREE" cheese and cell phones....

The democrats really do not want anyone to have firearms....especially the middle class...who are the only ones who actually oppose them.

And I really don't care what is printed....by anyone....the reason why .22's are so expensive is because the price has been rigged by the government(democrats) to keep them out of the hands of free people who they eventually plan to subjugate.

Under "W"...8 to 10 bucks a "brick"(500)....under Obama...$60 bucks plus...and that's if you can find them at all...

The .22 is the absolute "smart caliber" for those who believe that "bad things" might happen.

When combined with a scoped Ruger 10/22 and some 30 round magazines it creates a civilian weapons system that your average person can easily carry 1500 round of ammo and still be able to run if necessary.

I most certainly would not ever want to go up against 10 people...who could shoot...armed with this system.

300 well placed rounds per minute coming my way just isn't my idea of fun.

AND THE DEMOCRATS KNOW THIS....

I most certainly do hope that it never comes down to this...

CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 1:03pm
Plan for the absolute worse under the Clinton Presidency and then triple it,do not wait for something to start admit it to yourself it will and when.With no respect for law enforcement and police being killed almost daily it seems just a matter of time before the government to get involved with policing the country and the only way is with a force already available.
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by CapRandy CapRandy wrote:

Plan for the absolute worse under the Clinton Presidency and then triple it,do not wait for something to start admit it to yourself it will and when.With no respect for law enforcement and police being killed almost daily it seems just a matter of time before the government to get involved with policing the country and the only way is with a force already available.

Wow Skipper...

Unfortunately...I believe that you're right...

They will not use the military though...at least that's my thought....they will recruit "gastapo" from the inner cities...those who have an axe to grind against the middle class already and allow them to rape, murder and plunder as "they see fit" so that fear can be struck in the hearts of the middle class.

My thought is that this country needs more guns...not less....and a whole lot more people packing LEGALLY.

CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 4:10pm
Exactly
drumwagon1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumwagon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 4:57pm

a whole lot more people packing LEGALLY.

My thoughts to
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic