FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

reds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeff-nc View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff-nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reds
    Posted: 13 December 2015 at 12:38pm
i've been ploughing about the lookout shoals for years catching most of what finds its way there...usually blues, jacks, albies, and a shark or two, with some puppy drum in the shoreline of shark island.  i've seen the photos of brian, sarah, and rob of the big red drum thrashing on topwater feeds, but i've never run up on it....until yesterday.  spent most of the day searching for the albacore, but around mid-day serendipity hit and there they were. only up on top for about 15-20 seconds busting on the bait, but ran into them twice and caught two on a clouser.  saw both fish take on top. hope it's not another lifetime before i get to do it again...but it was worth the wait
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 7:59pm
I bet that was awesome. Good for you man.
Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
Chuck Laughridge View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Laughridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 8:52pm
Sweet!

Good Fishing & Merry Christmas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic