FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

***Official Redfish Report Thread***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 196>
Author
drumchaser View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***Official Redfish Report Thread***
    Posted: 20 February 2016 at 6:21pm
delete

Edited by drumchaser - 23 February 2016 at 10:26pm

Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 7:13am
No one can touch Tim. Best I've seen and resilient. Serves the military as mentioned.

dontcatchmany View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dontcatchmany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 9:45am
Tim, I do declare that you could catch reds in a rain barrel in Arizona during a severe drought.

Straits, N.C.

"..... shall not be infringed."

MilitaryAppreciationDay.org One, Simple, THANKS!
jtoler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 9:31pm
NCPierman, I admire your commitment and truly enjoy your posts. I remember the little green boat you used and then the skiff and now I see you have a kayak. I also remember the days that you took the military folks fishing and hosted them for supper afterwards. Great job on the drum.
Jill
Fly Fishing, messing with my mind since 2007.
Mechanic Bob View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mechanic Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 6:01pm
Great job Tim. You indeed are Da Man!
fiogf49gjkf0d
#8 weight and I can't wait
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by 23Mako 23Mako wrote:

You da man ncpierman. I can't decide if I want to stay inside this weekend or try to work the surf. Guess it mostly depends on wave action. 

i hear ya i hope to be out this weekend weather permitting ,there was a nice school out the front of bear last week Wink
RED FISH ITS NOT A OBSSESION BUT A PASSION!!!

minds are like parachutes!!!!!
they only funtion when open !!!!
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 8:20am
You da man ncpierman. I can't decide if I want to stay inside this weekend or try to work the surf. Guess it mostly depends on wave action. 
ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 1:17am
another good day drumming

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 1:14am
another video of not long ago 

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 1:11am

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 1:08am
caught 10 bulls my first time off shore kayak fishing in oak island for the NCKFA oak island classic this was my first bull red off the kayak at 42.50 inches

Edited by ncpierman - 04 February 2016 at 1:15am

ncpierman View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncpierman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 1:03am
lets not let net talk kill this thread ,winter reds are schooled but you have to know where to look ,a week ago i caught 60 in just over 2 hours all on artificials ,soft plastics and then the day after another 30+ have had maybe 2 days out the last month with out a red drum

kshivar View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kshivar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 12:43pm
could there possibly be a correlation between no nets and more fish? I don't know. schill, daniels and their ilk don't seem to think so.
Crabby Captain John View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 12:27pm
Seeing a lot of fish. Especially flounder but I've been in Florida for a month
23Mako View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 23Mako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 10:13am
Bump, anyone seeing any winter reds? May hit some docks this weekend. 

Edited by 23Mako - 03 February 2016 at 10:13am
Fish Angel View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fish Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 6:11pm
Back to the actual fishing for redfish. Went wading today and have never caught so many redfish. Two hours of non-stop action for three of us with DOA shrimp and assorted jigs. Have no idea how many we caught, most were on back to back to back casts. 95% were in the 17-18" range. But we all got a nice slot red. The bite quit completely when the tide came in.
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by drumchaser drumchaser wrote:

Originally posted by mudtoad mudtoad wrote:

The death of the forum is the responsibility of Ray Brown and a small group of followers who constantly carp about fisheries. It is trawlers and nets have scooped all the fish. It is never the weather or a poor fisherman's lack of skill that is the reason for poor catches. Just saying
I'm against nets also, like most everyone else on here that won't/don't speak up.  Hey, don't forget the WRAL documentary special October 26th, 2015 from 6-9.  

RFA-North Carolinas photo.
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote drumchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2015 at 7:54am

The death of the forum is the responsibility of Ray Brown and a small group of followers who constantly carp about fisheries. It is trawlers and nets have scooped all the fish. It is never the weather or a poor fisherman's lack of skill that is the reason for poor catches. Just saying
I'm against nets also, like most everyone else on here that won't/don't speak up.  Hey, don't forget the WRAL documentary special October 26th, 2015 from 6-9.  

Reeler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2015 at 11:36pm
Steve J Glad to hear you are doing well. I not fishing the Swansboro area. Are you using live or cut bait? If not what lure are you using? I'm usually casting soft plastics.
Rich
Sportsman 207 115 Yamaha
Polar 18' 60 Yamaha
Steve J. View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2015 at 11:23pm
Oops, did have one skunk trip. Fished less than an hour one evening and decided the lightning could have all of the sound.
Steve J. View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2015 at 11:16pm
Thirteen days / trips drum fishing since late Aug. , a trip being the first to middle three hours of of the falling tide. Average number of fish per trip-5. High-9.  Low -1. No skunk days.

For season only two fish under the slot, only two fish under 20 inches (high 19's),maybe three 22's,  averaged 25-27 inches, had two over slot 28 1/2 and 30 1/2 inches. Fishing "near Swansboro". 

Not to cut the comms any slack, but perhaps those who are having their worst season ever are just hitting the wrong place,at the wrong time , with the wrong baits. My wife and I are having about an average to a little above average season. Good luck guys .
fiogf49gjkf0d
Reeler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Reeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 6:39pm
CCJ, I know what you mean. I caught more red drum in one day last April in LA than I have caught all year in NC.
Rich
Sportsman 207 115 Yamaha
Polar 18' 60 Yamaha
Richard C View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by capt_gordon capt_gordon wrote:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone  is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

LOL
"New Flash, if you would peruse the harvest data, for what its worth, you would notice that commercials are harvest larger fish on average than recs." by Big Pard, Nov. 6 in Will specks ever recover?
capt_gordon View Drop Down
Pro
Pro
NCW SUPPORTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote capt_gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 4:20pm

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone  is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Capt Gordon
"The albatross and the whale they are my brothers"
mudtoad View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mudtoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 3:13pm
too many sea foxes
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crabby Captain John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 11:07am
Hooked 4 bulls about 9 miles offshore king fishing last month. Hear of others picking bulls up closer now but overall not much happening. In NC a rec can keep one but the netters keep 7, that could have a lot to do with it. I go to LA every year and see what fishing for reds means!
Reeler View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2015 at 10:34am
It has been a real slow year for me and r4ed drum getting together. Last weekend my buddy caught two using a lipless crank bait. One keeper and one rat. Anyone else having any success?
Rich
Sportsman 207 115 Yamaha
Polar 18' 60 Yamaha
CapRandy View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapRandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 4:12pm
Facebook,the home of the completely unusual folks posting for sure.
Murder is killing but all killing is not murder
theramrod View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theramrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 2:37pm
I havent really posted too many fish on either forums or Facebook, but I've always liked this thread. Here's a few I've picked up this month:

trigger22 View Drop Down
Pro
Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by capt_gordon capt_gordon wrote:

Gives you an idea of what's going on out there.

I think the days of the forum are dying and Facebook has taken over.
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

198 Intruder 175 ETEC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 196>
  Share Topic