FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Oliver brutally funny comment on Drumpf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Oliver brutally funny comment on Drumpf
    Posted: 29 February 2016 at 1:15pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

Edited by BaitWaster - 29 February 2016 at 1:45pm
I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.

The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie
Ray Brown View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW FOUNDER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2016 at 12:21pm
I was a Jeb Bush guy, but that ship has sailed.

What I find perplexing and somewhat frightening about this Trump deal is the fact that he and his supporters have a right to assemble and he has a right to express himself.

With that said, there is a growing movement by certain individuals and groups to deny him and his supporters to be able to enjoy free assembly and now they are pointedly attempting to stop his ability to exercise free speech.  There would be no pushing and shoving or punches thrown if people whose sole goal is to disrupt his right of free speech didn't show up and try to intimidate his beliefs and that of his supporters.

Certainly those who object to his viewpoints have a right to free assembly and free speech, but that doesn't mean drowning out the same rights as others.  Go down the street, rent your own building, draw your own crowd and sell it till your hearts content.  That is guaranteed to you under the constitution; what you are doing at Trump rallies violates it in multiple ways.

Sadly, the media, as well as other Republican candidates don't seem to understand that and choose to make him the culprit. Yes, he has said some outlandish things, but that is his constitutional right.  He isn't going into the crowds of other candidates and attempting to disrupt what they assembled to do.

Maybe we are in a new era in this country where thwarting free assembly and fee speech is ok.  I hope not, but a lot of people seem to tolerate it.

We can make sure people who wish to burn the US flag can assemble unabated and exercise their visual free speech.  We allow and protect individuals from other countries to protest in this country and we make sure they are not interrupted even though they are not protected by the Constitution.

If the media and other politicians keep turning their back on this attempt to silence free speech or free assembly then I may very well vote for Trump in protest.

Cruz waves the flag, cracks the Bible, threatens the IRS, chides ISIS and the head of the Islamic religion, but laughs at people trying to disrupt free assembly and free speech just down the road here in America.  That alone is enough to never vote for him.

If you believe that Trump should not be allowed to speak, or his meetings not be allowed to go on as they plan then please stop calling your self a Patriot or a Constitutional American for you are neither by any definition.

Edited by Ray Brown - 13 March 2016 at 12:27pm
I am a native of NC. The "bycatch captial of the east coast of the US". Our legislature lets us kill more fish for no reason than any other Atlantic Coast state. I hope they are proud.
Big Basstard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Ray Brown Ray Brown wrote:

I was a Jeb Bush guy, but that ship has sailed.

What I find perplexing and somewhat frightening about this Trump deal is the fact that he and his supporters have a right to assemble and he has a right to express himself.

With that said, there is a growing movement by certain individuals and groups to deny him and his supporters to be able to enjoy free assembly and now they are pointedly attempting to stop his ability to exercise free speech.  There would be no pushing and shoving or punches thrown if people whose sole goal is to disrupt his right of free speech didn't show up and try to intimidate his beliefs and that of his supporters.

Certainly those who object to his viewpoints have a right to free assembly and free speech, but that doesn't mean drowning out the same rights as others.  Go down the street, rent your own building, draw your own crowd and sell it till your hearts content.  That is guaranteed to you under the constitution; what you are doing at Trump rallies violates it in multiple ways.

Sadly, the media, as well as other Republican candidates don't seem to understand that and choose to make him the culprit. Yes, he has said some outlandish things, but that is his constitutional right.  He isn't going into the crowds of other candidates and attempting to disrupt what they assembled to do.

Maybe we are in a new era in this country where thwarting free assembly and fee speech is ok.  I hope not, but a lot of people seem to tolerate it.

We can make sure people who wish to burn the US flag can assemble unabated and exercise their visual free speech.  We allow and protect individuals from other countries to protest in this country and we make sure they are not interrupted even though they are not protected by the Constitution.

If the media and other politicians keep turning their back on this attempt to silence free speech or free assembly then I may very well vote for Trump in protest.

Cruz waves the flag, cracks the Bible, threatens the IRS, chides ISIS and the head of the Islamic religion, but laughs at people trying to disrupt free assembly and free speech just down the road here in America.  That alone is enough to never vote for him.

If you believe that Trump should not be allowed to speak, or his meetings not be allowed to go on as they plan then please stop calling your self a Patriot or a Constitutional American for you are neither by any definition.

Well Ray...

I must tip my hat to you for that clearly well thought out reply.

You have smacked that 20D nail and driven it home with one well aimed shot.

....a mighty blow for good sportsmanship, civility, morality and the freedom of speech which is supposed to be the American Way......

Unfortunately....it appears that many politicians simply don't feel that way......especially if they are getting their azzes handed to them in the "Super Bowl" of political contests.....The "Running of the Political Bulls".....which can lead a person to the biggest job in the land....

The democrats in this country have long used then "shout down" as a way of intimidating candidates and their supporters....and now it appears that maybe the republican "old guard" is seeding Trump Rally's with THUGS who won't allow the leading candidate be heard.

One of the things that annoys me to no end is that not one candidate on either side EVER served our country in any capacity in any branch of the armed forces.

I really am getting sick and tired of a bunch of people lamenting how they have a "leg up" on knowing what being an American really is because their father floated over to the USA from Cuba on a 55 gallon drum and became a bartender and his mother a chamber maid.....where "by-the-way" are two well known jobs where people cheat on their taxes by not reporting some...if not all of their tips.

.....or another guy says how he knows what being an American is because his relatives....not him....worked in coal mines...where another wasn't even born in this country....his father is a Cuban...and his real name is Raphael Edward.....not "Ted" as he calls himself

"The Donald" is a much "unjustly" maligned candidate.....in my estimation...Rubio is nothing but a smart mouthed punk kid....Cruz is a swarmey creep who deploys un-ethical measures to attempt to steal what he could never earn.....and the guy from Ohio?......well.....

I believe that the Washington Power Structure is scared to death of Trump...he "may" decide to blow the whistle on all of the rat basstards who stink that town up and make it that forever a "professional politician" won't be able to find a job that lines their pockets while stepping on the backs of the America Working class...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic