FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 196>
Author
Gwhiteye View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwhiteye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:46am
Got a report here... Too bad its not a good'un.   Caught Zero in Swansboro Sat.   Did have a nice size Blue cut me off at the boat.
Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 7:44pm

Szextreme, was that you fishing along the south bank of Haystacks on Saturday afternoon?

Saturday, I caught a small speck that was legal but skinny, so he went back.  Yesterday, we caught 2 blues, 1 legal speck, and 2 flounder (one legal).  And I stuck a pinfish in the gill when he messed with my gulp shrimp. 

But no reds. 

paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:08pm

The wife and I got a bunch of reds up in the marsh near Morehead on Saturday and Sunday.  We kept the 2 I'm holding (22 and 24") had to let the 29" one she caught go.  They wouldn't hit topwater like usual....only dark color redfish magic paddletails with an 1/8 oz jighead.

Seeing it was Earthday on Sunday, we picked all the sea lice off the ones we let go so they would be pretty for the next guy.

"I may be stupid but I'm ugly"
Nativeguide View Drop Down
NCW Official Sponsor
NCW Official Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeguide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:24pm

The Redfish action is heating up!  I went "down the banks" on a scouting trip today and found the drum and blues stacked up together in a sandy slough.  We caught  2 drum to every bluefish, getting bites on almost every cast.  The reds were just under slot size and the blues were healthy 1.5 ~ 2#.  We got great fights out of both and eventually left the fish biting.  Used a 12 inch wire leader to keep the blues from cutting the line and it did not slow the bite.  White Gotcha curltails and white gulp shrimp worked great.  White was the color of choice today!  I feel these fish, like many others being caught right now, are just now coming in from the ocean.  They are very pale in color and have lots of sea lice, unlike the fish we have been catching up in the creeks that are clean and have a dark bronze/red color.  It's looking like it's gonna be an awsome season!  Good fishing to ya!

Oh Yea,  Paulg......you and your wife got it goin on!  Those are beautiful fish.

Edited by Nativeguide
Capt. Bryan Goodwin
Native Guide Service

My Website
252-725-3961
E-mail Me
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:47pm

me and the wife went out yesturday and managed 6 between the 2 of us the biggest was dinner at 24.5 and wieghted 5.3 pounds.

all were caught on fresh cut mullet on a carolina rig with half ounce wieght and 2\0 circle hooks  on queens creek

and the prize of the day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

all but 3 drum were under slot the rest were in 

Edited by ncpierman
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:52pm
i hear ya ncpierman, looks like the drum season is already in full swing for ya!!

Nativeguide View Drop Down
NCW Official Sponsor
NCW Official Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeguide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 9:56pm

Pretty work Mr.& Mrs. Pierman!  You got their number.....

Edited by Nativeguide
Capt. Bryan Goodwin
Native Guide Service

My Website
252-725-3961
E-mail Me
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 10:18pm

DRUMCHASER,

MAN I WISH IT WAS IN FULL SWING ,BUT ITS JUST GETTING WARM,I CANT WAIT FOR THE FULL BLOWN RUN THIS YEAR SHOULD BE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR I HOPE

NATIVEGUIDE,

THANK YOU BUT WHEN YOU THINK YOU GOT THEM FIGURED OUT THEY ALWAYS PROVE YA WRONG  MOST OF THE TIME IM RIGHT ON TOP OF THINGS BUT FROM RARE TIME TO RARE TIME THEY GET AHEAD OF ME

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 10:19pm

PAULG1,

MAN WAY TO GO THEY ARE SOME SWEET DRUM THERE CANT WAIT TILL THE BIGGER ONES HIT MY AREA

paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 10:51pm

ncpierman,

That's some nice looking grass and oyster bars.  Some nice looking fish too.  You should try tossing a topwater plug right to the edge of the grass.  Our favorite thing is to watch them try to jump on it a few times before they get hooked.  Two weeks ago Debbie had this 27" one jump all over her chug bug 5 times before she finally felt his weight and set the hook.  It was leaving wakes in the shallow water that were like little tsunamis.  She handled it perfect...7.5 lbs.

ganzandere View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganzandere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:39pm
caught this 28" drum near bear island on a redfish magic spinner bait with a 4" berkeley gulp (natural or new penny -- forget which).  s/he fought like a mule; took me nearly 10 minutes to get it calm enough to pull into my kayak -- great fight.  had to lean way back to get the whole fish in the camera frame!:

only hit i had all day, but was exploring some new territory, so spent a lot of time paddling around rather than fishing. 

didn't realize i had a water spot on the lens

// joel

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:54pm
GREAT JOB BOTH OF YAS, PAUL YOUR WIFE LOOKS LIKE NO MATTER THE SIZE SHE CAN HANDLE THEM LIKE AN EXPERT,IM TRYING TO GET MINE IN THAT LEAGUE BUT MAN SHES LEARNING FAST  AND IM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OUT WITH HER,NOW IF I COULD JUST GET HER TO BAIT RUN THE MOTOR AND NET MY FISH FOR ME ID BE IN GOOD SHAPE

paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 11:54pm
Pretty fish.  I bet it dragged you and that yak around a bit.
szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Mal_Pais Mal_Pais wrote:

Szextreme, was that you fishing along the south bank of Haystacks on Saturday afternoon?

Saturday, I caught a small speck that was legal but skinny, so he went back.  Yesterday, we caught 2 blues, 1 legal speck, and 2 flounder (one legal).  And I stuck a pinfish in the gill when he messed with my gulp shrimp. 

But no reds. 

ya we hit that spot up the last part of our fishing day we went up zigzag  through the flat and then tried that opening to the creek on the southside. caught a small 12" flounder there soon as the anchor hit the water

szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 1:39pm
Just wanted to say thanks everyone for getting some pictures up! Just don't wanna see this one moving back too many pages. So I figured I would run my mouth a bit to keep everyone who doesnt know about this thread to POST em' up in here! Hopefully in the near future I will have some good pictures to hang up on the wall of the Redfish thread. good luck to all!
redfish1976 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 7:42pm

I would love to post a couple of pics from SC, but I cannot for the life of me get the pics to post.  Anyway, we have started prefishing for the IFA down in Charleston, so I will have to blur out some background so you yanks can't get to my spot before I do.  JK! 

Kevin

redfish1976
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 12:29am

HERE IS A FEW FROM TONITE I JUST GOT HOME,THIS IS MY FRIEND SCOTT ROY AND HIS DAUGHTER KIMBERLY,AND THIS IS THERE SECOND TRIP OUT WITH ME AND THE FIRST FOR HIS RED DRUM AND BELIEVE ME HE IS STOKED AND READY FOR SOME MORE.

24.5 AND WIEGHT WAS 5.7 POUNDS ON CAROLINA RIG AND MULLET AT RISING TIDE IN QUEENS CREEK.

KIMBERLY CAUGHT HER FIRST EVER STINGRAY AS WELL AS SCOT DID WHAT TROOPERS ON THE WATER EVEN IN WINDY CONDITIONS

A BEAUTIFUL SUNSET TO END THE DAY WITH

SO I GUESS IM BACK IN ACTION AND DOING GOOD SO FAR 2 FOR 2 ALREADY

TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL.

JC_CROSS View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC_CROSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 4:45pm
Man, y'all are killing me.
drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 6:04pm

szextreme View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote szextreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 4:19pm

Sunday Report:

Got out around 7 in the morning Sunday, and decided that we would do some exploring to find some Drum. With the winds ripping through early in the morning the first spot we hit within 10mins we had a nice 20" fish on and couldnt beleive it! Then about 20mins later my buddy cranked in a small puppy drum, and a flounder. We moved over to the Hay Stacks and nothing but some little croakers running through the marsh's. around 11 the wind layed down and made our way over to Middle marsh, and boy what an afternoon. With low tide being around noonish on Sunday we beached the boat and walked all around the Island we call "Zoalcast Island" little side story here........I used to not cast so well so My buddy jason would make fun of me for it. Literally we would be out and he would say cast 12 O'clock I would some how make it a 5 or 7 O'clock! And one time it came out.... My last name is Zoal and then a cast.....ZOALCAST! kinda like that movie that says ZOALTAN with the bubble rap. well this is just a little island around the middle marsh that last year at the right time held a nice school for about a week. its an offshoot just like my casting soo if you know where I'm talking about one day there will be a sign that says ZOALCAST ISLAND......anyway back to the report.

What a beautiful day to be on the water and especially walking around places that usually you would be in a boat to fish. Crystal clear water in that area almost felt like I was in the Keys. No fish were caught, but we messed around with the poles and accidently caught Jasons dog a 4month lab/pit mix in the lip and she was rather lucky the barb didnt go all the way in her mouth. Maggie Mae had her first day swimming lessons early in the morning jumping off the boat after a redfish magic, later in the after noon we couldnt keep her out of the water playing everywhere, thinkin thats why we didnt catch any she was too busy chasing the lures down. I'll post some pics up later tonight.

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 7:43pm
We went Friday to do a little pre-fishing for the IFA down in Charleston.  Well, we had a couple of money fish, so I can't complain.  But only 2 boated all day.  But, when it's blowing gale, I'm happy with a pinfish.
redfish1976
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 9:50pm

WENT SATURDAY AT DAY BREAK MANAGED 2 ONE AT 23.5 AND ANOTHER AT 24 3\4 HAD THE PICS BUT DELETED THEM THINKING I WAS DOING SOME THING DIFFERNT

LOST 6 FOR THE DAY ALL NICE DRUM AND I PROBABLY WOULDVE ENDED UP WITH MORE IF I HAD LIVE MULLET,SCHOOLS OF FISH ALL OVER A COVE,ID CATCH ONE AND THEYD SPOOK SO IT WAS A POLING EVENT TO FIND THEM AGAIN WITHOUT SCARING THEM.

WENT OUT SUNDAY HUNG OVER BAD AND MANAGED ONE WITH THIS BAD WIND MAKIN THE WATER MUDDY 19 INCHES AND THE ONLY GOOD BITE IN 5 HOURS OR SO,SEARCHED BUT COULDNT FIND ANOTHER FISH,

WELL THATS IT FOR NOW TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMIN DRAGS TO YOU ALL

diamondhooker View Drop Down
Experienced
Experienced

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diamondhooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2007 at 9:59pm

szextreme,

Well there you have it Bud a Red Forum..... when it comes to the puppies and the specs it is like asking to be added to the family will!! I go along with Drake, watch the wind and fish the opposite side of the lower Neuse, only alot of casts and alot cooler time will make that notebook full of info, but it will be alot of fun. Was at Salter Path for two weeks just came back today ...the farthest I got off shore was last Wednesday and that was only 3 miles past the knuckle....what a washing machine it was that day. We were able to scare up some nice keepers in the skinny water on the back side of Adams Creek later this week ...made it all worth the gas!! May will be the month!!!

Lets get ready to fish!!

Brian West
Mal_Pais View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal_Pais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 1:34am
I posted these on other threads, but I like the idea of a Redfish report.

So here's the past weekend's slots:

A 26"er:

A 20-something"er:

tamj View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:27pm

Nice pics and reports everyone Went out to the haystacks this morning with a friend of mine.(thanks paulg1 for your help explaining were the launch was) It was really windy but did manage to get 7 drum.Most were around 18 or 19 inches.We released them all.Caught them on the white swimming mullet gulp. Here are a few pics.Sorry about the hair  it was like a hurricane out there

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:29pm

There is just something about that blue on the tail.  Now, if they could make a bikini in that color, I'd buy one for my wife, so I could save gas money and just chase her around the house.  I love that color.  Nice fish!

redfish1976
paulg1 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:19pm
Looks like you found the spot.  Nice fish.......the big one's in there too.   You'll find her.

Edited by paulg1
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:39pm

WAY TO GO TAMJ AND MAL-PAIS

YOU ALL FOUND SOME SWEET REDS THERE  LURES OR NATURAL BAITS?

I SEE TAMJ WAS USEING LURES.

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 1:07pm
Got to get out one more time before the front came.  We ran about 3 miles from the house and started searching a shell bank we had seen fish crusing at high tide last weekend.  Well, they weren't cruising it today, so we picked up and moved to a usually productive dock, and no luck there either.  So, we ran back to the house and fished a nice flat about 100 yards down the waterway.  We found the fish.  All were fairly aggresive too.  We boated 7 fish and lost 2.  All were caught on artificials, and none were deep hooked.  We aren't taking any pics right now, as we are getting ready for the IFA Redfish Tour in Chucktown.  Good luck to all who may be fishing it.  If you aren't and are interested, PM me and I will give you details.  I don't know the rules about talking much about it on here.  The fish are hungry down there, and it will be a great time.  BTW, I love this post.  Nothing better than talking reds as far as I am concerned.
redfish1976
Blaatzee View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaatzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 1:26pm

great.  here we go again.  more photoshopped pics from Mr. and Mrs. Pierman and made up fishing reports.  maybe one of these days they will actually learn how to fish for reds.

j/k  dude you and mrs pierman are killing me - - - again. 

Tidewater 230
"Forty Watt Range"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 196>
  Share Topic