FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 196>
Author
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 8:32pm
Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up VERY NICE CHUCK,ILL GET MY TURN SOME DAY Wink WHEN I GET BACK ON MY FEET ILL HAVE TO BUY A BIGGER BOAT MAYBE LOL
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 8:33pm
Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up VERY NICE CHUCK,ILL GET MY TURN SOME DAY Wink WHEN I GET BACK ON MY FEET ILL HAVE TO BUY A BIGGER BOAT MAYBE LOL

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 11:24am
Maybe we need an "Official Red Fish Report 2" or is it OK to keep this one going. I have only caugt my 3rd redfish so far, but I'm after a  lot more.  Got into it quite by accident, but I am hooked now.
PiratesAboard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiratesAboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 11:52am
Good job Dennis. It's easy to be hooked on these fighters. Continued best to you.
"Winners win, and losers make excuses. It's as simple as that." Joe Garagiola
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 12:47am
DENNIS,
 ID LIKE TO SEE THIS THREAD STAY AND SEE HOW FAR WE CAN GET IT IN THIS YEAR NOT SURE HOW MANY PAGES WE CAN GET IT BUT IM GONNA KEEP TRYING FOR SURE.
 YOU MAY HAVE ONLY CAUGHT THREE SO FAR BUT THERE IS PLENTY MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM JUST BE PATIENT FALL IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER MY FRIEND AND BY WHAT IVE BEEN SEEING AND HEARING IN THE CREEK THE BIG BOYS ARE FILLING IN SLOW BUT SURE Wink

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 11:36am
PiratesAboard, thianks for the encouragement.  If I keep at it, I will eventually catch a large one.
RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 11:43am
Tim, I'll just keep posting to this one when I have something to post. I still don't have a digital camera yet, but I will get one sometimes in the future. I am happy with the 3 I have caught. I believe I would have caught more if I had been more familiar with the circle hooks. So far, when I've caught fish, and caught more than one, they all seem to be caught within minutes of each other. I just have to be there when the fishing turns on.  If the weather is OK this coming weekend, I will be there on saturday morning.  After then, iot will be the 30th of Sept before I can go again.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 1:02pm
DENNIS,
 THEN MAKE OUR TRIP FOR THE 30TH Wink ILL MAKE SURE YOU CATCH PLENTY OF DRUM,ITS A LITTLE EASIER FROM THE BOAT SINCE I DONT HAVE TO PADDLEBig%20smile

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 1:11pm
Tim, lets plan on that  date. I'll just be back from a long drive on the day before, but I should be able to do it.  I'll email you and we can make plans.
RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 1:12pm
I can also help you with unloading and loading the boat.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 1:13pm
Wink THE BOAT COMES OFF REAL EASY DENNIS JUST PLAN ON A RELAXING DAY OF FISHING AND ILL DO THE REST Big%20smile

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 1:19pm
Sounds good Tim, but what if you teach me too well and I catch more and bigger fish than you. U wouldn't thow me overboard, Naaaah.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 9:07pm
LOL IF I THREW YA OVER BOARD THEN ID HAVE TO GET WET TO GET YA BACK IN LOL
 BUT WHEN IM FISHING IM HARDLY EVER DRY LONGWink

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 7:49am
Tim, you have a point there.  Getting wet isn't always an option when you have a kayak, but I try to stay as dry as possible so I can get back in my truck at the end of the day.
Grizz1754 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizz1754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 12:49pm
Does anyone know if Gabriel affected any of the Red fishing back in the beaufort area. I know I had and unbelievable day over labor day weekend and planned on heading back there this weekend but I was not sure what the weather has been like out there due to Gabriel.
thanks
Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 4:18pm
I can't imagine it had much effect at all.  Labor Day Sunday had stronger winds than yesterday, IMO.  Regardless of what TWC/CNN/every TV station led you to believe, there was nothing stormy about T.S. Gabrielle.
stiner19er View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiner19er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 4:42pm
Grizz1754,
I think the Reds are still out there and just as hungry. I fished some marshes near Beaufort Inlet this morning for a few hours. While the wind was up a bit making the fishing a little harder, I did manage 3 reds. They all hit hard. I saw about a dozen and spooked some too. Get out there!

-Stiner19er
Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 9:38pm
stiner that one is full of specks, that just adds character to them.

Tight lines and be safe out there <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
Reakin Havoc View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reakin Havoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 12:44am
Nice catch stiner!!Star,  
      Pierman, where do you get those tags from?? I would like to have them onboard.  Can you tag any drum? What are the requirements??
2100CC Sea Pro 150 Yamaha 4 stroke. Good fishing to all!!!
jaybyrd View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybyrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 2:08am

PRETTY RED STINER.,,,CAN'T WAIT TILL FRI. MAYBE I'LL GET INTO SOME

YEA I GIG!!, AND LOVE IT!!
HAPPY FISHING, JAY B.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 12:11am

R-H,

CHECK YOUR PM I SENT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR GOOD LUCK Thumbs%20Up

STINGER,
 SWEET MULTYED SPOT RED KEEP THOSE PICS COMMING Clap Clap

jonny Tyler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny Tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 3:17am
Folks

I am comin out of Aurora (near Indian Island) tell me how to get to those guys and what to use so I don't kill the environment with gas and stupid bait!!!!      :)   :)      Pierman???????  :)
Grizz1754 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizz1754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 12:20pm
I usually put in right there of hwy 70 in beaufort and fish the banks to the north. If you can find shrimp then you will find the Red's. I never use anything but the ole Red Fish Magic and dont plan on switching anytime soon. good luck, the Red's have been great this fall
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:49am
CREEK FINALLY TODAY AND THE DRUM DIDN'T LET US DOWN Wink
 SCOTT BEAT ME TO THE CREEK BY ABOUT 15 MINUTES OR SO SINCE I KINDA FELL BACK TO SLEEP FROM YESTERDAYS TRIP,WIFE WAKES ME SAYS THE PHONE WAS RINGING LOL SO I GET UP AND CALL SCOTT WHO IS NOW AT B.K GETTING BREAKFAST AND I TELL HIM GIVE ME 15 AND ILL BE THERE,LOAD BOAT AND MAKE SURE GEAR IS READY AND I HEAD DOWN TO MEET UP AND GIVE THE DRUM A SHOT.
 GET THERE SCOTT IS CASTING FROM THE BANK AND I SAY LET ME UNLOAD GET SOME BAIT AND WELL HIT IT,SO I DO ALL THAT AND GET THE NET OUT AND SCOTT GETS HIS AND BEGINS CASTING FOR BAIT WITH ME,WAS GREAT NOT TO HAVE TO DO IT ALL BUT THATS WHY I GO OUT SO ALL WAS GOOD.
 HALF HOUR LATER TIDE IS STILL FALLING WE LOAD UP AND HEAD DOWN TO OUR FIRST HOLE WHICH DOESN'T PRODUCE US NOTHING AND BY THE WAY WE ALSO HAD THE PLEASURE OF RUNNING INTO ROUSED WITH HIS YAK AND WE PRETTY MUCH STAYED TOGETHER FOR A BIT.
 WE HEAD OVER TO A SECOND HOLE AFTER THE TIDE HAD TURNED AND WAS COMING IN AND WE SET UP AND NOT TOO LONG AFTER CASTING OUT I GET A BITE IN WHICH TURNS OUT TO BE A STINGRAY Confused NOT WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR BUT IT WAS BETTER THAN NOTHING,LONG STORY SHORT AFTER LIKE 4 RAYS WE HIT ANOTHER HOLE AND I HAD A BRIEF HOOK UP FOR ALL OF 5 SECONDS AND THINGS CHANGED FOR US AS I LOOKED UP THE CREEK AND TOLD SCOTT WE WERE ABOUT TO GET WET AND THERE WAS RAIN GEAR UP FRONT WITH HIM IF HE NEEDED IT,HE CHOSE TO GET WET LIKE I DID AND ROUSED WAITED A LITTLE TOO LONG TO PUT HIS ON AND GOT WET AS WELL LOL
 WE LEFT THAT HOLE AND WENT TO ANOTHER AND IT WAS LIKE AS IF THE CLOCK TURNED BACK,IT STOPPED RAINING THE SUN CAME OUT AND THE FISH WERE ACTIVE,SEEN ONE SCHOOL OFF THE BANK TOLD SCOTT TO CAST OVER TO THE AREA AND MINUTES LATTER SCOTT IS FIGHTING A SWEET DRUM OF ABOUT 20 INCHES OR SO,I NEVER MEASURED IT BUT I KNOW IT WAS AT LEAST 20 SINCE WHEN ON MY LIVE WELL IT HUNG OVER JUST A TAD Wink

THEN A FEW MINUTES LATER I COUNTER WITH THIS NICE 22 INCHER Wink

I TRYED TO HAND OFF TO SCOTT BUT HE WASN'T HAVIN NONE OF IT Confused HE TOLD ME TO REEL THE FISH IN.

SO THEN A BIT LATER SCOTT TIES INTO THIS FINE FISH........

IT MAY HAVE BEEN SMALL BUT IT HAD PLENTY OF SPOTS Big%20smile GOOD HEALTHY FAT STOCK FOR NEXT YEARS FISHERYWink

NEXT SCOTT GETS A SCREAMER FROM THE SAME AREA AFTER WE SAW IT SCHOOL OFF THE BANK AND THIS ONE WAS A TAGGER AT 27 INCHES AND 14 INCH GIRTH Clap

OK I KNOW IT LOOKS BAD WITH THE BLOOD AND ALL FROM THE TAG BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY IT BLED LIKE THAT,ITS THE FIRST ONE TO DO IT AND I TAG THEM ALL IN THE SAME AREA,SWAM OFF FINE I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY Embarrassed

NOT TO OUT DONE I COUNTER WITH ANOTHER SLOT DRUM AT 23 INCHES I THINK LOL

AND ANOTHER IN THE 20'S

AND BY THE WAY WE CAUGHT A SECOND LOAD OF BAIT AND MOVED TO ANOTHER SPOT Wink DIDN'T WANT TO WEAR OUT THE HONEY HOLE LOL

SCOTT AND I SET UP AND IT TAKES A BIT BUT SCOTT MANAGES TO LAND THIS SWEET RED AT 32 INCHES TO FINISH THE DAY OFF WITHClap Clap

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE I'M NOT ALLOWED TO POST THAT PICK SINCE I KEEP GETTING ACCESS DENIED MESSAGE ONLY MEMBERS WITH SUFFICIENT PERMISSION CAN ACCESS THIS PAGE Confused ILL HAVE TO LOAD THIS ONE ANOTHER WAY SORRY SCOTTThumbs%20Down

ILL BE BACK TO DO IT IN A FEW FOR NOW ENJOY Wink

OK WENT BACK TO TRUST PHOTO BUCKET AND DONE THE DEED,HERE IS SCOTT WITH HIS 32 INCHER FROM START TO FINISH Wink

AFTER THAT IT WAS ONE MORE HOLE AND GET HOME TO TAKE THE MRS SHOPPING FOR GROCERY'S BEFORE I GOT BEHEADED,PLUS I WAS STILL WORN OUT FROM THE DAY BEFORE AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO HUNT YET WITH MY SON WHICH NEVER HAPPENED Confused

SCOTT MY FRIEND IT WAS GREAT TO FINALLY MEET YOU AND TAKE YOU OUT ON MY LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN,I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT AS MUCH AS I DID DESPITE THE RAIN AND I WAS HONORED TO HAVE YOU ABOARD,LEASE COME BACK ANOTHER TIME AND BRING YOUR SON,YOUR A FIRST RATE CLASS ACT AND I'M PROUD TO CALL YOU FRIENDWink

SORRY I DIDN'T GET US A DOUBLE DIGIT DRUM DAY BUT AT LEAST FOR YOUR FIRST TIME WITH ME YOU GOT TO TAG 2 SWEET QUEENS CREEK DRUM Clap

THATS ALL FOR NOW FOLKS ,FOR THOSE VENTURING OUT TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL AND MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE Big%20smile

