FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 196>
Author
fishinAA View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishinAA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 11:16pm
thanks guys. we hope to bring it back to nc. we are on some big schools down here of 15-30" fish. potluck what size you catch before they get skittish which is quickly when they are that bunched up especially on low water. plus with a lot of fishing pressure it will be interesting to see whos on whos fish come Sat.

this weekend looks great I think you guys will be able to take advantage of the weather and get on a good bite.
Drew
stiner19er View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiner19er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 6:53am
Good Luck to all those fishing in Savannah this weekend! Hope to see some NC folks on top
Stiner19er (Team B & G)   - Buffalo Wild Wings of Morehead City/Greenville, NC - Ray's Sprays - FINS Situational Braids, Z-man Products, Pro-Cure Gels...check 'em ALL out!
gottafly View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gottafly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 8:32am
I think that 4 or 5 teams were in the top 10. Only 19 teams weighed fish, 13 of them had 2 fish out of 51 boats, can you say tough fishing.

Pre-fishing in 15 to 25 Knot wind was as tough as it gets, finding and catching them on our own...priceless!!!

Congrats to all of us that finished in the top 10, Wilmington and Swansboro were rocking down in Georgia!!!

Edited by gottafly - 13 March 2011 at 8:33am
drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:31am
Nice finish Lee under those circumstances.

jmabry View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmabry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 2:00pm

Picked up one at 26.99999 in the boro yesterday afternoon before the wind kicked up and made it tough to see.
"I know the plans I have for you" says the lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope" Jeremiah 29:11

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 3:41pm
nice red jmabry, topwater action is right around the corner.

johnmauser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnmauser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by jmabry jmabry wrote:

Picked up one at 26.99999 in the boro yesterday afternoon before the wind kicked up and made it tough to see.
Nice job Mabry
Tailing Tide
~Fly and Light Tackle Charters~

www.TailingTideGuideService.com
Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 5:55pm
Nice red!  Cool
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:01pm
Just bringing the page back to the top, its trying to fall.  Hope to get out tomorrow on some drum.  Winds only gonna blow 25-30 with gusts up to 40.  Hopefully it will die-down soon where we can start seeing some good topwater.  wont be long!!

Edited by drumchaser - 23 March 2011 at 4:03pm

trigger22 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:42pm
Had a few swirls at my skitter walk yesterday afternoon but didn't take it.  tossed the doa cal shad after several casts with the skitterwalk and put a 17 inch red in the boat.  I was in a creek off the Neuse and water temp was 71 up in the bay I was in, and 65 in the channel of the creek.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

198 Intruder 175 ETEC

Skiffishermen View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiffishermen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 8:56pm
http://www.ncwaterman.com/forum/uploads/3972/Skiffishermen_06277397March%20redfish.jpg

Edited by Skiffishermen - 25 March 2011 at 8:57pm
Skiffishermen
Skiffishermen View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skiffishermen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 9:00pm
Sorry guys still learning how to post pictures.  Went out this afternoon for a couple hours caught one rat red and the one pictured.  Right at 27 inches. 

Edited by Skiffishermen - 25 March 2011 at 9:01pm
Skiffishermen
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Skiffishermen Skiffishermen wrote:

Sorry guys still learning how to post pictures.  Went out this afternoon for a couple hours caught one rat red and the one pictured.  Right at 27 inches. 

No problem buddy, nice looking fish. Good job in the wind today!!

Red Chaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 9:55pm
Good looking catch their. GPS coordinates will be greatly appreciated.
Pirasea1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirasea1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:15pm

This rich boat owning recreational fisherman is about ready to catch some redfish! Smile 

"The old man used to say that the best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back." - Robert Ruark
G-DOGG View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-DOGG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:43pm
Was back up in the creeks behind Oriental today.  Was using a yozuri 3d minnow red head, white/silver body.  Water temps were around 62 degrees.  Reds were very active, but still very skittish.  They would not hit a topwater nor a redfish magic.  The yozuri caught 2 of the upwards of 20 fish I was casting to.  Lots of baitfish there and the reds were swirling!  Like I said very skittish sometimes they would strike at lure and most other times they would dart away.  I didnt measure either fish but they were under 17" I'm pretty sure.

Red fishing starting to crank up again, cant wait for the topwater bite to turn on good!
Arapahoe, NC
18' Beaver "Backlash"
22' Bayrider
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Pirasea1 Pirasea1 wrote:

This rich boat owning recreational fisherman is about ready to catch some redfish! Smile 

I hear ya Pirasea1. Dont forget a pastal shirt. The fashion police get really bothered by them. :)Look forward to your reports, should be picking up soon.   

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:54pm
Nice looking reds GDogg.

obxpc View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obxpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:03pm
Theres been some drum in the slot and above at oregon inlet over the last week. Today was pretty good from what i heard. No redfish though. I think they catch those down in florida, all we have here is drum.

Edited by obxpc - 29 March 2011 at 11:06pm
Peter Cruger
G-DOGG View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-DOGG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 9:38am
Originally posted by obxpc obxpc wrote:

Theres been some drum in the slot and above at oregon inlet over the last week. Today was pretty good from what i heard. No redfish though. I think they catch those down in florida, all we have here is drum.
They are called: spottailedchannelbassredpuppydrumfishWink.  What is this drum dealie you speak of?  Isnt that like a musical instrument?LOL
Arapahoe, NC
18' Beaver "Backlash"
22' Bayrider
obxpc View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obxpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:59am
Peter Cruger
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 3:10pm
 actual name is not a red drum or a puppy drum but a CHANNEL BASS, big or small redfish and puppy drum is southern slang just like bull drum.
 so what ever you choose to call them your correct Wink i personally dont care what ya call em just dont call me late for dinner Thumbs%20Up
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
odell View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 3:35pm
Well said ncpierman, PM when you are ready to fish my waySmile 
Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 4:13pm
Pretty fish G-Dogg! Cool
G-DOGG View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-DOGG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:21pm

Only managed 1 red today at 13" long.  Water temps were 52 degrees.  Caught with yozuri 3d minnow slathered in procure inshore formula.  Got two trout though.

Arapahoe, NC
18' Beaver "Backlash"
22' Bayrider
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:25pm
gdogg,
man i remember the days id go out in this carp looking for them lol im ready for a pull just gotta get off my butt and go get em ;) congrats on some nice fish
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
Redfish View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:34pm
Another nice catch G-Dogg! Cool
chasintailsoutdoors View Drop Down
NCW Official Sponsor
NCW Official Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasintailsoutdoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2011 at 3:35pm

Capt. Matt Lamb here from Chasin Tails Outdoors.

I have the entry forms here at the shop if any of you Redfish Anglers are interested in fishing in the 1st Annual Eric Powell Redfish Tournament on April 30th at New River Marina. You can call me at the shop 252-240-3474 or email me for more info.

This is going to be a great Tournament for a great cause don’t miss out.  A barbecue lunch will be served from 12:00pm until 5:00 pm. Prize Drawings and Action will begin shortly after 4:00pm.  

Become a Fan at Facebook http://www.facebook.com/chasintailsoutdoors

Let us Help You Make A Fishing Trip To Remember. http://www.chasintailsoutdoors.com
My Email
G-DOGG View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-DOGG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:06pm
Caught two reds today in creeks behind Oriental.  Both were caught on a yozuri 3d minnow red head w/ white body first one was 17".

The second was 18 1/2"

Anyways the reds are picking up good now!  Get out there I want to see other pics too!
Arapahoe, NC
18' Beaver "Backlash"
22' Bayrider
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 7:55am
Nice reds gdogg, its about topwater time. Gonna try it this weekend hopefully.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161162163164165 196>
  Share Topic