FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 196>
Author
paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 2:37pm
Congratulations to the whole PIERMAN family. HugHugHug

Here's my report from last week. 

I headed to the Swansboro marshes Thursday for some drum.  On the way to my usual creek I stopped at a little grass flat that looked promising.  I threw the cast net and only got 1 finger mullet so I hooked him up and tossed him towards the shore and started working a grub.  A minute later the mullet pole bent over double and I pulled in a 22” drum.  So much for the 1 mullet, so I started throwing a top water plug.  Within 15 minutes I had landed 4 more between 21 and 25”.  I headed for my usual creek and in 2 hours only managed 1 - 16” flounder and 1 - 23” drum that I kept.  I tried a couple more spots and then went back to where I started and caught 6 more on top water between 22 and 25”.  Top water is by far the most exciting way to fish.  By the time I left my arms were hurting.  Sorry, no pics cause I was by myself.

"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 3:19pm
PAULG1,
 THANKS MY FRIEND IT WAS A GREAT TRIP,IF I HAD THE PATIENTS TO THROW A TOP WATER PLUG  I THINK I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY AGAIN,I HAVE ONE IN THE BOAT THAT I SHOWED SCOTT THAT IS SO RUSTED UP THAT THE HOOKS NEED REPLACED LOL ITS A CATCH 2000 MULLET COLOR.
 I LOVE THE MULLET PULL WHEN A DRUM HITS AND ITS A LITTLE BIT MORE RELAXING TO ME,BUT YOU ARE CORRECT NOTHING MORE EXCITING THAN AN EXPLOSION ON THE TOP OF THE WATER.
 CONGRATS ON SUCH A FINE DAY  Thumbs%20Up
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 12:11am
Gonna work on that plug casting on the next trip there pierman. Think we will do some plugging around and then settle down when are arms are tired and do what we do best, sit, talk trash, and catch a few drum.

Tight lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 12:19am
Shocked CAN YOU PICTURE THAT NCPIERMAN THROWING A PLUG? WHEN IT HAPPENS SCOTT YOU LEAVE THE CAMERA IN THE BOX LOL
 I ACTUALLY THINK IM GONNA GO SEARCH FOR SOME SPECKS THIS WEEK AS WELL AS DRUM  SO I GUESS ILL THROW SOME LURES SO I WONT LOOK SO BAD THE DAY WE GO OUT PLUGGIN Big%20smile

PiratesAboard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiratesAboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 10:30am
Scott, you best take those rusty hooks off his plug before he starts heaving it unless you carry a tetunus syringe along with you....   
"Winners win, and losers make excuses. It's as simple as that." Joe Garagiola
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 10:19pm
LOL CHUCK I BEAT YA TOO IT THEY WERE CHANGED THE NEXT DAY WITH NICE SHINNY SHARP NEW ONESWink

bbarnes15 View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarnes15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 10:37pm
fished an hour and a half saturday out of morehead caught 6 reds biggest was 25" caught on Red Fish Magic others caught on gulp
Pathfinder 2000V Yamaha F115 MKRT 70
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 11:11pm
Thumbs%20Up BBARNES15,
 CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD Clap

paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 7:18pm
bbarnes15.....

You've got the touch.  Welcome.
"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 7:35pm
10-4 there BB15-nice catch and welcome to the board

BB-15---Alright give up a litte more of that good information, incoming or outgoing tide, in the marsh grass on out on the islands in the ICW. Come on throw the dog a bone and it don't have to have any meat on it

I know you are new to the board but I ain;t gonna let you get away with saying I caught 6 and stop at that, people want you to elaborate just a tad more. Your 2 cents might put the big one in my pot. Just ribbing ya a little.

Tight lines and be safe out there <*)))))>{

Edited by Scott Hobbs - 19 September 2007 at 7:41pm
De Oppresso Liber

JD Dallas View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:26pm

Great Video Tim and those are some big *** Reds Clap 

Nice report Paul !!! Clap

Bonella Time - 23ft Parker
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 11:01pm
THANKS JD JUST FILED FOR THE 8 CITAIONS THIS MORNING Wink GLAD YA LIKED THE VIDEOS I LOVED MAKING THEM NOW IM GONNA INVEST SOON INTO A RECORDER WITH SOUND,A SCREAMING DRAG GIVES ME CHILLS Big%20smile

bbarnes15 View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbarnes15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 11:28pm
Ok Scott Hobbs heres your bone, the drum were caught on an outgoing tide in the Newport River (not in the Haystacks) bait was everywhere and they were extremely aggresive.  I'll elaborate more next time
Pathfinder 2000V Yamaha F115 MKRT 70
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 11:30pm
10-4---Thanks that bone had a lot of meat on it
De Oppresso Liber

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 7:57am
Scott, what are your favorite top water baits, and the colors?
RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 7:58am
Tim may know what others have been using in Queens Creek.
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 7:55pm
Swimming Image, Spit'in Image, Zara Spook, Top Dog or Top Dog Jr, normally I like them with a white belly, orange/red throat if that is an option and a dark color on the back. Any mullet color will do for the topwater experience, sometimes it doesn't matter what you throw they will hit it and others they can be mighty picky.
http://www.lurenet.com/productdetail.aspx?id=7633

Tight lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

dt View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 11:10pm
Dt here,

Coming down from the center of the state dark and early Friday morning.  My 10 year old son and I will be pitching a tent in the Cape hook til Sunday.  My little Carolina Skiff is the "MISS MELISSA."  We only get down a couple of times a year.  Last year was my son's first tent camping trip, first trip to "the island", first time flounder gigging and his first bluefish blitz (35 1 to 2 pounders just as fast as we could go).

On that peaceful Saturday night laying in the tent, he uttered these words, " Dad, you know what would make this even more the best trip ever?  If I could catch my first red drum."

Well God loves his little children! Sunday morning, just after breaking camp, we spent the last few minutes of our trip surf fishing at the rock jetty.  That's right, you guessed it.  My son landed his very first red drum.  26" long.

This past May, he landed his second off of ocracoke. 28" long, I've created a monster!

Anyone in the area of the inside of the hook or the rock jetty side, keep an eye out for "MISS MELISSA."

We'll post a report next week.  God bless and tight lines.
"Rejoice" means Joy times 2
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 12:15am
Thats some good news, glad to hear he got his drum, they only get bigger and better. As he grows he will tend to venture a little more and use the techniques that you teach him now.

Tight lines <*))))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 11:33pm

HAD THE CHANCE LAST NITE TO TAKE MY GOOD FRIEND BROCK SINCLAIRE AND MY SON WAYNE OUT LAST NITE FOR A WET AND INTRESTING NITE OF DRUM FISHING Big%20smile
 WE STARTED ABOUT 7:45 PM AFTER GETTING SOME BAIT AND TALKING TO THE CARE TAKERS AT THE LANDING,BAIT WAS EASY TO GET AND 3 NETS LATER I HAD ENOUGH FOR A LONG WHILE ON THE CREEK,NICE 4 TO 6 INCH MULLETS,FAT BUGGERS AT THAT LOL

AS WE GOT INTO THE FIRST HOLE THE RAIN HAD STARTED UP AND WE ALL GOT INTO OUR RAIN GEAR TO STICK IT OUT AND HOPEFULLY GET SOME DRUM BITE GOING.

AS IT HAPPENED WE NEVER GOT A HIT FROM A DRUM UNTIL CLOSE TO 11 PM AND MY SON BOATED THE FIRST GOOD RED AT 22 INCHES

FOR ANOTHER HOUR OR SO NOTHING Confused WE COULDNT BUY A BITE SO WE KEPT MOVING AROUND SEARCHING FOR SOME MORE ACTION AND I FOUND IT FOR US,IT TOOK AWHILE BUT I WAS ABLE TO LOCATE THEM ON AN INCOMMING TIDE AND WE HAD A BALL FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS,THE BITE WAS HOT AT FIRST THEN SLOWED UNTIL WE WERE READY TO CALL IT A DAY AT 3:40 AM

THIS IS MY FIRST FISH OF THE EVENING AT 21 INCHES,MAN IT SEEMS TO ME THEY PULL HARDER AT NITE OR IM JUST TIRED BY THIS TIME LOL SORRY ABOUT SOME OF THE PICS WITH OUR EYES CLOSED BUT MAN FLASH FROM MY CAMERA BLINDS YA BAD Big%20smile

NOW BROCK FINALLY HOOKS UP,NOT A BIG DRUM BUT A DRUM NEVER THE LESS,BROCK HASNT GOT A SLOT YET THIS YEAR AND I WILL GET HIM ONE SOON,MAYBE TOMORROW MORNING.

SHORTLY AFTER THAT I HOOK UP AGAIN THIS TIME IT FEELS BETTER AND IS RUNNING OFF MY LINE WITH A VENGANCE,GET IT CLOSE TO THE BOAT SEE IT ROLL ONE TIME AND ITS GONE Ouch NOT TO BE DISCURAGED I PUT RIGHT BACK IN THE SAME LOCATION AND BOOM ANOTHER DRAG SCREAMER OR SO IT SEEMED TURNED OUT TO BE A 23 INCHERBig%20smile

I GUESS THE FISH JUST FELT LIKE HITTING MY LINES THAT NITE SINCE AS SOON AS I GOT BACK OUT THIS ONE ,ANOTHER IN THE MID 20'S HITS

THEN ONCE AGAIN BROCK HOOKS UP WITH THIS FISH TO WHICH I STARTED FEELING BAD FOR HIMEmbarrassed BROCK YOU TAKE A GOOD RIBBING FROM ME AND KEEP ON FISHING Wink

THANKS FOR KEEPING THE PUPS BUSY FOR ME THOUGH BROCK LOL

JUST KIDDING BUD YOUR TURNING OUT TO BE THIS YEARS PROBLEM CHILD FOR ME AND NOW IM GONNA HAVE TO PUT MY REP ON THE LINE TO GET YOU INTO A GOOD FISH Wink

THIS WAS THE LAST FISH TO BE CAUGHT BEFORE WE LEFT,WE DID MANAGE TO LOOSE SOME REALLY GOOD FISH THAT NITE EVEN BROCK LOST WHAT HE THINKS WAS HIS SLOT DRUM NOT ONCE BUT 2 TIMES.

ALL IN ALL WE HAD A LONG SLOW PRODUCTIVE NITE AND I THINK NOW THAT THE WATER IS COOLING THE DRUM WILL BE HITTING BETTER IN THE DAY AS WELL AS AT NITE.

NITE FISHING DRUM IS GREAT TO BEAT THE HEAT AND THE DRUM SEEM TO BE VERY AGRESSIVE AT NITE WHEN ITS BRUTAL HOT OUT.

ALL THE FISH WERE CAUGHT ON LIVE MULLET ON A CAROLINA RIG ON BOTH IN GOING AND OUT GOING TIDES WITH A 2\0 CIRCLE HOOK WITH CRIMPED BARBS.

THANKS BROCK FOR GIVING ME THE CHANCE TO GET YOU OUT AND I HOPE TO GET YOU SOME MEMORIES TO THINK ABOUT WHEN YOU GET DEPLOYED SO KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND STAY SAFE SO I CAN GET YOU BACK OUT WHEN YOU RETURN Wink

THE WEATHER WASNT VERY GOOD BUT WE MADE DO WITH IT AND AS THEY SAY THE FISH ARE WET WHAT DO THEY CARE IF WE ARE,THE COMPANY WAS GREAT AND EVEN THOUGH WE DIDNT GET A HOLE LOT OF FISH WE ALL HAD A GOOD NITE FISHING AND SHOOTING THE CRAP Big%20smile

FOR THOSE GOING OUT TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL AND MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE Big%20smile

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 12:46am
Good deal there Tim, see you boys decided to don the wet weather gear, nothing like being wet and cold in the dark fishing.

Standing by waiting for the 30th, right now I have myself, my son, his two buddies wanting to go.

I will bring my boat and the canoe for the boys, they are in it all the time on the river, so this will be a good place for it. I told them we would trade out from the canoe to the boat during the day a couple of times.

Guess we are going to have a fishing excursion.

Tight lines and see ya on the 30th. <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 1:03am
SCOTT,
 WAS THAT YOU THAT CALLED TONITE? I WAS 100 YARDS BEHIND THE HOUSE WHEN YOU OR DENNIS CALLED,WAS GOING FOR DEER WITH THE BOW Wink
 WISH I COULD GET A DEER LIKE I DO DRUM LOL GUESS YA CANT HAVE IT ALL.
 SOUNDS GOOD WITH THE OTHERS GOING,I HAVE ANOTHER BOAT AS WELL IF WE NEED IT SO DONT HESITATE TO ASK ILL HAVE IT READY FOR THAT DAY IF YOU'D LIKE SO LET ME KNOW

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 5:06pm
Wasn't me, might take you up on the other boat and I won;t have to transport the canoe tied to the top of the boat.

Tight lines <*))))))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 6:56pm
 WELL AS YOU KNOW MY REPUTAITON WAS SOME WHAT AT STAKE AFTER THE LAST TRIP WITH BROCK AND MY SON,SINCE BROCK DIDNT MANAGE A SLOT DRUM FOR THAT NITE Confused
 SO I DECIDED TO TRY AND GO FOR A BIT TODAY AND CALLED BROCK AROUND 10:30 AM AND SAID BE THERE IM GOING LOL HE ASKED TO BRING HIS LITTLE MAN WHOM ILL ONLY REFER TO AS LITTLE DRUMMER SINCE I BELIEVE THE SPELLING OF HIS NAME IS IAN BUT IM NOT POSITIVE,IM SURE BROCK WILL LET ME KNOW Embarrassed
 ANY WAYS WE HIT THE CREEK A.S.A.P AND HEADED DOWN TO SOME LIKELY HOLES FOR DRUM,NOT TO MAKE A MISTAKE I DECIDED TO HIT A HOLE BEFORE I HEADED TO THE BACK AND IT PAYED OFF BIG FISH FOR US THIS TIME OUT Clap
 BROCKS FIRST BOAT FISH WAS 22 INCHES ,HIS FIRST SLOT OF THE YEAR AND IT WASNT OVER YET Wink

AFTER ME LOOSING 2 NICE FISH AT THE HOOK UP BROCK HOOKS ANOTHER GOOD FISH AND DOES BATTLE WITH A LINE SCREAMER FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES Big%20smile

THIS FISH WAS 28 1\2 AND HIS FIRST TAGGER ON MY BOAT Clap

NOW ITS TIME FOR LITTLE DRUMMER TO GET SOME ACTION AND IN COMES THIS SWEET 28 INCH TAGGER FOR HIMShocked DAD HELPED OF COURSE BY TIREING THE FISH A LITTLE FIRST FOR HIM ,I BELIEVE HE IS ONLY 4 YEARS OLD Big%20smile

THEN ONCE AGAIN I RE-BAIT AND TOSS A DEAD MULLET ON THE CORK AND SET ANOTHER OUT LIVE WITH THE OTHER ROD,BUT BEFORE I COULD PUT THE OTHER ROD IN THE HOLDER THIS SWEET SPOTTED DRUM TAKES OFF WITH THE CORK AND REALLY SCREAMS MY DRAG FOR A BIT,GOT IT TO THE BOAT AND IT CAUGHT ONE GLIMPSE OF THE BOAT AND TOOK 40 YARDS BACK OUT LOL BUT I WOULD WIN THIS BATTLE THIS TIME,IT WAS 26 INCHES WITH 5 SPOTS ON ONE SIDE SO I GAVE IT A KISS AND KEPT IT FOR THERE DINNER Wink

THIS IS THE STORM MOVING IN ON US AND YES WE GOT A LITTLE WET IN THE PROCESS OF LEAVING BUT NOT REALLY BAD Smile

ONCE AT THE LANDING I GAVE THEM THERE FISH TO TAKE HOME AND GOT ONE LAST PICTURE OF THE 2 HAPPY FISHERMAN

DID SEE DRUMMINATORS CAR THERE BUT HAVE NO IDEAL WHERE HE WAS AT HE WAS STILL OUT WHEN I LEFT AND I HOPE HE HAD SOME GOOD CARMA WITH THE DRUM AND OTHER FISH LIKE WE HAD.

ALL IN ALL WE GOT 5 FISH TO THE BOAT 2 TAGGERS A 25 1\2 AND A 26 1\4 AND A 22,WE ALSO MANAGED TO LOOSE 5 OTHERS TOTAL WELL I KNOW I DID ANYWAYS LOL

BROCK IT WAS GREAT TO HAVE YOU OUT AGAI AND IM GLAD YOU NOT ONLY FINALLY GOT A TAGGER BUT YOUR FIRST SLOT DRUM OF THE YEAR AND I STILL HAVE MY REPUTATION INTACT LOL

ALL THOSE FISH WERE CAUGHT BETWEEN 12PM AND 2 PM 4 HOURS OF FAST FURIOUS FISHING WITH LIVE MULLETS Thumbs%20Up WE HAD A HUGE SCHOOL IN FRONT OF US FOR ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE THE TIDE TURNED IN AND THE DRUM TURNED ON,SOME FISH ARENT PICTURED BECAUSE I CAUGHT THEM AND THIS WASNT ABOUT ME IT WAS FOR BROCK AND HIS SON Wink

BROCK AND LITTLE DRUMMER (IAN) IT WAS A PLEASURE HAVIN YA'LL ABOARD AND I HOPE WE CAN DO IT AGAIN SOME DAY SOON.

FOR ALL THOSE GOING OUT TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YA'LL......MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE Wink

I KNOW WHAT LITTLE DRUMMER IS HAVIN FOR DINNER Big%20smile

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:30pm
GOOD DEAL Tim glad he finally got to feel the raging scream of the drag of the over slot drum and to see he got a few to take home.

But of course, your reps always good with me. I've been there with you buddy and you go to the hilt to try to get someone to catch a fish.

Can't wait until next weekend.

Tight lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:35pm
SCOTT,
 SAME HERE BUD IM ALREADY FEELING THE BURN OF A GOOD DAY DRUMMIN.
 BROCK KNOWS I CAN AND DO PUT EVERYONE I TAKE ON GOOD FISH,BUT HE WAS HAVIN A HARD TIME FINDING A SLOT DRUM AND TODAY HEMANAGED 2 TAGGERS BETWEEN HIM AND HIS NOW 5 YEAR OLD AS OF YESTURDAY.
 WAS GREAT TO HAVE THEM OUT AGAIN Big%20smile WE HAD A SWEET SCHOOL OF BIG DRUM IN FRONT OF US FOR AWHILE AND I HOPE THIS 30TH WILL BE THE SAME Wink ID LIKE TO GET DENNIS ON A TAGGER IF I CAN ,I HAVE 5 TAGS LEFT AND I ORDERED MORE Big%20smile

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:40pm
Would be a great thing if Dennis could be the name on a couple of those tags. Would love to see him on a 30 inch or better drum on the Yak though, bet it would pull him faster than a 3 horse motor.

I have the feeling that with this weather cooling everything and the shorter days the bite will only get better. They are trying to fatten up for the winter.

Tight lines.
De Oppresso Liber

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 11:46pm
SCOTT,
 Thumbs%20Up RIGHT ON THE NOSE MAN THE BAIT WAS THICK AND THE DRUM WERE PUSHING THE WATER AS FAR AS YOU COULD SEE,BAIT IS NO PROBLEM GETTING DAY OR NITE AND THE DRUM ARE COMMING IN AT BIGGER NUMBERS,CAN I GUARENTEE OVER SLOTS? NOT REALLY BUT I CAN SAY WELL GET SLOTS AT LEAST Wink
 I BET DENNIS WOULD HAVE A COW WITH A 30+ PULLING HIM AROUND,IM GLAD HE'LL BE IN MY BOAT IF HE DOES,THIS WAY HE CAN GET USED TO THE PULL OF FISH THAT SIZE,HECK THEY KEPT PULLING MY ANCHORS THEY WERE PULLING SO HARD Wacko

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 10:07pm

ME AND MY SON WENT TO CHECK OUT THE CREEK AGAIN TODAY AND SEE IF THE NETS HAD ANY AFFECT YET ON THE DRUM AND I'M GLAD TO SAY NO Clap
 MUST NOT HAVE CAUGHT TO MANY FISH IN THEM SINCE THEY WERE GONE THIS MORNING WHEN I GOT THERE AND I WAS GLAD Big%20smile
 IT WAS A PRETTY START TO THE DAY AND AFTER A LITTLE CONVINCING ME AND WAYNE HEADED DOWN TO THE CREEK TO GET SOME BAIT AND GO AFTER THE REDS,FIRST PILE OF BAIT WAS A FEW MULLETS AND ONE WELL PLACED NET ON SOME MENHADEN Big%20smile
 NOW WITH A LIVE BAIT FULL OF MENHADEN I HAD NO MORE ROOM FOR MULLETS SO WE HEADED TO WHERE I WAS WITH BROCK ON SATURDAY.
 AS SOON AS WE PULLED INTO THE AREA IT WAS OBVIOUS THERE WAS FISH ACTIVITY SO WE HEADED RIGHT TO THE SPOT AND ANCHORED UP.
 IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG TO GET THE FIRST FISH ON BUT IT WASN'T A DRUM BUT A SWEET 14 1\2 INCH FLOUNDER THAT WAYNE CAUGHT ON A MENHADEN,WE RELEASED THIS ONE TO GET BIGGER Wink

NEXT FISH HOOKED UP IS ANOTHER SWEET FLOUNDER BY WAYNE AT 16 INCHES.

