FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fly Casting Clinic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fly Casting Clinic
    Posted: 04 February 2016 at 2:36pm
Cape Lookout Fly Fishers will host the annual Fly Casting Clinic on Saturday, February 27th from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm at the Morehead Parks and Rec Center. The address is 1600 Fisher St., Morehead City, NC.

Directions to the venue are:

From Hwy 70 turn onto N17th Street, (this is the street beside the Salvation Army store), then proceed to the Parks and Rec building. Instruction will take place on the soccer fields that are adjacent to the building.

This event is FREE and open to the public. Instruction will include beginner casting to advanced casting. If the wind is blowing you will learn how to "make the wind your friend" when fly fishing in less than stellar conditions.
Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 5:47pm
WOW thank you. I think if the work does not demand my attendance, I'll be there. Thanks.
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 3:44pm
THANK YOU, That was great and lots of fun. I found I need to practice a whole bunch more. Got to try to break the "Bad Habits".
Thanks.
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
BaitWaster View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW PATRON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaitWaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 6:35pm
Great seeing you, Bob, and picked up more than a few tips/improvements from Chuck. 

Learn like training my labs.  Learn something, repetition, add something new, repetition etc, etc.

Tip of the bait-stained visor to Cape Lookout Fly Fishers Club.  Thumbs Up

Edited by BaitWaster - 27 February 2016 at 6:38pm
Enjoy every sandwich - Warren Zevon

I'm not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time.
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2016 at 7:48pm
We appreciate the kind words fellas. I thought it was a great event and I really enjoyed meeting so many new folks.

Our next event will be a monthly meeting on Friday, March 18, 2016. We meet at Cox's Family Restaurant in Morehead City. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm but, some folks gather about 6:00 for supper and fellowship. Come on out and join us.
Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic