FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 196>
Author
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***Official Redfish Report Thread***
    Posted: 16 April 2007 at 1:24pm
related to my DRUM FEVER forum lets get together and share some tail!
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 5:13pm
Nobody wants to keep this going? I know the weekend isn't here yet!
johnmauser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnmauser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 6:05pm
You'll probably have just as much luck posting an "Official Give Me The Numbers To Your Bank Account" thread.

There's plenty of drum out there right now, it just takes a bit of work to find them sometimes...and I don't think people are willing to give up their secret spots.  I'm sure people will say that there's drum in middle marsh, haystacks, etc, etc...that's common knowledge, but you'll still have to go out and search for them.
Goodluck

catbird View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 6:26pm
if you want to take a kid fishing go to beards creek on the neuse and catch all the rat reds you want for catch and release. most are 12 to 16", but every once in a while you can hang a slot. plenty of black drum also,2 to3 pds. good pulling fish, and tasty. flounder and spotties also in the mix. next month will be better, but ill be there this weekend.got that biteritus in my body. ill be in command of a white sea fox bayfisher, if you see me hollar and ill show you where.  got to run, catbird.........
you have reached the voice mail of don green,im gone fishing. if you call back and reach my voice mail, im still fishing!
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 6:54pm
not looking for secret spots just want a generalized RED DRUM FORUM. kinda a show and shine......If i build it they will come! 
Scott Hobbs View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Hobbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 7:00pm
And if you ask some willing sole will tell. The gotta tell will take over and the mouth will spill out the fortunes of a good outing.

Tight lines <*)))))>{
De Oppresso Liber

The healing of a soul is only a cast away.
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:06pm

soon ill be posting about drum i just put one up from last saturday,this is just the start of my year as well as all whom i take fishing.

ill be sure to post my events with ya on this and i will say john isnt being nasty just truthful.

i get in trouble a few times a year posting but hey as long as they complain i do it more  and the more i do the more people wanna know

i like to see what others are catching for drum but ill never ask for specific spots,i like my creek too much to travel to another spot for them,if i did that i think the red gods would disown me

RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:09pm

Seth,

Welcome to the board.  Sit back and let it happen.

catbird View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:19pm
ncpierman, its just a great creek to take a kid fishing if he wants to catch a mess of fish. more reds than anything else. other than pinfish. last yr you could get a 50 aday , maybe one or two keepers, the rest throw backs, but a lot of fun. maybe one or two keeper flounder also. good eats. you still have to know where in the creek. there is one hole in there where you can catch a mess of black drum, but if you dont know where the hole is you want catch any black drum..got to run, catbird...............
you have reached the voice mail of don green,im gone fishing. if you call back and reach my voice mail, im still fishing!
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:26pm

catbird,

i agree totally and i must know that hole cause i get alot of black drum every year and i release em all and 99% of my drum.

hardly do i get drum under the slot mainly in the upper 20s and a few over in the summer,i logged well over 300 slot size and bigger last year.

as for the black drum i know of 2 great holes for them actually one normally produces better than the others,seen a man get a nice 14 inch one saturday and he threw it back.

i remember when i first started fishing there from the banks i cuaght 2 really nice ones and thought they were sheep heads  what did i know for being from up north.

my biggest drum from there was 32 inches last year and had plenty of guys and gals get them from 28 to 31 inches,this year ive gotten tags to tag the 27 and up drum

besides i think were talking about 2 different creeks  im speaking of queens and your speaking of beards

Edited by ncpierman

catbird View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:40pm

im coming down to the cabin this weekend, i got that drumritus in my bones and i got to find a cure down on the river

..( take 2 drum tablets and 8 flounder pills)  got to run, catbird........

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 11:44pm
 i hear ya there good luck

drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:03am
ncpierman, stay, stay, stay.  i look forward to your pics and posts on the drummies.  you always have plenty to share.  keep that same hole by all means!! 

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:07am

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:08am
u da man!!!

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:15am

drumchaser,

thanks my friend but i will leave for no reason short of being barred from the site

and im truely looking foward to all the great post this year and pics,im gonna get alot of kids out this year as well,i bought a kids vest last year and havent had one out yet still has the tag on it,so i made myself a promise to get some kids fishing this year and i think i have a great place to start(swansboro middle school) with there friday fishing club

and a friend who just moved here from main has three kids and he lives right by the creek so this year i believeit will be more productive and worth while in my eyes cant wait to see all the smiles

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:24am
well im sure your gonna draw plenty of smiles.  maybe you can drag up another snapper on one of your trips!  Seriously though, it's people like you that keep this site and more importantly the sport of fishing ALIVE.  I would say that the majority of users on here look for ncpierman for a report and help.  Thanks man!!

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:16pm

DRUMCHASER,

AND ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND MANY OTHERS THAT KEEP ME HERE,THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

johnmauser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnmauser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:56pm

szextreme,

I hope you didn't take my response above as being rude.  I've just been around the site to long enough to know that most people are super tight lipped about where they catch their fish...although they're glad to brag about the fact that they are catching them.  My best advice is to head out on the next calm warm day and work your way around the grass in the creeks and sound.  Keep a sharp eye with some polarized glasses and you may luck up on a school.  Look for any nervous movement around the shallows and if you don't see anything then try blind casting.  There's been a lot of drum reports in the past 2 months...people are catching them...if you haven't already, do a search on "drum" in the fishing report section and you'll probably see some good posts.  Goodluck and if I come across some I'll pm you.

ncpierman... about time to start tearing them up on Queen's Creek...eh?

John

Edited by johnmauser
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:59pm
 JOHN I KNEW YOU WERENT BEING NEGATIVE THATS WHY I POSTED WHAT I DID,JUST TO KEEP THE AIR CLEAN

szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 10:03am
Ohh I'm totally fine Johnmauser! I was looking at wunderground yesterday afternoon, and looks like Sunday will be the day for the REDS. Saturday will be heading out to the stream! For those who havent looked yet, I saw a forecast of partly cloudy on Sunday. At 8am 2mph N winds, at 2pm 0mph winds, at 8pm 0mph winds. Looks promising but we know how the weatherman has been lately! I think this should hold true almost since the winds are finally dieing down around here after a horrible weekend. Good luck to all and hope Monday morning this thread is packed full of GOOD reports.
bigfish0602 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish0602 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 2:10pm

I'm going to the coast Sunday for some inshore action ( as of now). I've tried and tried but I just can't catch a in drum in Jordan lake..

I'll post when i get back.

Bigfish0602
Native Ultimate 14.5
AndAnotherOne View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndAnotherOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 12:03am

szextreme,   I like your idea of the drum forum.  A good place to check, If u like surfcasting is reddrumtackle.com.  They are very helpful and do not mind telling u where the fish were the prev night or morn.  Although,  I love to fish for drum 12" to 45" it does'nt matter.  I also was fishing last weekend and could not really find them either. I was fishing around Surf City NC.  Water 60 degrees surface to 62.5 deg. surface.  Only a few more more weeks until the cast nets will be full! 

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 12:08am

I NORMALLY FISH SOLEY AT QUEENS CREEK FOR REDS BUT THIS YEAR I MAY EXPAND MY AREAS FOR THEM TO SEE WHAT ISGOING ON IN OTHER AREAS.

I WILL BE GOING THIS WEEKEND SAT WITH MY SON AND SUNDAY WITH MY BEST BUDDY MY WIFE,MAYE THIS TIME SHELL LET ME GET A FEW

szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 11:18am
It is definetly a Redfish weekend gents. Had to cancel the stream trip but the skiff will be loaded up this afternoon when the work bell rings for Liberty! look forward to seeing everyone out and about. Look for the sundance with the poling platform thats where I will be, but probably not the Fish!
rinothropic View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinothropic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 3:13pm

drum are thick waaaay inside wrightsville beach. cast plastic to them all day you may get 1 in 75 casts.  dead shrimp on a carolina rig is the ticket. 

drake View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 6:18pm
Most of the creeks off the Neuse should have their fair share of reds with this North blow.
ncdelsol View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncdelsol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 10:47pm
hey ncpierman...........u r killin me with the all the emoticons. jeez lay off
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 11:08pm
 GOTTA LOVE THOSE EMOTICONS

szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:43am
No report here 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 196>
  Share Topic