THAT ONE WENT FOR DINNER,MAN IVE HAD SUCH A CRAVIN FOR FISH LATELY I THOUGHT ID GO INSANE SO I KEPT A FEW FOR DINNER TONITE Big%20smile

THE FIRST RED OF THE DAY GOES TO ME AT 23 1\2 INCHES.

THEN ANOTHER AT 30.5 INCHES AND THE FIRST TAGGER I'VE CAUGHT IN THE CREEK SINCE MY 35 Big%20smile

NOT WILLING TO SIT BACK AND WATCH ME CATCH THE REDS WAYNE DECIDES HES GONNA FIGHT ONE TO THE NET AND BEFORE ITS LANDED START ON A SECOND ONE Clap Clap

AND HE JUST GOT DONE COMPLAINING HE WASN'T GETTING ANY LOL BOTH WERE 23 AND 23.5

THE RED GODS MUST HAVE BEEN SMILING ON ME THIS DAY SINCE NOW MY CORK EXPLODES AND I REAL IN THIS BEAST AT 29.5 INCHES AND TAG IT AS WELL,HE MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME AND I HEARD THE WATER EXPLODE AND WHEN I LOOKED BACK HE CAME FOR IT AGAIN AND GOT IT,THEN IT WAS ON HE SCREAMED DRAG FOR 50 YARDS OR SO AND SCREAMED RIGHT BACK AT THE BOAT AND ALMOST UNDER IT BEFORE WE NETTED HIM Big%20smile

WAYNE COMES RIGHT BACK WITH ANOTHER 23 INC CLASS FISH

THEN I RETALIATE WITH THIS BRUTE LOL

THEN A FEW MINUTES LATER I REEL IN A SWEET FLOUNDER OF 17 INCHES Shocked THATS 3 LEGAL FLOUNDER FROM THE SAME SPOT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR Big%20smile

ONCE AGAIN I'M BACK OUT WITH FRESH BAIT AND ANOTHER DRUM Tongue

AFTER THAT AND SOME PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE DOING OR THE NOISE THEY WERE MAKING IN A CANOE THE BITE PRETTY MUCH WAS OVER Cry

I DON'T MIND PEOPLE FISHING WHERE I'M FISHING BUT MAN DON'T CUT THREW THE HOLE IN FRONT OF MY LINES,THERE WAS PLENTY ENOUGH ROOM ON THE BACK SIDE OF US FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE GONE,PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE WHEN MOVING AROUND OTHER FISHERMAN,I WOULD NEVER GO TO THE SIDE WHERE THE RODS ARE POINTING UNLESS THERE WAS NO CHOICE.

DOESN'T MATTER WE HAD OUR FUN AND I CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY WHEN A BUNCH OF US ARE GETTING TOGETHER TO FISH AND FRY AT THE LANDING,ANYONE IS WELCOME TO COME AND SHARE THE DAY JUST SHOOTING THE BULL AND FISHING.

BAIT OF CHOICE TODAY WAS STILL MULLET EVEN WITH ALL THE MENHADEN WE HAD AND OF COURSE 2\0 CIRCLE HOOKS WITH CRIMPED BARBS AND HALF OUNCE SLIDE SINKER.

THE DRUM BITE IS ON AND IN ANY GIVEN DAY WITH SOME TIME PUT INTO IT YOU COULD EASILY HAVE A DOUBLE DIGIT DAY Big%20smile

FOR ALL THOSE GOING OUT TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE Wink

TOTAL FOR THE DAY

3 FLOUNDER

8 REDS 

Clap CANT ASK FOR ANY THING BETTER NOW I'M GONNA FINISH MY FRESH FISH NUGGETS WHILE READING POST Big%20smile

TailingRed View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TailingRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 11:17pm
Pretty work Pierman! I Love seeing the flounder.
16' Sandpiper Skiff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 196>
  Share Topic