FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How can those that represent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can those that represent
    Posted: 16 June 2016 at 7:24pm
So few control the resource of so many😡
Warning Shot View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warning Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2016 at 9:02pm
Follow the money.
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2016 at 9:08pm
The Public has no idea of how their representatives tack on bills to the huge budget bill at the last second.  Happens every year.

Bills should stand on their own merit.

Edited by chriselk - 16 June 2016 at 9:09pm
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2016 at 9:15pm
Some pound the keyboard on the WWW, some pound the floors of the Legislature. 
I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie
TomM View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2016 at 10:48pm
So BW if you can't get to Raleigh and POUND the floors you are non existent and have no say. As you would say back to post how could....
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 8:00am
No, you shouldn't have to do face-to-face. 

But with all the recent derogatory comments about Jerry Schill on NCW, apparently he, as in the past, has been effective in the job he is paid to do by with face-to-face time.

And I do agree 100% with Chris about plopping in non-budget item in the budget bill.
I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie
bmac View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 9:36am
One of the problems we have here in Onslow is all of our incumbents are in safe seats. No viable challengers, and they don't have to listen to a relatively small portion of their constituency, which is to say, the informed and vocal members of the recreational fishing community. Thus far, local outreach efforts have been unsuccessful. One continually gives us the Heisman. One makes no bones about being in the comm camp. One tells both groups what they want to hear and prays for a Divine solution, and another one takes money and makes promises that he breaks, then he blames the other House & other politicians. When it comes to a contest between logic and planning for the future of our resources versus a big pile of fried fish at the local church, the fried fish seems to be the clear winner. Maybe that will change, but as my old boss used to say, "Hope is not a course of action."
chriselk View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriselk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 9:36am
Got an email from a legislator who told me to stop writing emails.  Does this mean he will talk to me personally on the phone?  Yea right.

Things move so fast in Raleigh, snail mail won't do it.

Maybe Anonymous or Snowden will post the personal phone numbers of all NC Legislators. Smile

I know this particular legislator means well and has to work with some folks who are less pleasant, its just frustrating when these kind of bills arise at night, behind closed doors and are tacked onto the budget.  The lack of transparency is inexcusable for a supposed democracy.
The above comments are my personal opinion and do not represent those of any organizations or agencies I may be a member of.
Stump1187 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stump1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 10:00am
Chris, please let us know who advised you of that. I'll send him an email!
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 11:18am
Sometimes you're served as much by those who don't know how to legislate as by those that do, somewhat cryptic, but true. (;

Good Fishing!!!
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2016 at 11:53am
My question remains an open one....

Why did it take a Democratic member of the legislature to warn us yesterday morning that something was up when Republicans had been saying for days..."we have this covered" and then they didn't initiate conversation until we started calling them?

You don't think at some point the obvious doesn't start to surface?
I am a native of NC. The "bycatch captial of the east coast of the US". Our legislature lets us kill more fish for no reason than any other Atlantic Coast state. I hope they are proud.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic