FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 196>
Author
free2fish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote free2fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 5:18pm
Wow, wish my list of "things to do" on Sat included fishing with you!  Hope you left some for me at Spot X.     
"Friends are the only thing you got; have a drink" Bear
Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 8:57pm
Redfish, glad to see that you finally got one posted, its been a long ride trying to get you posted

Now that you have it mastered you won't mind showing some of those monsters you catch

What do you think there Pierman.

Tight lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 9:59pm
I AGREE SCOTT,I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE OF REDFISH'S DRUM HE CATCHES Wink
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
JD Dallas View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 8:46pm
Finally got in on the Redfish acton. Caught this 19in one on finger mullet out of Morehead today. 

Bonella Time - 23ft Parker
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 9:13pm
ClapClap WAY TO GO JD NICE RED YA GOT THERE Wink

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 9:22pm
Those that persivere will show a drum

That rascal's speckled all up the side

Tight lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

Natural Fly View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natural Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 8:55pm
Can someone help me find a bowl for my new pet goldfish??
I'm just a squirrel surrounded by nuts
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 9:00pm
Nice red How big????????????

Throw him in that big pond behind you.

Tgiht lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:09am
Thanks guys.  Scott and NCpierman are the masters of the reds these days.  I want to go to Oriental and catch some of those big reds!  Nice catch Natural Fly!
Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:15am
Nice job on the reds JD, Mal Pais, and stiner19, and Natural Fly.   You guys are kickin A.
leeroy View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 12:54am

My first memories are that of fishing, they do and shall always bring me happiness beyond description.  So every chance I get I take others fishing with me just to see the look on their faces when they hook into to a line ripper.

Recently I stumbled into a spot so overwhelmingly filled with drum it is shoulder to fin with slots and behemoths.  It can only be accessed by kayak because of the extremely shallow water and oyster shells stacked up just below the clear water.

I have fished there 4 weekends in a row, twice a day, and maxed out each time, only bringing back one for dinner.  I have caught as many as 9 all over 25" in a single morning, but never fewer than 2 in the slot.  To release two or three over 27" is a par day.  I have only shared this spot with the fondest of company, and they have all taken a solemn vow of secrecy in order to preserve this magical place of boy hood dreams.  If the word ever got out this place of plenty would dwindle to nothing and the joy of having your kayak towed around by one of these red monsters die along with it.

These secrets we fishermen keep are something much bigger than just a spot we will not share.  It is a place we take only our best friends to in order to share a bond, a gift, and an experience that lasts a life time.

I will take my camera next time and post not only the pictures of my obsession, but the pictures of the faces of those that share this wonderful place holding their reward for keeping the secret.

LeeRoy

Lifes good fish and enjoy it.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 1:00am
NATURAL FLY,
 TONITE I GOT MY BIGGEST DRUM TO DATE NOT AS BIG AS YOURS AND SOME OF THE OTHERS BUT BIG ENOUGH FOR ME FOR NOW,I WANT A CITATION DRUM AND IM SURE ILL GET ONE SOME DAY BUT ILL DEAL WITH THEM LIKE THIS WHEN THEY COME ALONG Wink

THESE ARE 2 I CAUGHT TONITE USEING FRESH LIVE MULLET MINUS A TAIL ON THEM THE TOP ONE WAS 34.5 AND THE BOTTOM WAS 23 OR CLICK THIS LINK AND SEE IF THE DRUM WAS 35 ?

carolinaboy224 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolinaboy224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 1:07am
Way to go ncpierman. Nice pics and congrats on your personal best to date.
Sea Hunt 232 CC 225 hp Yammaha 4 Stroke "Four Play"

Carolina Skiff 18 JVX 70 hp Suzuki
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 1:11am
Wink THANKS CAROLINABOY MAN WHAT A FIGHT ITS ONE I WONT SOON FORGETLOL INSTINCT PAYS OFF MOST OF THE TIME FOR ME Thumbs%20Up

Natural Fly View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natural Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 10:30am
I was invited out with Neusefisher last Friday night. We went 5 for 5.
 This one broke a boat rod and I had to land it with nothing more than the reel seat.

My first citation!Thumbs%20Up
I'm just a squirrel surrounded by nuts
paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 11:22am
You guys are really kickin redfish butt!
Nice going JD and PIERMAN.  Looks like I need to stop chasing the trout.
"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 2:29pm

Hey guys  Droppin in again what else can i say but NICE FISH!!! I might have to re up and get stationed in NC again if you guys keep this up! Lets just say Florida is HOTTT and HUMID!!!

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 3:11pm
 HERE IS 3 MORE TAGGER DRUM FROM LAST NITES TRIP WITH MY SON WAYNE WHO CAUGHT ALL THE ONES WE TAGGED Wink

27 INCHES 14 INCH GIRTH

28.5 INCHER WITH 14 1\2 GIRTH

21 INCHER MY ONLY FISH OF THE NITE BESIDES STINGRAYS

AND FINALLY THE BIGGEST OF THE NITE A 29 INCHER WITH 14 1\2 GIRTH

NOT A GREAT NITE BUT DEFINETLY NOT A BAD NITE

FOR ALL THOSE GOING OUT TODAY OR TONITE TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE Wink

ALL FISH WERE TAGGED AND RELEASED UNHARMEDBig%20smile

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 3:09pm

HAD A CHANCE TO GET MY WIFE OUT LAST NITE FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER GETTING SOME BAIT.

WE WENT DOWN THE CREEK TO WERE IVE BEEN FINDING THE TAGABLE DRUM AT AND TRYED OUR LUCK.
 AFTER A NICE SIZE STINGRAY AND A FEW MISSED FISH SHE MANAGED TO PULL THIS 21 INCH DRUM IN ON ONE OF MY RODS SINCE I WAS BUSY GETTING HER A NEW HOOK ON Wink
 SHE IS RIGHT HANDED BUT REELS WITH HER RIGHT HAND INSTEAD OF HER LEFT SO IT WAS A LITTLE RUFF ON HER TO SAY THE LEAST PLUS THIS 21 INCHER HIT LIKE A WHALE AND PEELED LINE LIKE IT WAS NOBODYS BUSINESS Big%20smile

THE TIDE WAS GOING OUT WHEN WE GOT THERE AND IT WAS A LITTLE WINDY NOT TOO BAD BUT HARD TO SEE WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

THIS FISH HAD BEEN CAUGHT 2 OTHER TIMES BY THE LOOKS OF ITS MOUTH YA THINK IT WOULDVE LEARNED THE FIRST 2 TIMES LOL

IT WASNT LONG BEFORE DARK WAS HERE SO WE HUNG OUT A LITTLE LONGER SINCE SHE DOESNT LIKE BEING ON THE WATER AFTER DARK TOO MUCH,WORST PART WAS THE TIDE HAD JUST SWITCHED AND I KNOW SHE WOULDVE FOUND A TAGGER DRUM LAST NITE Wink

WELL THATS IT FOR NOW THE PIERMAN GOT SKUNKED BUT THE BOAT DIDNT THATS WHAT COUNTS TO MEBig%20smile

TO ALL THOSE GOING OUT TONITE OR TOMORROW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL AND MOST OF ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE,ITS GONNA BE A LONG WEEKEND WITH ALOT OF BOATERS AND YAHOO'S

drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 5:26pm
Thumbs%20Up way to go pierman, thanks for the report.

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 5:38pm
DRUMCHASER,
 THANKS FOR LOOKING,I GOTTA MAKE MY OWN POST BUT I PROMISED TO KEEP THIS ONE GOING AS WELL Wink

JD Dallas View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 10:37pm
Nice work Tim, those are some pretty Drum !
Bonella Time - 23ft Parker
Grizz1754 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grizz1754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2007 at 10:53pm
went to Beaufort Friday and killed em. I landed 19 Red's on red fish magic. all were between 23 and 27 inches and with some serious shoulder. Probably the best day I have ever had on the water, I had to shut it down because I was just plain sore. I will try to get some pics up, but the only pics I have are on my cell because I ended up going by myself.
MAYCRAFT1800 View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAYCRAFT1800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2007 at 1:08am

How long do the giant drum stay in the Pamlico before they head back to sea?  I have had good luck the past two weekends fishing around Rose Bay.

ECU1
PiratesAboard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiratesAboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 2:50am
Three weeks ago, following our Troop Day, I made contact with a charter I have met at the Saltwater Seminars I have attended these past few years. I was planning to pull my own boat down east for the holiday weekend, but my soon to be married daughter changed our Monday plans when she asked Mom and I meet the proposed reception people, ceremony people and places, etc.... That cut out 1/2 of my planned water time so I took a chance I could spend about the same money and be taken out by an expert. My brother in law Frank who fishes many adventures with me (Canada, HP's tourneys, etc ) and his wife (my wife's sister) stayed with us over the weekend, and Frank and I went out Saturday afternoon and early evening.
We had the greatest experience anyone could hope for. A superb captain, a seasonal target that makes every muscle of your upper body sore, but I am still buzzing.. For reasons obvious in avoiding any conflicts I refrain here from naming our charter, however I can say I wish I were back on his boat this Weds-Friday as George Poveromo will be chasing the same redfish monsters we had the pleasure to target and catch. I also cannot seem to post pictures on the site, so I added this adventure to my personal site for your personal pleasure.... I'm ready to go back..... I think you would be too. Enjoy.
http://pic1.piczo.com/sccafoolishrat/?g=29771111&cr=1&vsrc=preview
"Winners win, and losers make excuses. It's as simple as that." Joe Garagiola
Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2007 at 2:53pm
Scored a 22"er yesterday morning.  Marine Patrol came up as we were boating the fish.  I appreciate the job they do, but they are not the quietest folks you'll encounter.  I would have snapped a picture of the fish, but with the DMF tied up to your boat, a stressed-out red in the net, the camera was the last thing on my mind.  After the cursory fish license check and release of the fish, they gunned it as they were leaving and the bite turned off.  With not much time to fish and the Labor Day yahoos busily filling the creek and running aground, we called it an early day.

Edited by Mal_Pais - 04 September 2007 at 2:55pm
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:53am
CHUCK,
 NOW THAT IS SOME FINE DRUM FISHING RIGHT THERE,ONE DAY ILL GET THERE FOR A CITATION DRUM,ITS MY DREAM TO HAVE ME MY WIFE AND SON CATCH JUST ONE OF THOSE MONSTERS SO I CAN SAY I HAVE DONE IT.
 IM STILL TRYING TO GET MY WIFE A 27 INCHER OR BIGGER,I TOLD HER WHEN SHE DOES WELL GET A REPLICA OF IT DONE FOR HER.
 HOW MANY CITATIONS DID YOU ALL GET THAT DAY FOR DRUM?

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:57am
MAL_PAIS,
 SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ENCOUNTER BEING SO BAD WITH THEM,I HAVE BEEN CHECK A NUMBER OF TIMES ON THE CREEK AND HAVE NEVER HAD BUT THE UT MOST CURTISY FROM THEM AND HAVE NEVER HAD THEM GUN AWAY,HECK IVE EVEN HAD THE PEOPLE ABOARD KEEP FISHING LOL
 I GUESS I WOULD CHALK IT UP TO THEM GETTING RIGHT ON THE YAHOO'S OUT THAT DAY.
 CONGRATS ON THE NICE 22 INCHER THOUGH Thumbs%20Up

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:58am
GRIZZ1754,
 CONGRATS ON A FINE DAY AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD KEEP THE REPORTS COMMING Wink

PiratesAboard View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PiratesAboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 11:50am
Tim, the 6 we brought into the boat for quick pics and safe return for another day were all citations. The 1 I lost we do not know how big, it did not act any different than the others aside from finding his own secret early release mechanism.
"Winners win, and losers make excuses. It's as simple as that." Joe Garagiola
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 196>
  Share Topic