NOT BAD DAY SCOTT 7 DRUM 5 RAYS Thumbs%20Up

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:53am
JOHNY TYLER,
 JUST USE MULLET OR MANHADDEN LIVE OR DEAD DOESNT REALLY MATTER IF THERE AROUND ,IF YOUR NEAR ANY OYSTER BARS OR ISLANDS THAT IS THE SPOT TO START LOOKING CAST TO THE POINTS WHERE THE TIDE IS GOING PAST AND WAIT Wink
 IM NOT SURE WHERE YOUR AT SINCE IM STRICKLY A QUEENS CREEK FISHERMAN BUT IM SURE IF YOU CHECK THE BAYS AND SLOUGHTS YOULL FIND DRUM JUST LOOK FOR SOME TYPE OF STRUCTURE DOCKS OYSTER BEDS AND ISLANDS AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE Wink

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:57am
WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT TODAY WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE SO FAR.
 I GOT TO NOT ONLY FISH WITH MY WIFE BUT MY SON WAYNE AS WELL,SORTA A DOUBLE CELEBRATION OF SORTS,TOMORROW 9 YEARS AGO I MET MY WIFE AND MY SONS BIRTHDAY WAS ON THE 6TH HES NOW 31.
 SO WE DECIDED ,WELL I DECIDED TO TREAT THEM TO SOME OF NORTH CAROLINAS MOST SOUGHT AFTER FISH THE BULL DRUM Big%20smile
 THIS TRIP WAS TO US A DREAM FISHING TRIP THAT WE'VE DREAMED OF SINCE WE MOVED HERE AND ON SHORT NOTICE I WAS ABLE TO GET A TOP NOTCH GUIDE AND HUMAN BEING CAPTAIN BRYAN GOODWIN OF NATIVEGUIDE SERVICE,AND LET ME TELL YOU THIS HE DIDN'T LET US DOWN Clap
 WE FINALIZED THE TRIP LAST NITE AND EVEN WITH THE WEATHER NOT LOOKING SO HOT WE WERE RAREING TO GO AND SO WAS NATIVE GUIDE.
 WE MET UP BY 10 AM AND WE WERE ROLLING NOT TOO LONG AFTER THAT,BRYAN'S BOAT WAS ONE OF THE SWEETEST RIDES IVE HAD SO FAR SINCE I'VE BEEN HERE AND THE MRS DIDN'T HAVE A LICK OF TROUBLE OUT THERE,SHE LOVED THE RIDE OUT.
 WE WENT TO THE MOUTH OF THE NUESE RIVER AND AS WE GOT CLOSE TO WHERE WE WERE GOING WE STARTED TO CATCH BAIT,BRIAN GOT THE FIRST NET FULL OF MENHADEN AND THEN I ASKED FOR THE PRIVILEGE TO TAKE OVER CATCHING THE BAIT Big%20smile
WITH HIS BLESSING I DID JUST THAT WHILE HE MANEUVERED US TO BAIT AND AFTER A FEW FAILED ATTEMPTS,I FINALLY STARTED TO GET BAIT IN THE WELL WITH THE LAST TWO TOSSES BEING THE BEST BAIT WISE LOL
 NOW IT WAS TIME TO GO AGAIN AND SET UP WHICH TOOK ALL OF ABOUT 15 MINUTES,ME AND MY SON HELPED RIG LINES AND BAIT UP AS WE SET OUT 5 RODS IN A NICE SPREAD,WIND WAS BREEZY BUT ACCEPTABLE TO SAY THE LEAST AND THE SUN WAS SHINNING MOST OF THE TRIP Thumbs%20Up
 THE 15 MINUTES IT TOOK TO MAKE THE SPEAD DIDN'T LET US DOWN AS THE FIRST 10 MINUTES SHOWED US HE HAD PUT US RIGHT ON THE FISH WHEN THE FIRST ROD SLAMMED OVER Clap BUT PULLED FREE WITHOUT GETTING THE HOOK Confused
 BRING IT IN RESET IT AND BACK OUT AND WITHIN 5 OR TEN MINUTES ON THE LINE GOES SCREAMING OFF THE ROD AND MRSNCPIERMAN IS UP AND SCRAMBLING FOR THE ROD.
 THE LOOK ON HER FACE WHEN SHE FELT THE WEIGHT OF THIS FISH WAS PRICELESS AND IF NOTHING MORE HAPPENED THE REST OF OUR TRIP IT WOULD'VE BEEN FINE BY ME Big%20smile
 15 MINUTES LATER SHE LANDS THE FIRST BIG FISH OF THE DAY AT 48.5 INCHES WITH A 26.5 GIRTH AND I BELIEVE 2 SPOTS ON EACH SIDE JUST WHAT SHE WANTED Clap

THIS IS THE START OF THE TRIP AND THEN HER FISH WITH CAPT.BRYAN HANDING IT TOO HER FOR THE PICK Wink

AFTER THE PICKS IT WAS TAGGED AND RELEASED SINCE CAPT.BRYAN WAS GLAD TO HAVE ME BRING MY TAG'S ALONG IN HOPES OF TAGGING A SWEET DRUM Clap

AFTER ANOTHER MISSED HIT THINGS GOT WIRY TO SAY THE LEAST,THE NEXT HOOK UP WAS NONE OTHER THAN A DOUBLE HOOK UP AND FROM WHAT CAPT TOLD ME IT WAS HIS FIRST FOR THE YEAR Clap GLAD IT WAS WITH THE PIERMAN'S LOL THIS DOUBLE WAS HOOKED UP BY MRSNCP AND OUR SON HIS NAME HERE IS DRUMHUNTER Thumbs%20Up

I DIDN'T GET TO MANY STILLS OF THESE FISH SINCE I HAVE THEM BOTH ON VIDEO AT THE TIME AND ILL BE WORKING ON GETTING THEM UP AND OUT TO ALL TO SEE THE THRILL WE SHARED Wink

NEXT UP WAS MY TURN SINCE NOW THEY BOTH HAD AT LEAST ONE FISH APIECE AND THE MRS WAS UP BY ONE FISH OVER US BOTH Big%20smile

HER SECOND FISH BY THE WAY CAME AS WAYNE GOT HIS AND SHE STARTED TO GO TO WARDS HIM AND HER TICA ROD BENT OVER AND SLAPPED HER IN THE HEAD AS TO SAY HEY WAIT I'M HERE LOL

BOTH THOSE FISH WERE AS FOLLOWS>>WAYNE'S 46.5 WITH GIRTH BEING 26.5..........MRSNCP'S WAS 47.5 AND GIRTH OF 26.5 Clap

MY FIRST FISH WAS ALL THOUGH IMPRESSIVE SMALL IN SIZE IT WAS 42.5 WITH A GIRTH OF 22 INCHES Embarrassed AND A VERY UNIQUE SPOT ON THE TAIL Big%20smile

THE NEXT FISH WENT TO WAYNE AGAIN WITH A MEASUREMENT OF 38 INCHES AND 22 INCH GIRTH Big%20smile

SO MANY FISH WERE CAUGHT TODAY I KNOW HARDLY WHERE TO KEEP GOING LETS JUST SAY THAT OUR DREAMS CAME TRUE TODAY WITH THE HELP OF A VERY GREAT PERSON AND GUIDE BEFORE I STOP THIS THERE WAS NOT ONLY ONE DOUBLE ON THE BOAT TODAY OUR LAST FISH CAUGHT WAS ANOTHER DOUBLE HEADER BY ME AND MY SON WAYNE WITH MEASUREMENTS OF WAYNE'S BEING.......46 1\4....GIRTH 25.........MINE WAS 47 1\4....GIRTH 26 Thumbs%20Up

THIS AS I SAID WAS A DREAM TRIP FOR US AND CAPTAIN BRYAN GOODWIN MADE IT ALL COME TRUE FOR US,THANK YOU CAPT FOR THE PRIVILEGE AND HONOR OF BEING GUIDED AND FISHING WITH YOU AND MOST OF ALL FOR LETTING US BE US AND KINDA TAKIN OVER YOUR BOAT BAIT AND GEAR Wink WOULDN'T HAVE HAD IT ANY OTHER WAY Clap

YOUR NOT FISHING TILL YOUR SLIMMED UP AND STINKIN LIKE A FISH LOL

FOLKS IF YOU NEVER HAD THE CHANCE TO DO THIS TYPE OF FISHING BELIEVE YOU ME THE RATE IS VERY RIGHT AND IF CAPTAIN GOODWIN HAS ANY THING TO DO WITH IT YOU'LL GET EVERY PENNIES WORTH IN FISH TIME AND ADVENTURE AS WELL AS KNOWLEDGE Wink

I'M REALLY BEAT AT THE MOMENT,YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THERE POWER IS UNTIL YOU CATCH THEM ON A LIGHT ROD,THEY WILL WEAR YA OUT FAST Wink

CAPT,GOODWIN I HOPE THE REEL THAT GOT SMOKED FROM MY ONE FISH IS FIXABLE,AT LEAST IT DIDN'T GIVE OUT TILL IT WAS LANDED,WHICH REMINDS ME AS HE ATTEMPTED TO FIX THE REEL HE THREW OUT TO SEE IF HE COULD GET IT BACK WITH THE BAIT STILL ON AND AS HE WAS HAND WINDING THE LINE BACK ANOTHER DRUM HIT NEAR THE BOAT BUT SINCE THE DRAG WOULDN'T WORK AND THE REEL WOULDN'T WIND IT SNAPPED OFFConfused

I'M GONNA WORK ON THE VIDEOS AND TRY TO GET THEM UP I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE ENJOYED READING THIS AS MUCH AS WE DID GETTING IT MADE,OUR ONCE IN A LIFE TIME TRIP WAS VERY VERY MEMORABLE TO SAY THE LEAST AND MAKE SURE IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TRIP CALL CAPT GOODWIN ,HE WONT SELL YA SHORT Wink

TOTAL FOR THE DAY WAS 9 OLD DRUM WITH 2 SETS OF DOUBLES WHAT MORE COULD YA ASK FOR Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up NATIVEGUIDE IS  Star Star Star Star Star IN MY BOOKS THANKS AGAIN CAPTAIN BRYAN GOODWIN FOR YOUR FINE GUIDANCE AND HOSPITALITY Clap

WELL FOR THOSE GOING OUT TODAY OR TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL,MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE Wink

HERE IS ONE LINK TO THE FIRST DOUBLE HEADER..................>

ENJOY I KNOW I DID Big%20smile

RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:07am
Tim, I saw where you guys were, but I decided to try elsewhere. I felt you must be catching fish because i did see you come out of the area you were in.  I did not get another bite from a drum after what I thought was one when you saw me. It pulled my kayak very good. I thought I had a good hookup, but the line suddenly went slack. I started reeling in, but it didn;t seem like I had a fish. I realized I still had it on when the line went in the opposite direction as it approached the boat. Next time, I'll know to reel in much faster. That was the one that got away. I enjoyed seeing you and meeting Scott, I sort of cheated and started using a jig with a Gulp schrimp on it. I caught 2 really nice specs, despite geting tangled in everything possible. The 1st fish, I saw an oyester bar and paddled to it to put that fish in my ice chest. It is in ethe very back of the yak, so I have to get out to gain access to it. I should have just let that one stay in the boat. I feel I could have caught at least 5 if I had just kept on while they were biting. Live and learn.
RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 9:09am
Scott Hobbs, very nice meeting you. It is fun to see people that you get to know a bit on ncwaterman.
RouseD View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RouseD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:07pm
Tim, I just watched your vid. It was awesome. Congratulations to you all.
Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2007 at 12:43pm
Thanks Dennis glad to meet you also, maybe you should have leap frogged islands with us. We finally hit an area that held a lot of fish and we could see them moving bait on the edges of the islands or hear them busting bait. Then we eased over towards them, anchored and put the baits out.

Hook ups were rock solid no messing around.

Couldn't ask for a better fishing partner or day on the water. Thanks again Tim had a blast.

What day is the 30th might be our next meeting, have to check the calendar might hook up with you guys and bring my boat and the boy, he is already on me to go to the Queen.

Tight lines and be safe out there <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 196>
  Share Topic