FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Empty Nesters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empty Nesters
    Posted: 30 June 2016 at 9:29am

We became official empty nesters on Monday morning.  I can honestly say those years of little fishing and a lot of weekend activities that included Indian Guides, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, church functions, school homework and projects, sports, Key Club activities and just general family commitments that at times seemed to be an all too frequent annoyance and interference with my love of fishing were worth it.  In hindsight, even those 15-degree nights on a few camping trips in a three season boy scout tent were enjoyable.

We are the proud parents of a junior at NC State majoring in Agribusiness and a new cadet candidate at the United States Military Academy, both chasing their dreams.

Excuse me for bragging, but I'm a proud dad of both for their accomplishments and the great job their mother has done!

Time for dad to take time off to fish and spend more time fighting to improve the state of our fisheries resources.

From a few relaxing afternoons like this

One of them is going to soon be in the job market.  The other is going to have this view for the next four years at times with a lot of snow and a frozen river. (Note: The Hudson River is 216 feet deep at this point.)  He has a guaranteed job for five years after graduation. 

Edited by Rick - 11 December 2016 at 11:27am
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 10:01am
Congratulations Rick....you will enjoy being just "two" again in some respects, but you'll also look forward to the meals when the table is once again full and your fishing buddies return. When the day comes that they "bring home their new BFF" then things get interesting.

You two raised two good boys....enjoy their accomplishments.
I am a native of NC. The "bycatch captial of the east coast of the US". Our legislature lets us kill more fish for no reason than any other Atlantic Coast state. I hope they are proud.
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 1:48pm
Well done
FishCommander View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishCommander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 3:18pm
Thumbs Up  Hug
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 4:08pm
Congratulations! Every reason to be very proud. Thumbs Up
I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie
olsaltydog View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olsaltydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 7:58am
Well done Rick
cwilli View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 8:29am
Congrats! Well done.
Time for all of us to preserve the resources for the next generation!
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2016 at 9:01pm
Go Army!   First time in 15 years against Navy, a victory of 21-17. Tactical patience pays off! We soldiers for the resource should take note.

Edited by Rick - 10 December 2016 at 9:14pm
fiogf49gjkf0d
NC Fisheries Management- Motto: Too Little, Too Late, Too Bad   Slogan: Shrimp On! Mission Statement: Enable Commercial Fishing At Any and All Cost, Regardless of Impact to the Resource.
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 7:31am
What a game!

Good Fishing!!!
Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 10:01am
Congrats.  Our family visited there last year.  Beautiful campus with an awesome tradition.  Can't go wrong with NC State either.
todobien View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todobien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2016 at 6:07pm
Go Army! GO PACK!!!!!!! Probably too late now but should get the NCSU student to bring you home some Howling Cow eggnog
Rick View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2020 at 9:58am

Time flies- can't believe its been almost four years!

I see a fishing opportunity.  Please pass on any good guide recommendations for the area and any other info you're willing to share.

Last night was "Post Night"...heading to Hunter Army Airfield to join the Combat Aviation Brigade M, 3rd Infantry Division-

Edited by Rick - 06 February 2020 at 10:27am
fiogf49gjkf0d
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2020 at 1:09pm
Kent Edmonds flyfish ga
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic